Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wow, at abiut the 1:09 mark AM says this regarding the elk head:
"There was a male cougar seen there, a large one.. however he was sniffing around... My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road and he had the horn set sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull was and the police officers even saw this cat there. But, that's what he was interested in."

They go on to discuss how that sighting was on May 12 or 13th & make the point, that if the mountain lion had killed SM on May 10th, he would still be feeding on her remains & therefore would not be interested in the elk head. The whole elk carcas/head thing seems bizarre. I agree with the others that he had a lot of space on his property to leave the elk remains. Why right by the house? Was he covering a scent or blood trail? Trying to lure the mountain lion near the home to support that story? When did he retrieve this dead elk and from where? Weird. IMO
-----------------------------

I wasn't home to watch PE last night, so I'm very glad for this post.

This information is of great import.

1. My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road:

Well it's not likely he carried it with his bare hands. That means the back of a truck was used. That means rotting dead flesh scent could have been in the back of the truck.

2. he had the horn set sitting next to the house:

Not the dead carcass--just the antlers. That begs the question "where's the carcass"? And, how easy is it to remove antlers from and animal? Doesn't sound like he removed them while the dead elk was on the road. Is it a bloody mess to remove them? Is it a long process?

3. sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull

With meat still on it. Yes, was this all done on purpose to mask blood or blood/human scent??

Or was the point of AM and PE guys---that if Suzzane's body was being eaten on by a cougar--why would he it waste its time with a set of antlers with some meat still on it?? Meaning---she wasn't killed by a cougar. She was killed by a human.

Great breakdown and analysis of this very important content. Shades of Letecia Stauch and "Gannon cut his foot in the garage" pre-explanations of potential blood. I still have doubts that BM would have killed SM in a way that was bloody, but pre-explaining cadaver dogs hitting on scent on his vehicle or places near the house? Yes. Quite possibly.

Last edited:
I looked at the drone footage of their house. Look at about 3:01, closer to the top of the picture. Might that be the elk rack?

Yes, looks like antlers @ 3:01. I took a screenshot of it. I’m on my Ipad so it’s not great but I’ll add it below. I’ll also include a “stock photo” for comparison.

Attachments

• 3AB79766-77E9-450A-B62F-43E510B748D0.jpeg
    3AB79766-77E9-450A-B62F-43E510B748D0.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 062E7DFB-B610-4707-83F7-4B7FB1DBC264.jpeg
    062E7DFB-B610-4707-83F7-4B7FB1DBC264.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
sorry everyone I didnt realize they werent live streaming, didnt mean to get anyone excited. im super disappointed
It’s ok you didn’t know and were just trying to share the link so we could see it even if you had class so we appreciated you doing that. It was worth a shot! Now I’m dying to know what happened at that hearing!

Yes, looks like antlers @ 3:01. I took a screenshot of it. I’m on my ad so it’s not great but I’ll add it below. I’ll also include a “stock photo” for comparison.

so if it's roadkill, surely BM can take them to the spot where he found it, and if he left it there, then it's bones or partial remains will possibly still be there. however if he buried it, say using lime, he should remember that spot, too, right? easy peasy.

It’s ok you didn’t know and were just trying to share the link so we could see it even if you had class so we appreciated you doing that. It was worth a shot! Now I’m dying to know what happened at that hearing!
check out @oviedo's post above, @Lilypad13. post #161.

or here it is, i'll copy/paste for ya:

Anything that is in SM's name he now controls if those Letters are not specific to a list of assets - the inventory would tell the story IMO. At least property records and mortgages are public information. But bank accounts, trusts, investment accounts, etc are not.
so if you go missing, you can be declared incapacitated and your spouse can have power over everything you own.... until they are revoked. And only the Court can revoke the Letters.
JMO

*heartbreaking, really. and infuriating.

Anything that is in SM's name he now controls if those Letters are not specific to a list of assets - the inventory would tell the story IMO. At least property records and mortgages are public information. But bank accounts, trusts, investment accounts, etc are not.
so if you go missing, you can be declared incapacitated and your spouse can have power over everything you own.... until they are revoked. And only the Court can revoke the Letters.
JMO

we really need Lauren to get a copy of the pleadings in the IN guardianship.
JMO

09/01/2020
Order Granting Petition to Establish Guardianship
Judge CASATI,MICHAEL
Order Signed:
09/01/2020
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

ETA:
09/01/2020
Notice Issued to Parties
Oath of permanent guardian required before issuing letters of permanent guardianship. ss
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane

What does this mean? What is an “oath of permanent guardian” - is it just some kind of formality where BM gives some oath and it is then granted?? Could an attorney please explain this outcome? It doesn’t sound like any objections were raised. :(

What does this mean? What is an “oath of permanent guardian” - is it just some kind of formality where BM gives some oath and it is then granted?? Could an attorney please explain this outcome? It doesn’t sound like any objections were raised. :(
I'm not an attorney but we do guardianships here in my state. We have to file an Oath of the Guardian basically consisting of things like I've never been convicted of a crime, I've not filed bankruptcy- I promise to uphold the guardianship laws, etc. our guardians also have to complete 8 hours of training - be fingerprinted and file everything with the Court. Once that is on file, the hearing on issuing permanent letters is held. In IN, the Oath and Letters were issued at the hearing - so the Judge read the Oath, entered in into record and signed the Letters of Permanent Guardianship. It's done. There are no objections on record. A petition to revoke the Letters may be filed but that's the only way to my knowledge it can be "undone" - at least in my state.
JMO

After listening to "LimeTown", I've wondered about what kind of lime a contractor might have on hand. Or that might be in an area with a lot of cement construction. Or if lime pits exist. This is going to sound plenty gross, they (in some places) pour lime into remote campground privies that can't be easily pumped. So, privies should be checked.

MOO IMO - I have wondered with the access to landscaping chemicals BM has and studied, if he didn’t go to the lengths of carrying out some sort of alkaline hydrolysis to dispose of the body. It is Lye based and under the right conditions dissolves a body in hours.

MOO IMO - I have wondered with the access to landscaping chemicals BM has and studied, if he didn’t go to the lengths of carrying out some sort of alkaline hydrolysis to dispose of the body. It is Lye based and under the right conditions dissolves a body in hours.
well that's interesting and horrifying... seems like there would be a trace if it was done around the property? I recall discussions in Jennifers case since Fotis had a background of tanning - chemicals are used there to and her body has never been found.
JMO

I’m over the elk. I think Andy may have added a supposition or two about the attached flesh. I trust his memory about the cat in the area, but I am unsure about the rest of the story. We have seen the rack outside the house. Bottom line is a cat of any sort did not grab Suzanne.

JMO

Ok thanks @swedeheart. That’s what I get for not finishing reading backwards before I post. I still didn’t quite understand until you explained it further. Yes it is heartbreaking and infuriating that the person who probably caused Suzanne to become incapacitated in the first place now has complete control of her assets. BM is probably very happy with the decision this morning and thinking he is getting away with this. Hoping the Court will revoke those letters if BM is arrested! But what damage will he do in the meantime? MOO

I’m over the elk. I think Andy may have added a supposition or two about the attached flesh. I trust his memory about the cat in the area, but I am unsure about the rest of the story. We have seen the rack outside the house. Bottom line is a cat of any sort did not grab Suzanne.
Seems like the "elk antler" story went from LE (from Barry) to Andy to the PE show. With Andy relating to his best effort what LE had told him what BM had told them. Major telephone game could have occurred. Of course Barry could clear it all up. If he felt like it. But LE wouldn't have lied about seeing the cat, IMO, and "something" attracted it to the family home or driveway despite all the noise, cars, people, probably camera flashes, etc.
And, on the PE live cast, they showed the typical territorial range of a male cougar, and the estimate was about 2 animals from BM house to Denver.

But I agree with you, without actual facts about what was seen, from the people who saw it, and confirmation of what the prey was, we're just spinning wheels like the long threads about what happened to Gannon. Before we actually learned a horrible but factual part of it.

I'm not an attorney but we do guardianships here in my state. We have to file an Oath of the Guardian basically consisting of things like I've never been convicted of a crime, I've not filed bankruptcy- I promise to uphold the guardianship laws, etc. our guardians also have to complete 8 hours of training - be fingerprinted and file everything with the Court. Once that is on file, the hearing on issuing permanent letters is held. In IN, the Oath and Letters were issued at the hearing - so the Judge read the Oath, entered in into record and signed the Letters of Permanent Guardianship. It's done. There are no objections on record. A petition to revoke the Letters may be filed but that's the only way to my knowledge it can be "undone" - at least in my state.
JMO
Thanks @oviedo. Just like that...it’s a done deal. :mad: I wonder when the Co house will go on the market? I need chocolate...

Last edited:
Thanks @oviedo. Just like that...it’s a done deal. :mad:
yes, and some banks let you use a PDF of the Letters of Guardianship and don't even require a certified copy from the Court. So the transfers may have already started IMO - as well as signing any contracts, deeds, etc. Also, of note, there is no Order requiring a court repository of her funds. No locked account, etc. so no oversight of her assets which are now effectively her guardians'...
sigh...
JMO

Great breakdown and analysis of this very important content. Shades of Letecia Stauch and "Gannon cut his foot in the garage" pre-explanations of potential blood. I still have doubts that BM would have killed SM in a way that was bloody, but pre-explaining cadaver dogs hitting on scent on his vehicle or places near the house? Yes. Quite possibly.

Unless BM has some kind of winch on the back of his flatbed truck, even someone with those guns couldn't lift a 500-700 pound animal onto a truck bed.

AM's turn of phrase may mean that BM found a dead elk and transported the head with antlers attached perhaps with a load of dirt to cover them if he found it before April 30th.

I don't like to think of BM as a master criminal because I don't think he's that smart but a cunning mind could definitely introduce blood and matter from an animal carcass in the hope it might cover up cadaverine from the prior transport of a dead human body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02