Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wonder why they're not letting the Fire Department help? Hmmm. Let me think about that.
Makes sense to me and not surprising. If they discovered or tampered with key evidence, a defense attorney would have a field day in court. If a cop is dirty, many times LE will have State Police conduct the investigation so there is no conflict of interest in the investigation.

Clearly, BM's fire buddies are sticking by him. At least the one(s) who were interviewed in the DM article.

The house has been cordoned off for at least a week now and LE is denying searches are proceeding (could be since the day of the disappearance, but was first reported on 5/13). That tells me the sheriff is having trouble getting a search warrant, which likely means he’s not turning up evidence that indicates the house is a crime scene. I’m leaning more toward stranger abduction, but accident or self-harm still seem like strong possibilities. Would love to think she staged her own disappearance, but I kind of doubt it.
If there are no exigent circumstances, or consent to search by BM, I think having exhausted all search efforts where the bike was found, and finding no evidence that a crime was involved at that location (if that's the case) then there may be enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant to search the house based on the possibility that a crime may have happened in the house.

IMO...kidnapping and holding people for ransom in the United States just doesn't happen anymore or so rarely that it's the last thing I would expect unless the family were multi millionaire/billionaires. The technology is far too advanced these days for anyone to reasonably succeed in a ransom request that releases the individual back to their loved ones....
Good point. Now they just hack into computer networks, hold important files hostage, and then release them for large ransoms.

So noone saw her on her bicycle, yet it was found somewhere along with a personal item. According to nephew and LE.

When did someone actually last see or talk to her? Do we know that?

I noticed it mainly looked like paperwork being removed from the house by LE based on the DM photos.
LE has not confirmed the bike story IIRC - I've been updating the media thread and reading their press releases - I may have missed it.
JMO

Makes sense to me and not surprising. If they discovered or tampered with key evidence, a defense attorney would have a field day in court. If a cop is dirty, many times LE will have State Police conduct the investigation so there is no conflict of interest in the investigation.

Clearly, BM's fire buddies are sticking by him. At least the one(s) who were interviewed in the DM article.
I am still thinking about other possibilities, but I agree why they could be excluded from the search.

I posted that the Indiana address in White Pages was not the same as the address in Heavy.com. It is still a source though and is what got me asking questions about the Indiana property. It is never up to date but I still find it a great source for finding associates and relatives and who lives/lived at properties. My question still stands - are they searching the Indiana property? I am guessing that the Indiana/Colorado connection is why the FBI are involved. MOO.
I live so close to there I would drive by if I were home! But out of state this week.

I could call one of my friends and ask to do a drive by for me. But they already think I am crazy :p

I’m going to use Nancy’s phrase “quinky-dink “
Girls both gone
Husband gone
Wife disappears on THAT day.
It’s Mother’s Day...so girls call Mom ...can’t reach her.
( girls prob called Dad who is away in Denver...be interesting to know if anyone or exactly WHO suggested she could of gone on bike ride)
Neighbor then checks the home & no wife there ( possible checked if the bike was gone)
Neighbor calls police with possible missing wife...via bike ride.

MOO

The search comes just two days after police divers drafted in from neighboring Pueblo County were seen scouring a reservoir less than a mile from Suzanne's property.

Random dive location, or was some item of Suzanne's found at the reservoir?

ETA- map shows house (H) and Lake Pueblo State Park reservoir (R). Zero chance this is a random site, it is very far from Salida. And it is one way to get to Denver. Cell phone or truck GPS tracking?

They haven't been searching Pueblo Reservoir or anywhere outside Chaffee County from what I've seen. They just called in a dive team from Pueblo to help.

Deleted by me
I was about to post the exact same thing-

Only a few logical possibilities, no accusation here:

Neighbors observed the bike ride and observed her not coming home when expected.

Neighbors were told about the bike ride by a third party who called them concerned she could not be located.

Neighbors assumed the bike ride after they were told about her being missing by a third party and then went to check on her.

Given that LE is searching the family home and not the neighbors home you can surmise some of the info LE has that we don't.

They aren't necessarily sticking by Barry. They might really care for Suzanne more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove