Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the husband leave for Denver and how long was he expected to gone?
Do the girls live with them?
Did anyone see her leave that day?
Did anyone see her that day?

How I understand it:

1. LE has not publicly said that he was in Denver. The family said he was, as reported in MSM. Family has not said when he left for Denver or when he was expected home.
2. Unknown about the daughters.
3. No public reports of anyone seeing her (leaving or otherwise) on May 10.

Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family confirms husband’s whereabouts on the day of her disappearance as police ask neighbors to save doorbell camera footage

<modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family confirms husband’s whereabouts on the day of her disappearance as police ask neighbors to save doorbell camera footage
from confusing article ...."According to the report, family members have confirmed that Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew was in Denver on May 10........." "according to the report"........which report? further up it opens with ..."CBS 4 Denver reports that authorities in Chaffee County are asking Maysville residents to save any video...." so to confirm the alibi I googled CBS 4 Denver and see no such report or anything on family confirming anything...just saying....so according to what report?

Last edited by a moderator:
from confusing article ...."According to the report, family members have confirmed that Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew was in Denver on May 10........." "according to the report"........which report? further up it opens with ..."CBS 4 Denver reports that authorities in Chaffee County are asking Maysville residents to save any video...." so to confirm I googled CBS 4 Denver and see no such report...just saying....so according to what report?
I'm SURE this sheriff checked out his location way back when this started so who cares if his relatives are letting people know this info. It's not the husband anyway they have to start looking for the suspect. They have the FBI there for pete's sake. I hope it's not going to be another Jayme Closs who had to save herself.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Please stop discussing "staging". It is not sourced in MSM and is strictly a member's speculation that is not based on any known fact and is being discussed at times as if it were true.

Can you please provide some clarification? It was my understanding we are supposed to be allowed to theorize or state our opinions or hypotheses, so long as it is clear that we are offering opinion or speculation ONLY, and we do not accuse anyone not named as a poi/suspect. <modsnip>

Just throwing this out there—-I doubt there is any relation whatsoever, but remember Maggie Long’s killers are still out there. It’s a straight shot from Bailey to Monarch Pass:
2 h 1 min (112.4 mi)
via US Hwy 285 S

from confusing article ...."According to the report, family members have confirmed that Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew was in Denver on May 10........." "according to the report"........which report? further up it opens with ..."CBS 4 Denver reports that authorities in Chaffee County are asking Maysville residents to save any video...." so to confirm the alibi I googled CBS 4 Denver and see no such report or anything on family confirming anything...just saying....so according to what report?
Thank you for asking. I wanted to know this also.

When did the husband leave for Denver and how long was he expected to gone?
Do the girls live with them?
Did anyone see her leave that day?
Did anyone see her that day?
Not revealed when/if husband left for Denver-Girls -1 college staying where-not told another high schooler-Not revealed anyone saw her-that day or leave

Her nearest neighbor doesn't share an access road with her. If another neighbor spotted a bike, how would they know whose bike it was?

I'm not sure it was ever stated anywhere if they are friends (her and the neighbor who called 911) or how close (friend-wise) they are. If they are pretty friendly, I wouldn't find it odd for them to recognize her bike. Friends of mine who don't live anywhere near me know what my bike looks like due to me posting several Facebook and social media photos of it while I'm riding. It could be something like that; if they are very close, relationship-wise, she might have even biked to their home before. MOO

Fair enough! I know a lot of people take what she says with a grain of salt. But to my knowledge that is considered MSM so posters are allowed to reference it.
Oh, I know it is absolutely considered MSM and fodder for discussion! I was just letting you know that she was the only source reporting that tidbit. IDK, I just think that is good data to consider. I know she is generally accurate, but not always, IMO o_O

Again, YMMV. :)

I'm SURE this sheriff checked out his location way back when this started so who cares if his relatives are letting people know this info. It's not the husband anyway they have to start looking for the suspect. They have the FBI there for pete's sake. I hope it's not going to be another Jayme Closs who had to save herself.
Sorry, just saying article is being called mainstream and it says some report . I only ask what main stream media report? Not Denver 4 .

I care....
I luv WS because we have some of the greatest minds around. Each person brings something awesome to the table.

Does anyone know dependable the cell phone reception is in that area? What I'm getting at is whether she might have brought a cell phone along on her bike ride.

I suspect the "personal item" that was found was a device that had GPS, like a cell phone or apple watch. That would be the first thing a kidnapper would want to get rid of.

LE frequently does not want rewards posted as it can make their investigation more complicated.

It is possible that family has gone against LE's wishes in their determination that it may aid in finding their loved one.
Oh dear.....
It would freak me out to go against LE wishes if my husband went missing.
:0(

I’m having trouble imagining a neighbor taking it upon themself to call 911, without prompting by a family member, unless I came upon something disturbing (an abandoned bike, personal articles strewn about?). If I could not get in touch with a friend, I would try to contact a family member or another friend who might have spoken to them. 911 would be a very last resort, and I would probably expect the family member to make that call. Perhaps a family member asked them to. Part of the case now, so I doubt we will learn more about the neighbor.

Then I'm way off base. Because I took the release differently.

The dictionary says: "re·port·ed·ly
/rəˈpôrdədlē/
adverb
  1. according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).
So when I read the Sheriff's Office release, I took it as-- the Office may or may not believe she went on a bike ride.

Sure, that makes sense.
Either way, we really don't know for a fact that she went on a bike ride.
I think LE does, but they're not in the sharing mood just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill