Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I am only like 5mins in on NG podcast & the whole dynamic has changed for me.
Female neighbor who is also fit and goes biking together is the one who called 911. Female neighbor SAW her leave. Female neighbor possibly knows some personal issues regarding SM. Bike IS found Sunday.

hinky meter is going off and something tells me it’s foul play and the perp knew SM’s schedule as far as riding on Sundays and her route bc bike and personal item were found “close” to residence.
bbm
The bolded is some new information.
What did the neighbor actually tell NG ?

I admit I'd rather hear about Suzanne last seen leaving that day from LE and not just the neighbor.
Just that I don't want to set in concrete based on the neighbor's word alone.
Could be completely accurate; but some security footage or an update from LE would seal it for me.
Imo.

Last edited:
The search warrant is telling. LE thinks there may be evidence of a potential crime related to the house. If my wife was missing, I would have had LE at the house immediately to uncover evidence leading to her safe recovery. However, it's not always so simple as people may be covering other unrelated activity they don't want revealed to LE. But at least there is movement, and potentially a presser upcoming.

ETA- I am assuming a search warrant, since the house is cordoned off.

I can’t open the KDVR/Fox link. What does it show? Thanks!

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Authorities have cordoned off the home of Suzanne Morphew, a Chaffee County woman who has been missing since May 10.

Investigators are searching the property for evidence.

ETA: the article now says: Correction: An earlier version of this story stated investigators are searching the home. While the house is cordoned off, authorities would not confirm whether it is being searched.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman

by: Eric Ruble

Posted: May 19, 2020 / 05:08 PM MDT / Updated: May 19, 2020 / 05:59 PM MDT

Suzanne Morphew, a Chaffee County woman who has been missing since May 10.

Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the home “is being held as part of the investigation.”

Last edited:
I just find it so out there that the neighbor actually saw her leave and that they were able to file a missing persons report within an hour or two. Whenever an adult goes missing it seems like they always make them wait at least 24 hours.

Why were they so worried within those 2 hours? I wouldn't think anything of it if my neighbor was gone 2 hours. And I really don't think the police would be that interested in an adult being gone 2 hours?

And this is EXACTLY why this case has us all in a tizzy. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

I understand seeing your neighbor leave. I don't understand calling the police at 5:45 in the evening. It's not that late and to be honest how did you know you didn't miss them returning? Are you waiting by a window for them? Just odd.
The neighbor saw her leave, then I think possibly awhile later either the husband or daughters called the neighbor to check on her because they could not get hold of her and the neighbor found her gone and since it was after dark, called the police. That's my scenario.

Two things that have crossed my mind in light of the recent details:

1) I wonder if Suzanne had trouble with a stalker previously (IN)

2) The neighbor reporting her missing so soon could have been because she saw her leave and knew she would be back in 'an hour tops' or something. They may have been friendly especially if they knew she was at home alone.
That's what I am afraid of. That someone was lying in wait. Right now it's also acceptable to have your face covered so she wouldn't have even realized. ( I'm in NY and drove up to a bank window with a bandana on yesterday, had I done that 6 months ago they'd have called a SWAT team.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow