Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chaffee County Assessor property search has a feature to shunt to satellite photograph mapping. This link should open on the immediate area of search. I note that the power line clear cut makes a line directly through the search area, and when I zoom in close, I can clearly see a well traveled path which I assume is a bike path. County Road 226 also follows the power line route from Fooses Lake up the mountainside, but it is barely more than two tire tracks through the forest. Overall, it looks to me like SM may have been riding the path of the power line, up the mountain (or at least intended to do so).
Once I became familiar with the controls of this website, I found the detail and zoom power to be more useful than Google Earth.
JMO
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map

Yes, there are “water search dogs”:

“Water Search Dogs are also known as Water Recovery Dogs or Water Recovery K9s. These specialized search and rescue dogs alert to human scent in the water. Typically, they're trained to alert to the scent of human remains. Water Search Dogs help police find victims of drowning or to locate other bodies in the water.”

Water Rescue Dogs and Water Search Dogs: What's the ...

—-

_79699984_dog11.jpg

The dog that finds underwater bodies

—-

“WATER SEARCH DOG

A water search dog is trained to detect human scent that is in or under the water, focusing on the scent of the bodily gases that rise up. As a team, the handler and dog usually work in a boat or along the shoreline. Because of currents and general changes in the water, it can be hard to pinpoint the location of a body. To enhance the chance of location, a diver should be ready to search as soon as the dog indicates. Additional teams, unaware of the previous teams' findings, work independently to indicate a location. This allows team members to determine the most likely location of the body.”

Dogs In Search And Rescue
There is also another type of search dog used by the department of corrections in many states. The cell phone sniffing dog.
The Amazing iPhone-sniffing Prison Dogs

I had never heard of such dogs till the case of the missing girl, Alexis Murphy, in our state. Her accused assailant, Randy Taylor, originally stated she wasn't there and then LE brought in a cell phone sniffing dog from the department of corrections. The dog found Alexis' cell phone near Taylor's camper. That was the beginning of Taylor's case unraveling.

I wonder if LE was also looking for Suzanne's cell phone as well if the dogs came from the department of corrections.

Not sure if this has been posted yet so if it has, forgive me.

They are using divers and asking neighbors for videos.

“Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8 through May 12.”

Pictures of the Dive team in the water are in the article.

Missing woman’s husband pleads for her safe return, dive team searches water

@AmberJoCooper

Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8 through May 12.
That's interesting as in the video plea she was abducted on the 10th on her bike ride.
Why the 8th ?
Makes no sense.
Thanks for the link.

My list of "creepy dudes" that took Suzzane.

1) Someone that works for her husband..........a new employee.......met her, interacted..........social setting.................was just WOWED.

2) Someone that works for Suzanne.............a new employee.......OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS her from the charity. Likely not the female employee, but most likely the male dirtbag that forced his old lady to get a job.

3) construction crews.....plural.............. On any jobsite, anywhere, you'll have at least 4 or 5 different "trades"............."ie" concrete, masonry, steel, drywall, paint, hvac, roofing, etc. Anybody, in any one of these trades may have come across Barry or his wife, and yes, in the short 2 years they were in Colorado. So, factor in 5 employees per trade x 5 jobs x 2 years...... that Barry has done since he's been there........well, now we're looking at 80 potential suspects. See how easy this is ? Can you see how *advertiser censored*****cked it must be for the investigators ?

4) A local neighbor.....living close by........stalking her. Doubtful. (Reason: the people that own million dollar homes, and depend on security cameras, don't normally hunt down their neighbors on bicycles and kill them for no reason.

5) This woman was abducted..................while out on a bike ride. Why would her husband throw up an immediate 100K reward ?? And...........why would that be met with yet another 100K reward within 24 hours ?

6) Let me tell you why. Suzane was abducted, she was taken, she probably lived through begging for her life for 2 or 3 hours............maybe even 4 or 5 hours..............but the guy that took her...........the local.................realized that after all of the hype and hysteria...................well...................Look at her picture. These are some sick <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the fact that I think Suzanne was abducted and taken by a really creepy dude, as I've stated in earlier posts, I'll give a list here of the likely suspects:

It's terrible that she hasn't been found yet. With all of this searching, I was convinced she would be found dead or alive by now.............from "whatever" cause.

At first I was really mad at law enforcement for keeping the inner workings of the investigation so private, cloaked in secrecy. After some time to think though, I think I know what they're up to.

They knew by Tuesday of last week that she had been snatched, for lack of a better word. So then the question.......snatched by who ??? Her husband put up a 100K reward shortly after, which was matched by a family friend shortly thereafter, both of these individuals have "insider" information that none of us have.

The police and their trained search crews have been out there for a week now. They aren't searching for Suzanne, they're searching for evidence of what may have happened to her. I think they knew by Tuesday of last week that this wasn't some weird biking accident.

I watched the video of her poor husband today, he looks sunburned, tired, exhausted, and scared. He was asked to sit in front of a camera to satisfy the curiosity of all of us. If I had to take a wild guess, I think he really did believe that his wife had some kind of a bizarre biking incident......in the beginning. He certainly doesn't think that now..........nor do I.

I stated three or four days ago that I thought she was abducted by a local. Local to........Maysville or Salida, ?
These are things I don't know. Had Suzanne and Barry met people that knew both of them ? I don't know either.

I commented that I think she was abducted/taken by someone that the two of them had met in the short time they've lived in Colorado. I still think that's true..........but the big question for the police.........who? Remember the Jayme Closs abduction? I think we're dealing with the same type of nutcase. He stalked her. Watched her. Fell in love with her. Decided he had to have her. The only difference in this case, I think this is a sexual assault/"I think she likes me , I'll confront her" type of case.
Much to his chagrin...........and anger............she didn't want anything to do with him. Chances are good, the person that "nabbed" her is an unstable nutcase that lives in the immediate area. My....wasn't he surprised, knowing her husband was out of town, but here she rejected him ???!!! My suspicion is that Suzanne was nice to this person at one point or another. Maybe she joked around, and heaven forbid (winked) at him !!! As a total and complete loser, he went into "Jayme Closs" mode.

I think that's the type of person that grabbed Suzanne. I think her husband knows it. I think the police know it. I think all of these searches are being conducted to look for evidence..............and to buy time...............while the detectives are interviewing and squeezing the employees and contacts of this poor family.

Unfortunately...............the last person on the radar...............is going to be the last person suspected...............just think Jayme Closs. She had to save herself. The cops and all of their blustering, did nothing to save her. The cops had given up on it...........assumed her dead. I don't really believe that Suzanne is still alive....................but I do believe that hope is something we should never lose or discount.
bbm
Re. the bolded :
Oh, it's certain that some might have insider information that none of us have.

Pretty simple, really.
We were not told what kind of bike she was riding, what she was wearing, if she had sunglasses on, what type of footwear, who contacted the neighbor to tell them to call 911 & that Suzanne hadn't returned from her bike ride, who saw Suzanne last outside of the family.
All of these questions and more.

And it's possible that an abductor --if this is what happened-- might have heavy equipment, or a landscaping job, or work for highway construction, or a truck driver like Keith Jesperson. In which case Suzanne may be so well hidden that she'll never be found.
Which is sad and chilling.

But you're right to not give up hope and it's possible that if Suzanne is being held captive that she might free herself !

I must be brain dead. Is there anything in MSM about the bike being found? I've seen a couple of posts on this thread about where it was found but can't find a link to MSM. TIA.

LE hasn’t acknowledged that the bike was found, to my knowledge. The nephew is the one who said her bike was found.

I wonder if Barry has offered to take a polygraph to clear himself. I sure would if I had nothing to hide even if they aren’t allowed as evidence. I’m sure he was asked. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>
I would not take one if it was me. Guilty or not. I think any good defense attorney would recommend their client not take one. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
My list of "creepy dudes" that took Suzzane.

1) Someone that works for her husband..........a new employee.......met her, interacted..........social setting.................was just WOWED.

2) Someone that works for Suzanne.............a new employee.......OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS her from the charity. Likely not the female employee, but most likely the male dirtbag that forced his old lady to get a job.

3) construction crews.....plural.............. On any jobsite, anywhere, you'll have at least 4 or 5 different "trades"............."ie" concrete, masonry, steel, drywall, paint, hvac, roofing, etc. Anybody, in any one of these trades may have come across Barry or his wife, and yes, in the short 2 years they were in Colorado. So, factor in 5 employees per trade x 5 jobs x 2 years...... that Barry has done since he's been there........well, now we're looking at 80 potential suspects. See how easy this is ? Can you see how *advertiser censored*****cked it must be for the investigators ?

4) A local neighbor.....living close by........stalking her. Doubtful. (Reason: the people that own million dollar homes, and depend on security cameras, don't normally hunt down their neighbors on bicycles and kill them for no reason.

5) This woman was abducted..................while out on a bike ride. Why would her husband throw up an immediate 100K reward ?? And...........why would that be met with yet another 100K reward within 24 hours ?

6) Let me tell you why. Suzane was abducted, she was taken, she probably lived through begging for her life for 2 or 3 hours............maybe even 4 or 5 hours..............but the guy that took her...........the local.................realized that after all of the hype and hysteria...................well...................Look at her picture. These are some sick Mother U kers
bbm

Re. the bolded : Possible b/c they both have very kind and generous hearts ?
Some people do.

And you have to realize that the terms are "if Suzanne is returned safe and sound". That reward would obviously not be paid out if she's deceased.

And your guess # 3 might have some merit.
As it's possible since no trace of her has been found after a 7 day search that a worker with landscaping or construction experience might have taken and concealed her.
It's looking very sad for Suzanne the longer it drags on !

LE hasn’t acknowledged that the bike was found, to my knowledge. The nephew is the one who said her bike was found.
We just have the nephew's word at this time; and in msm he asked people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.
That was said earlier in the case.
Waiting for LE to confirm.
They've been remarkably tight-lipped !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads