Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be done?
It sounded to me like AM was referencing the "suggested friends" on FB that the poster from Indiana mentioned before.

<modsnip>

1. John Schmitz says Barry displayed a wide range of emotions, from anger to crying, the day he saw him on the job site they were working on in Indiana. He showed up 3 days early for the job, and he was throwing a hissy fit.

2. They have 300 volunteers so far.

3. Andy doesn't care about money, but appreciates the Go Fund Me. Texas Eqquasearch has been
    asked to come help.

4. Andy wanted to see where the bike was found immediately, the day he landed in Colorado.

5. The house was locked down for 7 days, and they would not let anyone near it.

6. In the next few days, Lauren Scharf will do a new interview with one of Barry's employees.
    (Unknown who it will be.)

7. After they moved to Colorado, the land-line was disconnected all of a sudden. Cell coverage was
    spotty, as was Wifi. When Andy could get through and leave a message, he wouldn't hear back
    for days. Barry is "throwing rocks" at the Moorman's for not communicating, but that is not the
    truth. Barry never called back and it's "bull malarkey" that the Moorman's were not in touch.

8. Dogs were used in the valley and around the house. They did not pick up Suzanne's scent, or
    anyone's scent, for that matter.

9. Andy has second hand information that a divorce was about to happen.

10. Suzanne was supposed to go to her best friend's son's wedding, but did not get to attend bc of
    Covid.

11. Communication ceased around 2:30 pm, after they had been chatting about wedding stuff
    (tuxes, flowers, etc). Later that night, "Suzanne" friended a bunch of people on Facebook. She
    friended a bunch of people back in Indiana. Andy believes someone else was manipulating her
    Facebook that evening (around midnight).

12. Barry told Andy he got back to Maysfield around 6:30 or 7. Then later, he said he got back at
    9pm. These inconsistencies trouble him.

13. Barry told Andy he had a fireman's meeting, but Andy could never confirm that.

14. Barry drives an F250. M drives Suzanne's older Land Rover. Suzanne had a new Land
    Rover. The 2 cars Land Rover's were there, so it was weird Barry didn't ask the neighbor if
    Suzanne's car was there. He only asked about the bike.

15. His story changed about going to build a wall in Denver. Barry did not take his tools with him.

16. Suzanne's phone last pinged at the house (pertaining to LE.) It is missing. She always rode
    with when she did ride her bike.

17. No evidence of a struggle.

18. Barry told Andy he'd given 25 hours of testimony. He refused the lie detector on day 4.

19. He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.

20. Barry and Macy are living in a condo in Pueblo.

21. Suzanne had recently received an inheritance. (500,000 USD). She invested that into the
    Colorado home.

22. Barry is driven by work and money (per Andy).

23. Barry used to brow-beat Suzanne. He was anti-drug. He didn't allow Suzanne to try marijuana
    when she was sick with cancer, and berated her for taking anti-depressants when she had a
    mental episode a few years back. She suffered from deaths in her family and illness, and Barry
    brow- beated her over needing or wanting medication for that.

24. Barry has a defense lawyer, and so do the girls.

25. Andy thinks one of the girls witnessed marital strife, and he is very worried for her well-being.

I’ve been sitting on my hands for hours. Andy is done with playing nice. I hope that others are encouraged to come forward now and get on the right side of this. I wonder if there was any history of DV in Colorado, that made LE take notice of the situation right away. The bike ride absolutely did not happen. And if Barry actually did tell Andy about a firefighter meeting that didn’t exist, I think we’re done here.

I have to wonder if another person could be involved and will maybe 'talk' ?
Either that, or LE finds Suzanne.
I want justice yesterday ; but have to be patient.
MOO

I haven't seen anything in this case that leads me to think more than one person was responsible for SM's disappearance.

jmo

I think it’s quite possible someone loaned something or helped move something, but did not know, at the time, that it had to do with SUZANNE’s disappearance. Surely, by now though, any possible someones have talked to LE.

Remember NK from the Watts’ case? I think it’s also quite possible there’s someone in Barry’s sphere who, in the future, may need to move away and change names.

It sounded to me like AM was referencing the "suggested friends" on FB that the poster from Indiana mentioned before.

Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him - or - to make people think he was active online around midnight - sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag. I'd go, "like" bands or movies or something, something that I know he'd actually do.

This action makes zero sense at all.

Could he have been lying down with his head over the edge to get a better look at what was down there? That's what I would do, rather than stand there peering over the edge.

I remember being in a park where some falls were and some young kids were stand on the very edge looking down and people were yelling at them to get back because from below you could see that the earth had been carved right out from under them and they were only standing on a thin ledge.

I agree with your example. However, you would be lying on your stomach to creep and look over, not on your back right?

<modsnip>

1. John Schmitz says Barry displayed a wide range of emotions, from anger to crying, the day he saw him on the job site they were working on in Indiana. He showed up 3 days early for the job, and he was throwing a hissy fit.

3. Andy doesn't care about money, but appreciates the Go Fund Me. Texas Eqquasearch has been
    asked to come help.

4. Andy wanted to see where the bike was found immediately, the day he landed in Colorado.

6. In the next few days, Lauren Scharf will do a new interview with one of Barry's employees.

7. After they moved to Colorado, the land-line was disconnected all of a sudden. Cell coverage was
    spotty, as was Wifi. When Andy could get through and leave a message, he wouldn't hear back
    for days. Barry is "throwing rocks" at the Moorman's for not communicating, but that is not the
    truth. Barry never called back and it's "bull malarkey" that the Moorman's were not in touch.

8. Dogs were used in the valley and around the house. They did not pick up Suzanne's scent, or

10. Suzanne was supposed to go to her best friend's son's wedding, but did not get to attend bc of
    Covid.

11. Communication ceased around 2:30 pm, after they had been chatting about wedding stuff
    (tuxes, flowers, etc). Later that night, "Suzanne" friended a bunch of people on Facebook. She
    friended a bunch of people back in Indiana. Andy believes someone else was manipulating her

12. Barry told Andy he got back to Maysfield around 6:30 or 7. Then later, he said he got back at

13. Barry told Andy he had a fireman's meeting, but Andy could never confirm that.

14. Barry drives an F250. M drives Suzanne's older Land Rover. Suzanne had a new Land
    Rover. The 2 cars Land Rover's were there, so it was weird Barry didn't ask the neighbor if

15. His story changed about going to build a wall in Denver. Barry did not take his tools with him.

16. Suzanne's phone last pinged at the house (pertaining to LE.) It is missing. She always rode

18. Barry told Andy he'd given 25 hours of testimony. He refused the lie detector on day 4.

19. He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.

21. Suzanne had recently received an inheritance. (500,000 USD). She invested that into the
    Colorado home.

23. Barry used to brow-beat Suzanne. He was anti-drug. He didn't allow Suzanne to try marijuana
    when she was sick with cancer, and berated her for taking anti-depressants when she had a
    mental episode a few years back. She suffered from deaths in her family and illness, and Barry

25. Andy thinks one of the girls witnessed marital strife, and he is very worried for her well-being.
WOW and WOW.

I'm curious, if SM received an inheritance and invested it in the house, per Colorado divorce law, would she recoup that money "free and clear" of a 50/50 divorce? I think we may be getting closer to some facts that support a motive (we obviously don't know what the overall finances looked like, but if a divorce might force a bankruptcy, that would be significant enough to potentially make a leap to motive for murder). MOO, JMO.

Obviously, the FB info fits with what was discussed earlier. The timing of her phone's last ping seems like a huge piece of information.

Not sure what to do with the medication "brow beating" information and/or if that's relevant.

BMs defense lawyer probably just put a down payment on a new boat - because he/she has a lot of work ahead of them!

No they dont

Ours don't. I think in general that they don't, because it would train animals to avoid that area, but I'm no trail camera expert.

Trail cams have night vision so there is no need for a flash

Thank you. There's potentially more evidence then. My thought on the flash was that BM could have taken the camera (if it flashed), and the camera being missing would be a clue. MOO.

<modsnip>

asked to come help.

Covid.

Colorado home.

How can someone be so lacking in empathy they can't even entertain valid treatments because it runs counter to their beliefs. That poor woman. If anyone needed an intervention it was SM.

Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him, sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag.

Just Andy's naivete as to how FB works...

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Obviously, the someone wants it to appear that Suzanne is still alive and using FB at midnight.

This person also doesn't know much about how to imitate Suzanne. Just going in and liking things on someone's FB would be less suspicious than suddenly friending people (unless of course, the culprit was really stupid and was hoping to make it suddenly look as if Suzanne was on the prowl for some high school heart throb, someone from her brother's friend group).

Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him - or - to make people think he was active online around midnight - sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag. I'd go, "like" bands or movies or something, something that I know he'd actually do.

I agree - it's strange. If someone just wanted to muddy a timeline, why not just like and comment on current friends' posts?

I have not seen all of the interviews Andy has given to more media than PE (I have seen those) has he ever been asked what he thinks bout the letter written to the church?
I haven't heard him mention that.
My speculation is that this email came from BM's mother, and she told the church exactly what BM told her.

jmo

Sounds like someone was overthinking the situation, and got too clever.

I’ve been sitting on my hands for hours. Andy is done with playing nice. I hope that others are encouraged to come forward now and get on the right side of this. I wonder if there was any history of DV in Colorado, that made LE take notice of the situation right away. The bike ride absolutely did not happen. And if Barry actually did tell Andy about a firefighter meeting that didn’t exist, I think we’re done here.

Lauren Scharf is working on another interview with a different Coworker of BM’s this coming week. Should be interesting to see which one it is!

I have to wonder if the M girls are all hearing about these things the same time the general public is. I mean, I hope they're not online following this because it's just heartbreaking but, given their ages and that fact that young people are entirely connected online, 24/7, I suspect they probably are. And that makes my heart hurt for them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02