Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Jeffery Puckett who said he worked for Barry Morphew on Mother’s Day. Hear what he has to say tomorrow as I am working to get more answers as to what may have happened to #SuzanneMorphew in Salida today. @FOX21News #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne
6952D60D-5691-4E1C-AB09-5246F08E1DED.jpeg

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1301248353968283648?s=21

all true - and he had plenty of time because she wasn't reported missing until that Sunday 911 call - 5:46pm IIRC. 29 hours or so..
JMO

I live in Colorado. I have seen a search party in one missing case search areas and not find a body only to have a hiker or biker find the remains a few years later in the vicinity of the search area that is an area of foot and bike traffic. I hike all the time and although I do not know their particular area, that most places with trails in Colorado are not devoid of hikers and bikers during the day. Colorado is an active outdoors state and I don't ever go on a hike and not see a single soul. Now, if someone wanted to get rid of someone in the wilderness that is very plausible even during the day if they were to stay far from trails and roads. So it is possible that a body can be hidden close by and not found for a long time. As hikers and bikers know, to protect our parks and open spaces, we stay on the trails mostly.

If Barry left at 5am as he said that was the last time that he saw her, he would have arrived in Broomfield no later than 9am if he made no other stops. Hotels usually have afternoon check ins around here - not morning check ins. If he couldn't check in until after 2pm or so, then what was he doing the whole time?

A landscaper is not going to bring tools to do a job and leave them on a jobsite overnight unless they are in a locked trailer. Did Barry have an enclosed locked trailer? If not, all tools would have been to fit in his truck and taken home with him when he left. If he had an enclosed trailer, his only " preparing" for the job would have been to purchase material. If this was the case, landscape material wholesale are not typically open on Sundays so it would be Home Depot or Lowes.

If Barry only called one additional worker for the repair before Sunday, why did he say to get the jobsite set up for workers (plural)?

Maybe he had to pick up material and drop off at the jobsite (block for wall and mortar, roadbase etc) and that took some time but there would be records of his pick ups at the different material yards around Broomfield. Most landscapers would call the company directly and have materials materials delivered rather than hauling multiple loads in a truck but then those materials would have remained at the RTD site.

If Barry did not visit the failed wall to see what repairs needed to be done prior to the fix ( depending on the wall and county the specific purpose of the wall, height and material might need to be an engineered wall and if it failed he would have to determine why it failed and how to fix it for possible inspection) he would not have ordered materials. Most landscapers visit the site and then would need a landscaping plan, material purchase, workers in place before work begins. Would be interesting to find out if any of this was done.

Its too late now, but it is possible to plan for incapacitation and ensure your wishes are followed. A person can have an inter vivos trust set up to handle financial assets, or create a living will for future medical decisions, or someone can set up a durable power of attorney that would authorize your chosen attorney to act on behalf in these matters. While anyone can do it, most people dont. I mean no one really believes their ever going to be a missing person or that they in someway be incapacitated. And just as a general reminder for everyone you should have a will and a living will just in cases. most states allow fill in the blank forms (cant say for sure which off the top of my head). its 2020 and literally anything can happen now, i mean Carole baskin is a reality tv celebrity. tomorrow it could be aliens. i encourage everyone to make sure their assets are legally protected
all good recommendations - I have a Revocable trust together with all of these documents and because of Covid just added an alternate to my DPOA. Our clients are doing alternates now too - on top of their spouse. rough times we are living in.
JMO

I live in Colorado. I have seen a search party in one missing case search areas and not find a body only to have a hiker or biker find the remains a few years later in the vicinity of the search area that is an area of foot and bike traffic. I hike all the time and although I do not know their particular area, that most places with trails in Colorado are not devoid of hikers and bikers during the day. Colorado is an active outdoors state and I don't ever go on a hike and not see a single soul. Now, if someone wanted to get rid of someone in the wilderness that is very plausible even during the day if they were to stay far from trails and roads. So it is possible that a body can be hidden close by and not found for a long time. As hikers and bikers know, to protect our parks and open spaces, we stay on the trails mostly.

If Barry left at 5am as he said that was the last time that he saw her, he would have arrived in Broomfield no later than 9am if he made no other stops. Hotels usually have afternoon check ins around here - not morning check ins. If he couldn't check in until after 2pm or so, then what was he doing the whole time?

A landscaper is not going to bring tools to do a job and leave them on a jobsite overnight unless they are in a locked trailer. Did Barry have an enclosed locked trailer? If not, all tools would have been to fit in his truck and taken home with him when he left. If he had an enclosed trailer, his only " preparing" for the job would have been to purchase material. If this was the case, landscape material wholesale are not typically open on Sundays so it would be Home Depot or Lowes.

If Barry only called one additional worker for the repair before Sunday, why did he say to get the jobsite set up for workers (plural)?

Maybe he had to pick up material and drop off at the jobsite (block for wall and mortar, roadbase etc) and that took some time but there would be records of his pick ups at the different material yards around Broomfield. Most landscapers would call the company directly and have materials materials delivered rather than hauling multiple loads in a truck but then those materials would have remained at the RTD site.

If Barry did not visit the failed wall to see what repairs needed to be done prior to the fix ( depending on the wall and county the specific purpose of the wall, height and material might need to be an engineered wall and if it failed he would have to determine why it failed and how to fix it for possible inspection) he would not have ordered materials. Most landscapers visit the site and then would need a landscaping plan, material purchase, workers in place before work begins. Would be interesting to find out if any of this was done.
Welcome to WS!!

all true - and he had plenty of time because she wasn't reported missing until that Sunday 911 call - 5:46pm IIRC. 29 hours or so..
JMO

Welcome to WS!!

Thank you! Lurker for a long time but first post.

Its too late now for SM, but as a public service announcement it is possible to plan for incapacitation and ensure your wishes are followed. A person can have an inter vivos trust set up to handle financial assets, or create a living will for future medical decisions, or someone can set up a durable power of attorney that would authorize your chosen attorney to act on behalf in these matters. While anyone can do it, most people dont. I mean no one really believes their ever going to be a missing person or that they in someway be incapacitated. And just as a general reminder for everyone you should have a will and a living will just in cases. most states allow fill in the blank forms (cant say for sure which off the top of my head). its 2020 and literally anything can happen now, i mean Carole baskin is a reality tv celebrity. tomorrow it could be aliens. i encourage everyone to make sure their assets are legally protected
Good advice @ivegotthemic. Also, don't forget your 18-year-olds heading off to University. It's darn right critical for you to have POA for your students far away if even to pay their cell phone or banking in the electronic age. Password protected world is a game-changer.

ETA: Be sure to check with your own state as to whether your POA must be notarized or just witnessed or both.

For example, Colorado requires neither!

Colorado law does not require a power of attorney to be witnessed or notarized. Despite the law, it is considered best practice to have the document signed, notarized, and witnessed by two people.

https://www.robinsonandhenry.com/colorado/estate-planning/financial-power-of-attorney/

Last edited:

Thank you! Lurker for a long time but first post.
Welcome! Always nice to get a locals perspective on things. Normally were not this lively, you picked a good day to jump in

I spoke with Jeffery Puckett who said he worked for Barry Morphew on Mother’s Day. Hear what he has to say tomorrow as I am working to get more answers as to what may have happened to #SuzanneMorphew in Salida today. @FOX21News #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne
View attachment 262383

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1301248353968283648?s=21
Ohhh, I love a good cliffhanger!

Here's our chance guys, if you want anything clarified get your questions over to Lauren pronto!!!

all good recommendations - I have a Revocable trust together with all of these documents and because of Covid just added an alternate to my DPOA. Our clients are doing alternates now too - on top of their spouse. rough times we are living in.
JMO
Thanks for getting out this important PSA for all members @oviedo. #appreciateyou.

Just came back to Suzanne's thread because nothing was really happening. Well, waking up to the story on DM brought me back. I hope the surveillance cameras show something with him. I wonder if there are cameras in the hallways too.

Anyway, I hate that this is turning into a Jennifer Dulos case also. So sad!

Why not try and imagine it? If there was blood or other body fluid/tissue on his person or clothes, he certainly would not want to wash it off back at home, for obvious reasons (I hope LE has gone to this hotel and at least tested the drain traps).

If the crime was relatively non-bloody, the perp might still worry about spittle or small amounts of exhaled blood (in, say, a strangulation or if death came post-beating).

Where should he clean up? I think a Holiday Inn Express is as good a place as any, especially if he had already changed clothes and was mostly worried about his hair and skin. I also think that if he had to replace certain tools back in his garage (or at a work site), and they had any sort of DNA evidence on them, he'd have cleaned them off in the hotel room as well.

In order to keep hotel staff from cleaning the room and discovering all this, he invites his unsuspecting "co-worker" to come to the room (thereby also introducing someone else's DNA into the picture - perhaps with the hope of trying to shift blame to that person).

In these days of CoVid, daily cleaning of hotel rooms is not a thing. Customers usually have to request a cleaning and most do not, for obvious reasons.

Wow. Yes - I think BM had to leave to go back home earlier than he thought. I think the girls may not have been expected for Mother's Day, but changed their plans. Perhaps they were already worried on Saturday afternoon and evening. I know my daughters would have been.

But your point about the Stunt Double - wow. JP has the same build and haircut, same coloring and head shape as BM. They look a lot alike. A hotel worker wouldn't even notice the difference. And that might have been in BM's mind (that when called to the stand, a hotel worker might not be able to remember who was who - and frankly, I bet that's the case).

However, if true that BM rented that room on Saturday and was there by late Saturday/early Sunday morning...that's a huge change in the timeline. Is that the sense you're getting?

I need to read the article again, but it's unclear to me when BM called JP, but it sure does sound like it was earlier on Sunday than, say, 6 pm.
I actually did try to imagine it. And I can’t imagine committing a crime that needs cleanup in Location A, then moving on to Location B, complete with cameras and possible witnesses to dishevelment, agitation, etc, for cleanup. This makes me think the crime may actually have happened, unpremeditated, at Location B.

All his sloppiness, all along, has really made me doubtful that he planned anything.

Until this motel revelation I was leaning toward unpremeditated in their home, but was puzzled that LE apparently found no evidence of a crime.

It would be great if all the info published in SM's disappearance is accurate. I worked most of my life in newspaper publishing: The motto in the business was: "If your mother says she loves you, check it out!" At that time, nothing was published without first verifying and confirming the info. Things have changed.

yep the cut and paste reporting of bad information has made this a tough one to follow ( coupled with LE radio silence )

verifying information has been called 'archaic' by some

Specualtion :
Imo I'd be double-ly --- no make that triple -ly (are those even words ? Lol :D ) ticked off , if a boss not only called me to a non-existent job-- but may have also planned to have me as his stand-in for the hotel footage !
And yes I'd rush any mail or evidence to LE.
Because I wouldn't have been in cahoots with BM, nor would I take the fall for him in any manner whatsoever.
There has to be more people coming out of the woodwork now !
The above poster is correct, the dam's breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader