Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is already posted, I'm not caught up.
Authorities are searching SM's home today.
Wonder why the delay?
Authorities searching home of missing Chaffee County woman
If they are searching they may have needed a warrant -- to get a search warrant you need to show probable cause that a crime was committed and that items connected to the crime are likely to be found in the home. So they would need enough evidence to get the warrant.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this recap!

Very interesting....

SO, why was this neighbor so tuned into her comings/goings....?

Not to cast doubt onto her...just: if she was, & appears have been indeed, keeping 'tabs' on SM - why?
Again, my speculation is that she was worried/concerned for SM's safety - NOT that she has anything to do with her disappearance

Point being: she had a reason to worry for SM - why?

She worried to the point that SM, allegedly, didn't return back from a bike ride that very day & she is compelled to call 911

Interesting.......

JMO
ETA 'tabs' bad phrase - just - how many see their neighbor leave & then are aware enough of when/if they've come back to go check/see, keep a lookout, & then call 911...she was being fairly vigilant: for a reason....presumably she knew SM could be in trouble.....maybe SM was aware of a stalker......?

I distinctly remember reading an article in MSM that the person who notified the police was a neighbor/friend. I cannot remember where I read it, but I don't ever read the $%!+ on facebook or other social media. If this is true, it would make more sense as a friend would be more concerned if SM didn't return, knowing she was alone. Anyone else remember hearing that the neighbor was a friend of SM??

There is a lot of terrain, drop-offs, and dense woods in the area. It would be easy to get disoriented and go off in the wrong direction if your brakes locked up or you got a flat. One twisted ankle and you're lost. You would never find her if she fell down and passed away.

My sense is that is not what happened here. My spidey-sense is tingling.

Some good information in this article regarding why FBI was called in on this case so early.

Although Corsentino says the FBI's involvement does bring out some clues.
"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

Apologies if this has already been posted.

OK so that was one of my initial wonders. When was she last seen. I'm glad this is confirming the neighbor actually saw her leave. Still a really short time-frame to report a person missing. My husband goes mountain biking and I'm never suspicious if I haven't heard from him in a few hours.
I understand seeing your neighbor leave. I don't understand calling the police at 5:45 in the evening. It's not that late and to be honest how did you know you didn't miss them returning? Are you waiting by a window for them? Just odd.

I understand seeing your neighbor leave. I don't understand calling the police at 5:45 in the evening. It's not that late and to be honest how did you know you didn't miss them returning? Are you waiting by a window for them? Just odd.

Exactly

Much more pithy statement of what I said in a much more long winded fashion, lol

Two things that have crossed my mind in light of the recent details:

1) I wonder if Suzanne had trouble with a stalker previously (IN)

2) The neighbor reporting her missing so soon could have been because she saw her leave and knew she would be back in 'an hour tops' or something. They may have been friendly especially if they knew she was at home alone.

Is it possible that Suzanne DID come back home after the ride, and something happened in the home? Maybe she had plans with the neighbor and when she didn't show up, the neighbor tried to call her....and no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr