Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Private Searches?
Iirc, the Sheriff said in a PC that while there are offers to help search, they are choosing to use trained personnel. This is definitely a wise approach imo, for various reasons.
@margarita25 bbm Thx for your response.
Yes. I recall sheriff saying ^ & agree not allowing untrained civilians to do actual searches is wise.

My post was asking (trying to ask) whether anyone knows if nephew or other fam/friends had since started searching, in face of LE refusing help (at least at time of presser.maybe Wed?) Thx in adv.

Last edited:
This is one of the many things I’ve found so...curious...about this case. No description of clothing or personal items, height, hair color, nothing. No guidance on if you were in xyz area on this date around these times and saw anything please call. This is very unusual, in a true missing person’s case.

I wonder if LE knows something that convinces them describing the clothing of SM wouldn't help in finding SM. For example, if LE was informed by SM's family that they discovered there was some sort of violent disturbance or attack that took place at the home and multiple outfits of clothing and many other personal items are missing... then nobody would have any way of knowing what she was wearing on the day of the "incident."

LE might also know from talking with family members that any description as to hair color might not be accurate. There may be a very specific reason for that. Have recent photos of SM surfaced over the last few days? I know some were saying the photos were all from earlier times.

Am I saying the above scenario is my #1 theory? No... it's just a demonstration of things that could result in LE approaching a specific case in what appears to be a different way from the "usual approach."

I agree with you. It's very curious and not what we've come to expect in a missing person case but, I think one day soon, we'll surely know why this case was being handled "differently." I hope very much that SM comes home safely.

Jmo and speculated scenario is only to demonstrate a point.

Thoughts on why LE is specifically not confirming the recovery of her bike?
I have my ideas about the absence of information re. the bike and other identifying information.
It would appear that Suzanne may not have been kidnapped. Imo.
LE have ruled out an animal attack and if she'd been in a hit and run, or became lost in the woods, LE would have said as much.
LE have not ruled out foul play.

It's possible a stalker took her, but then there'd be a clear description so people would know what to look out for as far as her possessions that she may have dropped. (sunglasses, shoe(s), bike helmet, etc.)

A stalker would not have to be a stranger to Suzanne.
One of my coworkers was stalked for a time by her soon to be ex-husband. :eek:

Last edited:
I have my ideas about the absence of information re. the bike and other identifying information.
It would appear that Suzanne may not have been kidnapped.
LE have ruled out an animal attack and if she'd been in a hit and run or lost in the woods, LE would have said as much.
LE have not ruled out foul play.

It's possible a stalker took her, but then there'd be a clear description so people would know what to look out for as far as her possessions that she may have dropped. (sunglasses, shoe(s), bike helmet, etc.)

A stalker would not have to be a stranger to Suzanne.
One of my coworkers was stalked for a time by her soon to be ex-husband. :eek:

I’m going to throw something out there, not sure if hypothesized yet, but from the moment it was revealed that items had been found, my first thought went to Jessica Ridgeway’s case, when she was still missing and they found her backpack (which was discarded in another direction by the perp for the purpose of being a red herring):

While LE revealed they did indeed find her backpack, they never told us what was inside her backpack. We only found out later in court documents what was inside her backpack: her glasses and her (urine soaked) clothes. :(

My point is, based on that, they knew they were dealing with a sick predator, and that harm had come to Jessica.

I couldn’t help but wonder if it was clothing items that they found of Suzanne’s. If it was, I could especially see why they wouldn’t reveal this.

Anyway my first thought was I hope it wasn’t her clothes they found.

Here's a larger photo of that profile picture.

9Se83m5.jpg

I’m going to throw something out there, not sure if hypothesized yet, but from the moment it was revealed that items had been found, my first thought went to Jessica Ridgeway’s case, when she was still missing and they found her backpack (which was discarded in another direction by the perp for the purpose of being a red herring):

While LE revealed they did indeed find her backpack, they never told us what was inside her backpack. We only found out later in court documents what was inside her backpack: her glasses and her (urine soaked) clothes. :(

My point is, based on that, they knew they were dealing with a sick predator, and that harm had come to Jessica.

I couldn’t help but wonder if it was clothing items that they found of Suzanne’s. If it was, I could especially see why they wouldn’t reveal this.

Anyway my first thought was I hope it wasn’t her clothes they found.
Omg... That case about killed me. It was so horrible and that backpack had me going insane it was found like a mile away from my house. I drove up and down that road looking around. I went crazy that night trying to remember every car that drove past me.

Couldn't they call the tip line and and tell the operator (or leave voicemail) describing what they want to email and then if LE deems it useful could provide the caller with a specific email address to use? I don't think having a phone line means things can't be emailed....but you just have to be "screened" before emailing.

jmo

Sure they could but the last paragraph speaks to the concerns even if they call it in. It would be hard to describe the evidence you have over the phone, and so you may not be convincing enough to LE with a phone message and they may throw your phoned in tip into the dust pile. On the other hand, if you were able to show them what you have to begin with, LE may realize it is important and follow up with you.

I don't use mapmyride, but I do use mapmywalk....and I set up my profile, map my walks, etc. when I'm at home. I would guess many people use it while actually biking or walking, but to me, I like to do that stuff before/after my outings, not during.

I'm not sure we can make a conclusion from that time stamp, but maybe.

jmo

I use mapmywalk too. I only share my location and time data with my daughter. Rather not have the public see where I take my usual walks.

More Than 150 Calls Made To Tip Line For Suzanne Morphew

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve received more than 150 calls to the tip line set up for a missing woman. Suzanne Morphew disappeared on Mother’s Day after taking a bike ride.

Investigators say they found her bike and a personal item belonging to Morphew. They did not disclose what that item is.

If you have eleven minutes, you might want to watch the video at the link. The first portion is part of the preliminary preparation and ascent to the beginning of Fooses Lake Trail. At 2:08 begins the actual ride. The first mishap is a few seconds into the ride. The ride ends with a portion of the Fooses Lake Trail that merges into County Highway 226. The ending is at the Fooses Lake Trail Head, the site which has been pointed out as being 2000 feet from SM's house.
Monarch Pass bike roide - Bing video

Thank you for finding and sharing this video. Gives a very real sense of the rugged trails available in that area.

I think this video shows how foolish, IMO, it would be to go biking on a long mountain trail by oneself. Hit a rock wrong, or miss a curve, and break a leg or arm, and a person could be in trouble quick. But gorgeous country and views!

Ok, why wouldn’t they all be grouped together if they belonged to this one individual? On the street? Why would they be placed on the street where someone could hit it or the person putting it there be hit? Kind of bizarre. JMO

Were these things in black plastic bags or just random piles of clothing?

What if he picked up something that he found and could belong to Suzanne?

Maysville, where SM lives, is about 12 miles from Salida, where the man with the street baggage was seen, so it's unlikely he could have found anything pertaining to SM's case. IMO. An assumption by me, as it sounds like he is a regular fixture in Salida, without transportation of his own (as per a previous post here by MomofDoggies who lives in Buena Vista).

If you have eleven minutes, you might want to watch the video at the link. The first portion is part of the preliminary preparation and ascent to the beginning of Fooses Lake Trail. At 2:08 begins the actual ride. The first mishap is a few seconds into the ride. The ride ends with a portion of the Fooses Lake Trail that merges into County Highway 226. The ending is at the Fooses Lake Trail Head, the site which has been pointed out as being 2000 feet from SM's house.
Monarch Pass bike roide - Bing video
Wow, looks like it could be quite dangerous. Stunning scenery though.

Thoughts on why LE is specifically not confirming the recovery of her bike?

(ETA: By confirming this, they wouldn’t necessarily have to divulge its location)
Yes, and what condition the bike, if found, was in. Wondering if she was street riding and was hit by a vehicle. Even if in good condition, they may get a touch DNA sample.

When they put the meds in for me when i had mine done i thought my heart was going to stop. I had the worst panic attack of my life. I even got up and ask "what the hell did u give me" the lady said, "numbing meds that contain some kind of strong antihistamine" I thought i was dying it was a horrible trigger for me.

Had the exact same thing happen. It's the epinephrine in the lidocaine. Epinephrine is adrenaline. It constricts blood flow to the areas injected, allowing for profound numbness and less bleeding. It also causes a racing heart if they inject a lot. There are numbing agents that have less epi in them, make sure you tell your dentist to use one of those.

More Than 150 Calls Made To Tip Line For Suzanne Morphew

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve received more than 150 calls to the tip line set up for a missing woman. Suzanne Morphew disappeared on Mother’s Day after taking a bike ride.

Investigators say they found her bike and a personal item belonging to Morphew. They did not disclose what that item is.
So they DID find her bike and a personal item. Would a helmet be considered a personal item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat