Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. If it was random why bother staging anything? They don’t know her or where she lives or if she has family. They would just grab her and go. Same goes with someone who knew her. Her family eventually know she’d been taken. Obviously her husband somehow seems to believe she has been. Why would they need to stage a bike? The ONLY reason IMO to stage the bike there would be to make people think she disappeared while biking. Only people she knew would have known she was a biker. MOO is that she was harmed by someone she knew and it happened either in the home or somewhere other than where the bike was found. Then again I could be totally wrong.
Yes, there is something to this staging business. It was deliberate. I'm thinking to send LE on a wild goose chase- "look over here" when they need to look elsewhere. Buys time for the suspect to get rid of any weapon used and I hate to say it, placement of a body, perhaps far away. Gives time for thorough clean up.

I think this sheriff caught on pretty quick- he doesn't strike me as one who looks just one way, but forward, back, side to side. I put my money on him to get to the bottom of Suzanne's disappearance, and soon. He knew this was going to be more complicated and needed help from several agencies- I appreciate that he worked with them to help find Suzanne and not let his pride get in the way of not calling in more help when needed.

He's also smart in not doing daily press conferences. He's not stupid- people can read his body language, too, and read between the lines of things he says or doesn't say. He's a smart cookie.

Camera footage between May 8th and May 12th? That's interesting.
Very!

For those who's memory about dates is fuzzy during coronavirus times (when every day feels like Tuesday), the days of the week for those dates are

Friday, May 8 - Tuesday, May 12.

Suzanne was reported missing on Sunday, May 10.

jmo

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office posted these photos in the comment section of the recent press release:

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
97414229_3230929490280025_730528736813776896_o.jpg

96693971_3230928023613505_6519626786140061696_o.jpg

Last edited:
Camera footage between May 8th and May 12th? That's interesting.
Well many of us have been saying we didn't believe that she disappeared on Sunday, but sooner. It just sounded too crazy to me that she went for a bike ride and the immediate response of a 9/11 phone call and the police reacting right away for an adult who could have gone missing on her own. It makes me wonder if there is more to the phone call from the neighbor- as in, whoever called that neighbor may have been told that they weren't able to get a hold of Suzanne for a couple of days and not just the past hour. It's never made sense to me, this quick reaction. I've seen it take several days to almost a week before they take serious a missing adult, unless there was a threat or crime scene.

Very!

For those who's memory about dates is fuzzy during coronavirus times (when every day feels like Tuesday), the days of the week for those dates are

Friday, May 8 - Tuesday, May 12.

Suzanne was reported missing on Sunday, May 10.

jmo
Was this just asked for today?! I would think it would have been asked for the day she went missing.

Agree. FB comments are way too nasty much of the time.
Strange avenue as a first choice plea without LE back up IMO
Could it be because the sheriff didn't ask/allow/invite them to do this so they are doing it on their own!
In my experience with these cases there is a reason why they don’t ask certain people to do things and make sure to ask people to do things. I feel like if they think he would be valuable to the case he would make sure to ask him to do something if it was needed. In this case he did not ask him to do something. So to me that is telling. He went on his own and did something. That does not make him guilty just means he did something outside of LE request

Strange avenue as a first choice plea without LE back up IMO

In my experience with these cases there is a reason why they don’t ask certain people to do things and make sure to ask people to do things. I feel like if they think he would be valuable to the case he would make sure to ask him to do something if it was needed. In this case he did not ask him to do something. So to me that is telling. He went on his own and did something. That does not make him guilty just means he did something outside of LE request
I think it was smart of him. I don't see anything wrong with that at all, in fact the contrary. I think he and the nephew feel they are being focused on.

Last edited:
I noticed that the spot they found the item is at an intersection. Do you think it was a hit and run but they panicked and put her and the bike in the back of a truck? How much traffic is on this road?

Quite a bit. It's a major route between places like Gunnison and Colorado Springs. Also just a great route up into the mountains. Or between Denver and say, Silverton or Ouray.

Another possible explanation for the May 8-12th dates would be to look for people watching/visiting/casing her home before her May 10 disappearance.

Or maybe 48 hours before and after is just standard? JMO

maybe searchers will find her somewhere around Denver?

I really hope... that she staged this, took off on her own, told her daughters that she needed to get away from home and is about to connect with LE to call off the dogs because she's safe... sigh

Unfortunately my thoughts are more that she committed suicide than something more nefarious. Of course, this is based on what little information that has been reported-would like to know what other item was found and the condition of the bike. Just can’t help but be reminded of Leanne Beardan, it took over a month for them to find her and the search dogs had searched the exact area she was found.

For whatever reason, LE said they don't think suicide is likely.

That's one of the few things they said. No mountain lion. Suicide unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar