Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big whoa on the suspicious vehicle and tip line call. I have so many questions!

Mainly...what made them find the vehicle suspicious? Was it the kind of vehicle it was? The spot it was in? What a person in the vehicle was doing? A combo of these things? I am glad they called but so curious about this vehicle now. I also wish we knew what time they saw this vehicle. I am getting more and more concerned this was an abduction :( MOO

Could the uncle have meant all those who are jumping to conclusions on the Find Suzanne FB page, and elsewhere in comments under media reports? And "tell that to the Sheriff" was said in anger, frustration as in " let those rumors be known to the Sheriff Dept" type of thing?
I don't believe so. We can recognize the subject of what he said.
--------------------

*jumping to conclusions
*those who are pointing fingers

These are verbs (per se). Then in line the Sheriff's office is mentioned [not a fb page].

My take is LE is " jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers" at BM. The uncle tells us so.

Last edited:
I wanted the reporter ask what the car looked like. Obvious question. Did they edit out a description of the car? Or maybe he just didn't want to describe it to the media.
Yes, I would have had a dozen questions. How long was the car there, what made it suspicious and how did he know it didn’t belong there? MOO

Woah!!! That dude says he saw a car on 225 that shouldn't have been there, very suspicious and he called the tip line! That was on Mother's Day, wish he would have said what time he saw the car!!

Erm, what is a "car that shouldn't have been there?"

I would say a McClaren 765 LT shouldn't have been there. Its airscoops would get dinged very badly and the massive air vents are gonna get messed up by the dirt and don't even get me going on the paint and the gravel

My Corvette shouldn't have been there 'cause I'd be having a heart attack

Are the roads restricted to Subarus in that region?

I lean to this bicycle guy NOT being a flake. Cyclists are observant, and I'd think locals around there are laid back and generally watch out for the community.

That said, the person in the car could be the suspect, or could be a weirdo of some other sort passing through the area.

Yes...........this is a big country, with many types of wild land. Ours is the bone dry, steep, rocky kind. IMO
Absolutely, and he’s been there for fires, but it’s still possible that these firefighters can be called to search. That’s the point I was trying to make. IMO

Memory can be deceiving. They searched it four times, totally tearing it apart on the third try. Later, after the key witness took them on a guided tour of the torn-up place, they came back with search crews again. IMO
Right... because someone tipped them off to come back to search. At that point, no one was allowed to stay there.

A big whoa on the suspicious vehicle and tip line call. I have so many questions!

Mainly...what made them find the vehicle suspicious? Was it the kind of vehicle it was? The spot it was in? What a person in the vehicle was doing? A combo of these things? I am glad they called but so curious about this vehicle now. I also wish we knew what time they saw this vehicle. I am getting more and more concerned this was an abduction :( MOO

County Road 225 is not very long, from Highway 50 to Fooses Lake parking area. Any stranger who was not going to Fooses Lake (or beyond on County Road 226) and did not appear lost could cause concern, IMO

He spotted a car that looked out of place. "It was very suspicious, it shouldn't have been there in my opinion and I called detectives and told them that".
Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman

Witness speaks in the video.

This has been mentioned in other posts as well. Maybe someone can verify if this is a fact.
Yes it was Becky. But it was determined to be rumor since it didn't come from a verified source.
However other "rumors" turned out to be true, a fact.....like the bike being found, which in the beginning LE would not confirm.

It's going to take me quite a while to read this fast moving thread. Can someone answer a few questions. I promise I will slog through the whole thread. Where did they make their money? Her dad owned a drive-in back in Indiana but he was listed as the former owner. She was a school teacher for 4 years in the 90s. I presume that may have been before she had children. And it says Barry is a volunteer firefighter. Where I live, volunteers are just that; they don't get paid.

I know he was in the landscaping business. His website from Indiana shows images of work done. Not real big scale stuff, though. Weirdly, there are lots of landscaping companies called BLM, not just in Indiana. So either he's hugely successful and has numerous locations including places in Canada. Or it's just some weird coincidence. There's one in Canada, I believe the initials refer to boisvert (greenwood). There's another in Dallas, different owner, and another than lists 3 owners, none with the name Morphew.

I find the charity a bit odd. It doesn't have a website to list any works or interest they take donations for.

Also, forgive me asking what's probably repetitive questions but did the neighbour actually see Suzanne leave to go on a bike ride or did Suzanne just call him/her to advise of her outing? Did Suzanne specifically tell the neighbour she'd be back at 5:45? Do we know what day Barry went to Denver? And how he traveled there and back? Was he advised of his wife's disappearance when he was in Denver or when he got home?

My apologies for asking so many questions.
I think I can answer a couple of things. Someone earlier today said that BM’s landscaping business was not residential (although he probably did that too) but more commercial accounts. So it could have been somewhat lucrative.
A Wildland firefighter in Colorado starting pay is about $15-$16 per hour.
We don’t know what other income they may have.
Today there was a Nancy Grace podcast and a reporter said that a female neighbor told her that she saw SM go for a bike ride. SM did not tell her when to expect her back, as she didn’t say she spoke to her.
Neighbor she called 911 because it was getting late, close to dark.
We don’t know how much of that NG podcast is speculation but I believe the part about the reporter speaking to the neighbor. JMO

Talking/thinking out loud:

If this is a random abduction, I wonder if the perp was in the area for work, perhaps an essential worker of some sort, utility, road construction, flagging, landscape, that sort of thing. Who was working on Sunday morning? Just a thought as I think of mostly work and utility-vehicles that seem to drive by these days.

I’m looking at CDOT’s website now to see active projects, have come across some older articles but still looking (and trying to get through this podcast):

CDOT:
Homepage

—-

State of Colorado Temporary Highway Maintenance Worker- Monarch Pass Job in Salida, CO (US) | Glassdoor

Just poking around. If it was a random perp it could be anyone anywhere obviously, a local, or someone there for business or recreation. Or simply to abduct.

Maybe they’re familiar with this trail, say as “BG” may have been familiar with the bridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member