Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search warrant is telling. LE thinks there may be evidence of a potential crime related to the house. If my wife was missing, I would have had LE at the house immediately to uncover evidence leading to her safe recovery. However, it's not always so simple as people may be covering other unrelated activity they don't want revealed to LE. But at least there is movement, and potentially a presser upcoming.

ETA- I am assuming a search warrant, since the house is cordoned off.
Agree- LE wouldn't need a search warrant if my spouse was missing. I would invite them in even if I had a pot farm in the basement.

The time that she called in the missing person report is well after sundown on the east side of Monarch Pass. I would guess it was too dark to still be out on a bicycle. JMO
Maybe? I went out for a run last night and got home at 9pm. If you love and know your sport, you make odd choices. It would make more sense to me that a concerned family member called the neighbor and asked if they saw her bike or car there, and if not call police. I'm still waiting to hear a more official word than NG and speculation.

According to Google, the sun set at 8:06 PM there on May 10. It would have still been very light out when the neighbor called the cops. I agree that there had to be some reason for her to be concerned to call that early. Now, we don't know what time she saw Suzanne leave. I guess if she saw her leave at like 10 AM and then couldn't get a hold of her almost 8 hours later, she might have cause to be concerned. MOO

They are just now doing this? I don't see a date for this headline.
Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman
The article is updated to say:

Posted: May 19, 2020 / 05:08 PM MDT / Updated: May 19, 2020 / 05:49 PM MDT

Suzanne Morphew, a Chaffee County woman who has been missing since May 10.

Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the home “is being held as part of the investigation.”

I just find it so out there that the neighbor actually saw her leave and that they were able to file a missing persons report within an hour or two. Whenever an adult goes missing it seems like they always make them wait at least 24 hours.

Why were they so worried within those 2 hours? I wouldn't think anything of it if my neighbor was gone 2 hours. And I really don't think the police would be that interested in an adult being gone 2 hours?
Small town is my guess. Husband's profession maybe has the family's name on the radar? Previous calls to the house? Possibly info we have not been told from family/neighbors like a note, etc? It could be a lot of things.

It says this at the bottom
Correction: An earlier version of this story stated investigators are searching the home. While the house is cordoned off, authorities would not confirm whether it is being searched.

yes...same article reads.... Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.
Sounds like they don't want any contamination while they wait for a warrant

The neighbor saw her leave, then I think possibly awhile later either the husband or daughters called the neighbor to check on her because they could not get hold of her and the neighbor found her gone and since it was after dark, called the police. That's my scenario.
Suppose the neighbor walks outside after getting the call and finds Suzanne’s bike, but no Suzanne. Time to worry, and call 911.

I just got off the phone with Chaffee County Sheriff’s PIO. She tells me #suzannemorphew home is being held for the open investigation and that they are looking at all possibilities. They are not searching the home. This still remains a missing person case. More on @FOX21News

Lauren Scharf on Twitter

That's what I am afraid of. That someone was lying in wait. Right now it's also acceptable to have your face covered so she wouldn't have even realized. ( I'm in NY and drove up to a bank window with a bandana on yesterday, had I done that 6 months ago they'd have called a SWAT team.)
BBM Great point!

yes...same article reads.... Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.
Sounds like they don't want any contamination while they wait for a warrant
The article also updated with this line: According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the home “is being held as part of the investigation.”

The search warrant is telling. LE thinks there may be evidence of a potential crime related to the house. If my wife was missing, I would have had LE at the house immediately to uncover evidence leading to her safe recovery. However, it's not always so simple as people may be covering other unrelated activity they don't want revealed to LE. But at least there is movement, and potentially a presser upcoming.

ETA- I am assuming a search warrant, since the house is cordoned off.
So I'm not new to any of this but I don't think I know this...do police need a search warrant if the family willingly allows them in to look around? I'd guess yes, because things can turn sour and be thrown out if they didn't do everything by the book every time. Just curious!

The timing does seem weird.
I mean, being gone on a bike ride for a couple of hours in the late afternoon seems like a perfectly normal thing to do, and nothing that should be so alarming your neighbor reports you as a missing person to 911.
Obviously there's some info here (that would make this make sense) not being released.

(ETA: sorry if I misunderstood, I can't listen to NG's podcast so I may have some new info incorrect. Is there ever a transcript of her podcast?)

jmo

So I'm not new to any of this but I don't think I know this...do police need a search warrant if the family willingly allows them in to look around? I'd guess yes, because things can turn sour and be thrown out if they didn't do everything by the book every time. Just curious!
Some will ask the homeowner "can we look around" i dont think they go through everything more of a quick look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member