Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Nope. None.
To be fair, that doesn't mean they didn't happen.
It's just that no one has posted anything about them.
In fact, nephew seems to have gone completely silent in the last few days.
Agree about silence since the husband's video. Also noticed that another person was added to the fund site.

Last edited:
More Than 150 Calls Made To Tip Line For Suzanne Morphew

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve received more than 150 calls to the tip line set up for a missing woman. Suzanne Morphew disappeared on Mother’s Day after taking a bike ride.

Investigators say they found her bike and a personal item belonging to Morphew. They did not disclose what that item is.
Replying to myself to say that this story was tweeted by CBS Denver at 4:00 pm today ( 35 minutes ago). I have not seen any other news that says investigators confirm the bike being found.
Out of an abundance of caution, just want to say this could be a mistake on CBS part IMO until we hear it from LE.
CBSDenver on Twitter

Replying to myself to say that this story was tweeted by CBS Denver at 4:00 pm today ( 35 minutes ago). I have not seen any other news that says investigators confirm the bike being found.
Out of an abundance of caution, just want to say this could be a mistake on CBS part IMO until we hear it from LE.
CBSDenver on Twitter

Yes, I agree and actually noticed some possibly shabby reporting on this case from this news outlet in the past, moo.

I was so hoping she would be found by now.

JMO
Ive been revisiting the suicide theory and what doesnt make sense is her bike being found without her nearby. Im assuming the bike was found away from the home closer to where they were searching.

Being it was Mothers Day I could see depression could possibly be increased on that particular day. Especially if she was alone that day. But I keep outruling suicide because of the bike being found without finding her.

Unless she just walked away on a long walk or had another form of transportation and just dumped the bike on purpose or something like that.

I suppose there are some who commit suicide and not want to ever be found. So I suppose its still possible but if there are no cars missing then the only possible way she could leave the area would be on foot if she wanted to go to a quiet place where nobody would find her.

I guess when I weigh the suicide possibility against someone being involved in her disappearance, I have to lean towards someone else being involved. To make things fit in with what little we know, it seems to be the simpler option unfortunately. Both options are not good for her safe return.

Gosh its so sad she has not been found. I hope some clue surfaces in this case to be able to find her.

Last edited:
Was just listening to the podcast. Almost sounds like they think she was hit by someone pretty close to her home as she was heading out...then maybe taken? Cause the first item was found in an area close to the home and the bike was found a little ways down

Ummm I hate to say it but he may have had an adverse reaction to the meds during his procedure. When they put the meds in for me when i had mine done i thought my heart was going to stop. I had the worst panic attack of my life. I even got up and ask "what the hell did u give me" the lady said, "numbing meds that contain some kind of strong antihistamine" I thought i was dying it was a horrible trigger for me.
Is this something new or is it the usual numbing they do?

Does anyone remember a case, several years ago...where a manhunt was conducted for I think an escaped convict or killer (not sure but do remember he was extremely dangerous)? He broke into a home and kept a woman hostage for several days, was going to kill her, but somehow through her own resilience, wits, and the grace of God, she managed to get through to him on a sort of spiritual level to convince him to surrender.

I don't know why that popped into my head, maybe because I'm grasping for hope, IF Suzanne was abducted. Suzanne strikes me as being someone who could be very resourceful and keep it together if there was a chance to escape such an abductor.
Wishful thinking perhaps....

I'd like to know what LE's statement (working on memory folks): 'further investigation revealed'...the bike ride

Was this 'further investigation' actually finding said bike (that wouldn't be conclusive anyway, finding her bike doesn't MEAN she disappeared after heading out for a bike ride necessarily) - ?

OR

That someone told LE the last time they spoke with her she said she was heading out for a bike ride.....?

And we know that the last person to see/speak with a victim/missing person is prime suspect numero uno......(not to say that said suspect couldn't/wouldn't then be cleared)

Too little information at this point

But to do the old fashioned crystal ball into the minds of LE, lol, I'd say - or like to believe - that they've a good idea of what's happened & trying to connect the dots to create a solid case

JMO

Do y'all think it might be more likely she was a road biker vs. a mountain biker based on this photo?
My guess, for what it's worth, is that she was an accomplished road biker in Indiana, and was teaching herself to be a semi-extreme mountain biker. I think the sheriff was trying to be correct in saying: "It is my understanding that she was avid, but not...........; she rode a lot." I see no evidence of her joining group rides, clubs or even hanging out at the shop. It is impossible to ride Monarch without encountering some challenging trail. Ir's a vertical, granitic landscape.
Taking the thought one step further, my impression is that she has been living her own dream (while living her family's version, as well), and cherished the time that she had to herself.
To sum it up, I think she was both, but you won't be seeing her featured on a Mountain Dew commercial. She would not have taken the same bike for either ride. JMO

Man I am only like 5mins in on NG podcast & the whole dynamic has changed for me.
Female neighbor who is also fit and goes biking together is the one who called 911. Female neighbor SAW her leave. Female neighbor possibly knows some personal issues regarding SM. Bike IS found Sunday.

hinky meter is going off and something tells me it’s foul play and the perp knew SM’s schedule as far as riding on Sundays and her route bc bike and personal item were found “close” to residence.

Man I am only like 5mins in on NG podcast & the whole dynamic has changed for me.
Female neighbor who is also fit and goes biking together is the one who called 911. Female neighbor SAW her leave. Female neighbor possibly knows some personal issues regarding SM. Bike IS found Sunday.

hinky meter is going off and something tells me it’s foul play and the perp knew SM’s schedule as far as riding on Sundays and her route.
OK so that was one of my initial wonders. When was she last seen. I'm glad this is confirming the neighbor actually saw her leave. Still a really short time-frame to report a person missing. My husband goes mountain biking and I'm never suspicious if I haven't heard from him in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr