Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how the husband is suppose to act. The guy looked tired and totally depleated. He certainly didn't expect THIS to happen. The sheriff has his work cut out for him because IMO it was a stranger abduction and maybe even someone from out of state. I don't see how he will ever be found.

Not if they are one of the same.
Well, if she committed suicide I don't think LE would refer to it as a criminal investigation. I think they said they suspected foul play early on. They must have evidence that supports that, and likely points to someone else being responsible for her disappearance. Jmo

Do we know for sure how far her bicycle was found from her home? Maybe she had bicycle trouble (as has been apparently mentioned in MSM, jammed brakes) and someone came along to "help" her... maybe offered her a ride?

AFAIK it has not been disclosed by LE that her bike was even found, let alone where it was found.
It was the nephew TN who shared that with the media, and implored the public and the media to press the sheriff's office what condition the bike was in, when found.

This really is starting to feel like one of those, "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing", situations. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that perhaps her cancer had returned an she was very upset about it. But now I do not think that anymore.

The husband's FB video doesn't really give the impression that she intentionally left of her own free will, or attempted to self-harm.

It's pretty much about $200K No Questions Asked as if she has been taken against her will, but yet able to get to FB and respond.

Last edited:
They have a pretty big house, I wonder if they have a housekeeper? A housekeeper probably wouldn't be working on a Sunday, Mother's Day though.

Or during CoVid lockdown, as Suzanne is a cancer survivor.

The house does seem big from the aerial view but Zillow seems to say otherwise. At any rate, doubtful that the neighbor would have needed to call if they had a housekeeper.

I don't Jo. Maybe they are not, if the bike is in fact undamaged.
I don't know how far the found items are from the bike.....but from what I gather, a fair distance from the bike. Would Suzanne have walked rather than biked to her final place? I don't know. Also, it's been said the brakes were jammed.....but I don't know if that's true.
They had the searchers out immediately. 8 different scent and tracking dogs.
I don't think she left her bike went to a secluded spot and killed herself. Maybe the dogs led the searchers to the highway and that is where the scent trail ends?

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

Last edited:
You do not need a "very specific trust." There are several straightforward ways to acquire flexibility over the way assets are distributed in a marital estate (either upon death or divorce). Furthermore, community property jurisdictions, like Colorado, recognize the existence of “separate property.” Separate property is property that a spouse owned before the marriage or that the spouse received as a gift during the marriage. And separate property does not become part of the marital estate simply because it is acquired during the marriage (even after 50 years of marriage).

Indiana, however, applies the principle of equitable distribution; it is not a community property jurisdiction. And it is also important to keep in mind that death and divorce are not the same (though I hear divorce can be as bad or worse than death).

Thank you for that info and welcome to Websleuths, Chomsky!

I linked this in the prior thread, but as a point of interest, Colorado is actually an equitable distribution vs. a community property state:

Colorado Marital Property Laws - FindLaw

SABBM:

Colorado is an “equitable distribution” or “common law” state rather than a “community property” state. That means marital property isn’t automatically assumed to be owned by both parties and therefore should be divided equally upon divorce. Instead, when a couple divorces in Colorado, the marital property is divided in an “equitable” manner. Often, that means the higher earning spouse receives a bigger piece of the pie upon divorce.

The husband's FB video doesn't really give the impression that she intentionally left of her own free will, or attempted to self-harm.

It's pretty much about $200K No Questions Asked as if she has been taken against her will, but yet able to get to FB but not respond.

The clip is on Twitter, in MSM, and was produced (IMO) for FB, via youtube.

They're trying to use social media to find Suzanne. The intent, I would think, is that the abductor hear it (and perhaps, not see LE lurking all around the speaker).

I agree it's a long shot that Suzanne is somewhere, exploring social media, with her abductor. I think the intent was to reach the person who is holding her captive, if that person exists. Families often cling to any hope at all. It's very sad.

I think LE is going to have a very hard time trying to find this suspect. I think it's a complete stranger that took the opportunity to grab her.
I noticed that the spot they found the item is at an intersection. Do you think it was a hit and run but they panicked and put her and the bike in the back of a truck? How much traffic is on this road?

Unfortunately my thoughts are more that she committed suicide than something more nefarious. Of course, this is based on what little information that has been reported-would like to know what other item was found and the condition of the bike. Just can’t help but be reminded of Leanne Beardan, it took over a month for them to find her and the search dogs had searched the exact area she was found.

You do not need a "very specific trust." There are several straightforward ways to acquire flexibility over the way assets are distributed in a marital estate (either upon death or divorce). Furthermore, community property jurisdictions, like Colorado, recognize the existence of “separate property.” Separate property is property that a spouse owned before the marriage or that the spouse received as a gift during the marriage. And separate property does not become part of the marital estate simply because it is acquired during the marriage (even after 50 years of marriage).

Indiana, however, applies the principle of equitable distribution; it is not a community property jurisdiction. And it is also important to keep in mind that death and divorce are not the same (though I hear divorce can be as bad or worse than death).
@Chomsky -- thanks for your generous legal input and welcome to WS community. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay