Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure speculation but I think the neighbor found the bike but couldn’t find/get a hold of Suzanne which is what led them to call police. Again just my opinion and what I’m leaning towards considering what we have been told. This would have led them to believe she went on a bike ride and something happened.

Interesting idea. Perhaps the bike was in a very odd place.

LE's wording is specific that the 'investigation revealed'...that SM went for a bike ride 'in that area and had not returned home'. Presumably, therefore, the bike ride is fact

With Gannon's case fresh in my mind - I cannot help thinking that the initial report was that GS was last seen going to a friends house that afternoon. We all know who said that & how that ended :(

LE's wording seems exact IMO - however, they did NOT say which day she went for that ride, only reported missing Sunday......by a neighbor (which I find very odd JMO, though a family member who was out of town may have asked them to check on her & then call 911)

The wording of LE's statement suggests that it was only AFTER she was reported missing that LE's investigation then revealed the bike ride - ie, that the neighbor only reported her missing, not necessarily speculation on the why/when/how of the fact she was missing- LE discovered that in the course of the investigation

JMO :)

I'd have a big, well-trained dog in a house that remote. Which leads me to ask: Any pets? That could indicate when exactly she went missing,if they were unfed/no water, messes in the house, etc.

I don't understand how you could live in an area that remote, with large wildlife around and not have a pretty good-sized trained guard dog.

I assume the husband is out most of the day for work, but I don't know for sure.

I wonder why he wouldn't insist on a dog like that especially to be with her when he was not there.

IMO
If the thread title said she didn't return home from walking her dog, we would be discussing her dog. Just saying..

While that is actually true, it's also true that many times what was reported via a 911 call or a missing person report, is 100% untrue.
I'm not saying the neighbor lied, because I believe the neighbor that called 911 told dispatch what they were told, that she went on a bike ride and didn't return.
It's buried now in updated pages but many of the earliest MSM articles said they neighbor who called 911 was told, or it was reported to them, that she had not returned from her bike ride. (Discussed in the first thread)
Now some of those articles even say things like "was last seen" or that the neighbor saw her.

- We don't know who contacted the neighbor and told them this
- We don't know if SM actually did go on a bike ride
- There is zero evidence that has been made public anyway, that she was ever seen, by anyone, on a bike ride.
- LE won't even confirm they found her bike & they've never even described it to the public.

So yeah. A giant load of nothing confirmed except, Suzanne is missing.
And the timeline has now appeared to include Friday and/or Saturday, as well as Mother's Day.

I don't know how SM and BM hold their assets. Neither do you. My post was aimed at correcting the impression that it would take some kind of legal wizardry for the marital estate to have a less than equal distribution upon death. That's all.

Saying something is specific or unique does not imply wizardry. Any competent lawyer could do a trust or a will, that was not my point.

But enough said. I never mentioned wizardry and you seem determined to add an emotional tone to the word "specific" that I didn't intend. I just meant that a person desiring to remove assets from a spouse's control (especially under all situation) would have to open their mouth and give specific instructions to either or type them into an app. The default situations would be where the couple/family did nothing and would therefore apply. Most people do NOT disinherit their spouses, btw.

So I'll now add the word "unusual" to my description of such a situation. Since such documents are not usually public nor do they have to be, we will likely never know - unless there's a trial sometime in future.

I don't understand how you could live in an area that remote, with large wildlife around and not have a pretty good-sized trained guard dog.

I assume the husband is out most of the day at various sites for his landscaping business and doesn't really work from home.

I wonder why he wouldn't insist on a dog like that especially to be with her when he was not there.

There's no evidence that Husband has a landscaping business in Colorado nor has his occupation been discussed on MSM or in Suzanne's SM AFAIK.

Did the neighbor mention a bike ride in their 911 call? If yes, where did they get that information?

It could be that they were told about the bike ride by someone, possibly the person who called them to check on Suzanne or someone else (including Suzanne) at an earlier time.

It is less likely that the neighbor saw her riding the bike earlier in the day or found the bike, recognized it and then called 911.

If the bike ride wasn't mentioned on the call, how did it get into the news stories? Was it after the bike was found? Who recognized the bike?

LE's wording is specific that the 'investigation revealed'...that SM went for a bike ride 'in that area and had not returned home'. Presumably, therefore, the bike ride is fact

With Gannon's case fresh in my mind - I cannot help thinking that the initial report was that GS was last seen going to a friends house that afternoon. We all know who said that & how that ended :(

LE's wording seems exact IMO - however, they did NOT say which day she went for that ride, only reported missing Sunday......by a neighbor (which I find very odd JMO, though a family member who was out of town may have asked them to check on her & then call 911)

The wording of LE's statement suggests that it was only AFTER she was reported missing that LE's investigation then revealed the bike ride - ie, that the neighbor only reported her missing, not necessarily speculation on the why/when/how of the fact she was missing- LE discovered that in the course of the investigation

I think we're at that stage now with little or no information to go on that we are starting to microdissect statements for meanings that might or might not be there.

And I'd sure like to have heard that 911 call.

MOO don't think anyone would delegate calling 911 about their mother or wife to a neighbor.

I assume the husband is out most of the day at various sites for his landscaping business and doesn't really work from home.

Respectfully, what kind of trained guard dog are you talking about? Highly trained executive protection dogs are not readily available to anyone and IMO, shouldn't be. Luckily, the cost alone keeps them from the wrong hands.

Now, if you say it would be nice if Spot the family dog, barked to alert the owner something is amiss, giving them time to take action. Good plan. Good dog. IMO, people that live in remote areas, especially with dangerous wildlife around typically are responsible gun owners.

I'd have a big, well-trained dog in a house that remote, even without a stalker. Which leads me to ask: Any pets? That could indicate when exactly she went missing,if they were unfed/no water, messes in the house, etc.

edited for clarity

SM has a pic of a cat on her FB, but no idea if the cat is still with them, as the time stamp was 2008.
And he didn't look all that intimidating.

I agree. As a mountain biker, trail rider, I always put on Strava to time my rides. It would be interesting to know more bike specific facts on this one.
I tried looking for mtb groups and/or segments on strava for her area, but gave up. Even if she didn't use Strava, there's also Apple watch and various other gps recording options for cell phones. Most everyone I know that rides uses something to track rides, routing or exercise data.

I wish that we had some recent pictures of Suzanne. I keep thinking about how the pictures they're showing are older. Something about that strikes me wrong. I wonder if anything in her appearance had changed, and if so, what was the cause? There may have been issues in her life (health, marriage, location) that affected this. Just speculation on my part.

Rather a little late to this case....Interesting to see recent profile/cover photos is just her and her daughters. The last profile/cover photo of her and her husband was in 2017. Hard to tell how active he was on FB, but his profile pic in 2019 is of the both of them. What I also find odd is neither of them like or react to each others photos. This is not in anyway accusing the husband of any wrong doing. (I just spent practically a whole year involved with the JD case, and nothing surprises me). What does surprise me though, is that neither of their FB's are temporarily closed, given that his pics are being shared now by some person claiming a neighbor has her. Surely there is a laptop of her's somewhere in the house that FB remains open to give her husband access to it. Or not.
Also, did you notice her wedding band in her profile pic is worn on her right hand.

While that is actually true, it's also true that many times what was reported via a 911 call or a missing person report, is 100% untrue.
I'm not saying the neighbor lied, because I believe the neighbor that called 911 told dispatch what they were told, that she went on a bike ride and didn't return.
It's buried now in updated pages but many of the earliest MSM articles said they neighbor who called 911 was told, or it was reported to them, that she had not returned from her bike ride. (Discussed in the first thread)
Now some of those articles even say things like "was last seen" or that the neighbor saw her.

- We don't know who contacted the neighbor and told them this
- We don't know if SM actually did go on a bike ride
- There is zero evidence that has been made public anyway, that she was ever seen, by anyone, on a bike ride.
- LE won't even confirm they found her bike & they've never even described it to the public.

So yeah. A giant load of nothing confirmed except, Suzanne is missing.
And the timeline has now appeared to include Friday and/or Saturday, as well as Mother's Day.
I think this is what you are referring to -
Maysville’s Suzanne Morphew, 49, is missing. The Chaffee County Communications Center received a call about a missing female at 5:46 p.m. on Sunday. Sheriff John Spezze said that’s the day they think she went missing.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of C.R. 225 and U.S. 50 in Maysville and contacted the reporting party who told them Morphew had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Maysville woman missing

Missing Persons Planet@Home4theMissing
49-year-old Suzanne Morphew of Maysville, Colorado was reported missing on Sunday @ 5:45PM after she failed to return home from a bike ride near County Road 225 & U. S. 50; she was reported missing by her neighbor because her husband is in Denver on business.

So much we don't know.

How close were SM, BM, and the neighbor(s)?

Did they have keys/ codes to each other's homes?

Did they also bike? Did they bike or recreate often with either S or B? Lot's of bikers have several bikes. Would the neighbor know her bike by sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy