Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy: "LE said there was no sign of a struggle"

Thoughts @MassGuy? doesn't look like they have the goods to pursue a murder charge without a body.

We have absolutely no way of knowing what they have, and Suzanne’s brother likely got this information fairly early on.

No struggle doesn’t mean “no blood,” and even then, blood isn’t necessary to prove murder.

There may be damning cell phone evidence, surveillance video, witness statements, and God knows what else. This isn’t decades ago, when no-body cases were much more difficult and rare.

I expected a slog from the get-go, and figured we’d be lucky to see an arrest in 6 months; we aren’t there yet.

Lauren is supposedly going to have major information this week (according to Profiling Evil), so we might have a better picture by then.

We have absolutely no way of knowing what they have, and Suzanne’s brother likely got this information fairly early on.

No struggle doesn’t mean “no blood,” and even then, blood isn’t necessary to prove murder.

There may be damning cell phone evidence, surveillance video, witness statements, and God knows what else. This isn’t decades ago, when no-body cases were much more difficult and rare.

I expected a slog from the get-go, and figured we’d be lucky to see an arrest in 6 months, we aren’t there yet.

Lauren is supposedly going to have major information this week (according to Profiling Evil), so we might have a better picture by then.
4 months tomorrow - I believe it happened May 9

Well if all that, or most of that is true, wow, ugly.

It has always bothered me that the Fire Captian felt free to analyse Suzanne's "problem."

He stated to the press, that Suzanne's being friendly was her "downfall."

Why would he feel he was entitled do that?

MOO BM was probably talking about SMs "problems" at the firehouse.
Yes, I agree. Thinking back to that statement, it was an inappropriate thing to say.

So Andy said LE found no evidence of a struggle at the house, that means there is probably not enough evidence to charge Barry without finding Suzanne's body. Sadly this case may go cold. Andy talks about it at 59:00

If I was Barry's attorney & Barry was on trial, I'd argue that investigators
didn't find evidence of a struggle at the house because Barry didn't do anything to Suzanne. At the end of the day, the police have to find a causal link between Barry & Suzanne's disappearance if they are going to charge & convict him.

I’m about 10 pages behind, but I wanted to jump in and say...

We have a pool, and it needed some shock(chlorine packets), so I bought the shock, but I also picked up a bottle of liquid chlorine because I wanted to see if it was comparable to bleach.

So, I came home placed the shock in the pool, and opened the bottle of liquid chlorine, which was in a bottle JUST like bleach. It straight up smelled identical to bleach to me. I poured half the bottle in the pool, then brought the rest up and poured in the bathtub and let it sit. I wanted to see if it would permeate the bathroom with the smell, which it did. I drained the tub.

This was a couple of hours ago. I just went to go check, and the smell is still lingering. I’m trying to decide if it was chlorine he smelled or bleach. I will say I bought the liquid chlorine at Walmart :)

I’m wondering if someone may have actually bathed in a chlorine/bleach bath to try and remove any DNA? I know hubby takes a bleach bath for red bugs lol, so it’s possible.

Now, off to catch up!

Not that it changes the big picture, but I’d still like to know what the deal is with the Morphews and Moormans. Something happened between the families back in Indiana and we’re not being told the whole story.
IMO
I feel the same.During the interview the elder M kept looking over at the younger M while LS was talking, IDK just looked funny to me.

“Honor killing, most often, the murder of a woman or girl by male family members. The killers justify their actions by claiming that the victim has brought dishonor upon the family name or prestige.”

It’s not the motive but maybe he’s convinced himself that it’s the justification.

JMO

Is honor killing even a thing in the United States? Why do you feel this? Just curious.

If I was Barry's attorney & Barry was on trial, I'd argue that investigators
didn't find evidence of a struggle at the house because Barry didn't do anything to Suzanne. At the end of the day, the police have to find a causal link between Barry & Suzanne's disappearance if they are going to charge & convict him.
upload_2020-9-8_22-7-26.jpeg
I am confident investigators found evidence of a crime in the Morphew residence. These pictures speak a thousand words. CBI is not going to be showing AM all their cards.

I hope they don't have as much snow later this month than Colorado is expecting over the next 2 days. A winter storm in early September!
Don't you worry about the snow. It will get warmer next week and we Coloradans can handle the snow and below freezing temps. Nothing will stop people from searching. The snow we sometimes get in the fall is nothing compared to what we get in the Winter. Especially Jan-April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle