Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO BM orchestrated and carried this out alone. My guess is that he had contemplated life without SM for some time. Something triggered the need to no longer have SM alive. The trip, the security cameras etc. I think were planned in advance. I also am inclined to believe some other(s) were involved and maybe they were unaware of their role. Making this possible for him without true knowledge of what they were doing to assist.

Example: BM has some very important things to be handled on the DL and some stepped up. Maybe out of fear they have remained quiet or not as "noisy" as we'd imagine based on the severity of the crime. Maybe they have been given some kind of indemnification monetarily with a BM guarantee of never being in any trouble.

BM reminds me of someone I knew about 15 years ago. Everyone loved this person and he could sell anything to anyone. I have a sour taste for the silver tongue now.

I think BM destroyed her phone and checks her VM. I think he will go down fighting and never be totally honest. I also think that he has turned the girls against the Moorman family. Expressing his concern for their desire to break the family up, or something like this.

This is all pure speculation. Partially based on what we have learned and partially based on what we have heard. The rest is from an unfavorable time and experiential learning. Luckily, I have a different outcome. Control can be subtle yet powerful. No physicality is required for DV of this sort.

MOO

I’m about 10 pages behind, but I wanted to jump in and say...

We have a pool, and it needed some shock(chlorine packets), so I bought the shock, but I also picked up a bottle of liquid chlorine because I wanted to see if it was comparable to bleach.

So, I came home placed the shock in the pool, and opened the bottle of liquid chlorine, which was in a bottle JUST like bleach. It straight up smelled identical to bleach to me. I poured half the bottle in the pool, then brought the rest up and poured in the bathtub and let it sit. I wanted to see if it would permeate the bathroom with the smell, which it did. I drained the tub.

This was a couple of hours ago. I just went to go check, and the smell is still lingering. I’m trying to decide if it was chlorine he smelled or bleach. I will say I bought the liquid chlorine at Walmart :)

I’m wondering if someone may have actually bathed in a chlorine/bleach bath to try and remove any DNA? I know hubby takes a bleach bath for red bugs lol, so it’s possible.

Now, off to catch up!

Was he trying to dissolve parts using HCl? That could smell like chlorine.

;v

He said he noticed the odor as well. No explanation, just that he too noticed it. So, his opportunity for owning the explanation- Out the window!
Don’t you know LE just loves it every time BM speaks out? I bet they are checking every statement of his “30” hour interview against all his defensive statements he’s spewing now!

I know I’m loving all the inconsistencies! MOO

Ya know I've been thinking about this. The chlorine smell.

Didn't the Holiday Inn state there was no pool and no hotub cause of Covid? And state they don't use bleach to clean.

Since March I've been in 3 or 4 hotels. All the pools were drained. All hotubs were drained.

For myself I haven't been able to buy bleach until last month. Others may have found an odd Home Depot or some dollar store have it, but no one could get their hands on it, especially in May.

With the chlorine or bleach smell in that room, the perpetrator had to bring it himself from home.
moo
BBM
Yup! Couldn't find it anywhere around here back then.

The sharing of a hotel room stands out as odd to me, especially with Covid. Perhaps BM was watching his costs due to the job being a correction. JMO
meh it depends, this used to be company practice when i was in marketing but other companies are willing to pay for individual rooms. i think its only weird if its not how rooms are usually booked

Hmmm. Well, there’s lots of research that says BM is therefore possibly a user, himself as a reaction formation.

At any rate, I wouldn’t infer anything either way - just yet - about BM and drugs, but the fact that he was so anti-drug as to deny his wife treatment that she thought might benefit her...is a red flag. It’s two red flags. It’s making a decision for someone else (wife) and it’s an balanced decision (anti-drug).

He sounds controlling but also short-sighted.

At any rate, rehab is filled with people who seemed to their families to be very “anti-drug.” BM may or may not be that type of person. He certainly is now in a situation where his whole life is under scrutiny.

There are things he could do to mitigate this - perhaps he needs a different attorney.
You got me thinking (I heard that! ;)).

I know Barry's mother is alive and, I presume well. I've never heard anything about or from his father or siblings.
I'm not researching him here as I don't think that's allowed?

However, I do wonder about their family dynamic, especially, for Barry growing up.
Anyway, it's possible that BM felt his wife had to be pristine - angelic even.

His stance on denying SM anti-depressants and/or marijuana for her debilitating side effects of chemo and depression?
Double standards? That would be the most optimistic case scenario, as selfish as it is, as far as BM is concerned.

The other alternative would be that he'd hoped the worst outcome might happen.

You got me thinking (I heard that! ;)).

I know Barry's mother is alive and, I presume well. I've never heard anything about or from his father or siblings.
I'm not researching him here as I don't think that's allowed?

However, I do wonder about their family dynamic, especially, for Barry growing up.
Anyway, it's possible that BM felt his wife had to be pristine - angelic even.

His stance on denying SM anti-depressants and/or marijuana for her debilitating side effects of chemo and depression?
Double standards? That would be the most optimistic case scenario, as selfish as it is, as far as BM is concerned.

The other alternative would be that he'd hoped the worst outcome might happen.
as cringey as it is, drugging someone is a good way to disable them. ugh bm is the worst

;v
He said he noticed the odor as well. No explanation, just that he too noticed it. So, his opportunity for owning the explanation- Out the window!
BBM Very convenient that he also said the room smelled like chlorine. He saw the DM article and JPs statements before he talked to LS. Of course he was going to say that he also smelled chlorine.:rolleyes: MOO

I don't know, I'm not convinced of this. It's possible, but I believe when AM was asked if there were issues in the marriage, he wasn't aware of any until possibly recently (based on second-hand reports from her friend). I just think if there was a true falling out AM would have said (he's not exactly holding back right now). He mentioned there was a loss of contact with SM, but I am not sure that was tied to any event. JMO, MOO.
I sort of disagree. Andy is certainly speaking out as he learns more about Suzannes life, but thats the subject at hand. He doesn't strike me as the type to air private family matters in public. I think he has struck a great balance in revealing what he feels is appropriate without outright bashing BM. Which to his credit has to be pretty difficult in these circumstances. The entire family has exhibited grace under pressure, JMO.

Last edited:
I sort of disagree. Andy is certainly speaking out as he learns more about Suzannes life, but thats the subject at hand. He doesn't strike me as the type to air private family matters in public. I think he has struck a great balance in revealing what he feels is appropriate without outright bashing BM. Which to his credit has to be pretty difficult in this circumstances. The entire family has exhibited grace under pressure, JMO.
I have to second this. AM is in a very awkward position, his biggest priority is finding SM (as it should be) but disparaging BM in anyway could permanently damage his or other family members relationship with the girls, which he also values. I believe its a delicate balance that hes handled much more gracefully then i know i would have been able too.

I sort of disagree. Andy is certainly speaking out as he learns more about Suzannes life. But he doesn't strike me as the type to air private family matters in public. I think he has struck a great balance in revealing what he feels is appropriate without outright bashing BM. Which to his credit has to be pretty difficult in this circumstances. The entire family has exhibited grace under pressure, JMO.
I agree that AM has been professional and classy in his handling of this. He is angry, for sure, but restrained and deserves all kinds of kudos. If I inferred otherwise, my apologies. My point, that I probably articulated poorly, was only that I'm not so certain the two families were strained/estranged prior to SM going missing. As you pointed out, Andy hasn't mentioned it (and maybe wouldn't), but I think its a leap.... possible for sure, but speculative, IMO.

Eta: The lack of communication that AM does reference may have been a result of the move and isolation, not necessarily tied to a "falling out". MOO.

I agree that AM has been professional and classy in his handling of this. He is angry, for sure, but restrained and deserves all kinds of kudos. If I inferred otherwise, my apologies. My point, that I probably articulated poorly, was only that I'm not so certain the two families were strained/estranged prior to SM going missing. As you pointed out, Andy hasn't mentioned it (and maybe wouldn't), but I think its a leap.... possible for sure, but speculative, IMO.
I'm not so sure I disagree with you about an estrangement that happened once they moved to CO.
However, I'd put all my money on it not being instigated by the Moormans.

Not at all, you articulated it very respecfully, you may be correct.

I'm just sensing something different and do believe there was a fracture in the families. Maybe because something similar happened in my own family (controlling BIL). We glossed it over in time, but our family get togethers were never the same and my parents suffered the most because of it, MOO.

Eta: The lack of communication that AM does reference may have been a result of the move and isolation, not necessarily tied to a "falling out". MOO.
no no no, you were very well spoken i think i misunderstood your point because its late and the dyslexia grows stronger late nights lol. i agree theres clearly not familial bliss here. If i was a betting women, id say its a direct result of something BM did.

I really hate it when a killer is able to hide a body so well that authorities are unable to make an arrest due to lack of other solid evidence. I hate that the perpetrator is walking free, like he or she is winning. Sometimes I have to mentally walk away from a case because I fear this is what has happened. I understand from a LE standpoint why the person suspected here has not been arrested, but look at all of the people involved in trying to figure out this mystery. We are beating our heads against a wall. That would include SM’s family who is organizing a giant search effort. I hope they are not disappointed but I fear they will be. We can talk about chlorine odors, FB posting oddities and JP’s criminal history and many things but if there isn’t enough evidence there just isn’t. I hope I don’t read a year from now that this person who, IMO, is likely responsible, has cashed in and duped even more victims. It’s really disgusting to think about. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321