Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't a PoA granted when the person lacks capacity?

Sorry just seen some more answers (posted before finished reading other replies)
Not in my state - if you lack capacity you can't consent to have someone else take over your financial affairs. The time to do a POA is when you have full capacity so it cannot be challenged. Lacking capacity? equals guardianship
JMO

Not in my state - if you lack capacity you can't consent to have someone else take over your financial affairs. The time to do a POA is when you have full capacity so it cannot be challenged. Lacking capacity? equals guardianship
JMO

OK, thanks - am a little familiar with best interests/capacity/safeguarding etc. but clearly not massively - gotta lot to learn!

If I could ask AM one question, it'd be how BM looked when he first saw him. We hear BM arrived possibly late on Mother's Day (after dark), we hear he wasn't hugely forthcoming with LE from the start, he didn't want to be filmed, it was too soon.

Why?

He waited a week before his 26-second video.

Why the wait?

What happens to skin, eyes, mucous membranes when exposed to high levels of chlorine in close quarters?

Is there marked improvement after 24 hours (1st daylight), 48 hours (1st conversation with AM), 7 days (video)?

Inquiring minds want to know.

JMO
Chlorine is about 65% sodium hypochlorite compared to about 6% in bleach. I would think if he used chlorine his eyes and nose would have stung badly. If used in a contained area, I would probably have an acute asthma attack or pass out. I don't know about Barry. If he used chlorine, he would have had to dilute it at least to the same strength as bleach. Even bleach mixed with equal parts water is very strong. The fumes would linger for hours. Imo

OK, thanks - am a little familiar with best interests/capacity/safeguarding etc. but clearly not massively - gotta lot to learn!
the law definitely doesnt do anyone any favors by making it easy. trust and estate law can vary widely state by state on almost every issue, IMO theres a lot less cohesion between states then in other bodies if law. happy to help translate law into plain English when i can.... for will issues when it comes to trusts ya'll on ya own

Or everything was cleaned up and put back in order. There was probably plenty of time for that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the house looked neater and cleaner than usual.
The lack of visible blood reminds of Kelsey Berreth's condo. LE searched it and saw no evidence of foul play when they first searched.

It was only after the Berreth's noticed two micro blood drops in the bathroom that led to the full scale luminol search, and we now know the living room, stairs and into the kitchen had all been blood splattered and cleaned up with bleach. Blood had also pooled between the floorboards as well.

So a first search could have missed hidden blood evidence. I guess it depends on the scope of the initial SW.

MOO

the law definitely doesnt do anyone any favors by making it easy. trust and estate law can vary widely state by state on almost every issue, IMO theres a lot less cohesion between states then in other bodies if law. happy to help translate law into plain English when i can.... for will issues when it comes to trusts ya'll on ya own

Thanks! You may regret the offer though! :) - I find it really interesting, when I understand it - sometimes feels like I understand very little lol.

Barry couldn’t leave ANY evidence of a struggle. Everything was put back in to place, and thoroughly cleaned with bleach at Puma Path.

How else could he sell the bike ride theory? The bike discovery area HAD to appear be the crime scene.

He must’ve worked really hard on the clean up at Puma Path. It was probably the first time he’d ever done housework, coincidentally.

Or everything was cleaned up and put back in order. There was probably plenty of time for that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the house looked neater and cleaner than usual.

I wonder if a load of laundry was washed and dried, vacuum use a lot of electricity, water heaters also. So the electric meter could have really been spinning up til the time BM let the house.
Then what, nothing? No microwave, coffee pot, lights, TV, internet use? Moo

Thanks! You may regret the offer though! :) - I find it really interesting, when I understand it - sometimes feels like I understand very little lol.
No i promise i wont i took trust and estates last fall and im taking basic will drafting this semester so, selfishly, its a REALLY good way to review the material because it feels fun and not forced this way. i have like vague memories of the law but its still really hazy lol and FYI my inbox is always open too

The lack of visible blood reminds of Kelsey Berreth's condo. LE searched it and saw no evidence of foul play when they first searched.

It was only after the Berreth's noticed two micro blood drops in the bathroom that led to the full scale luminol search, and we now know the living room, stairs and into the kitchen had all been blood splattered and cleaned up with bleach. Blood had also pooled between the floorboards as well.

So a first search could have missed hidden blood evidence. I guess it depends on the scope of the initial SW.

MOO

Was just composing a similar thought

Barry couldn’t leave ANY evidence of a struggle. Everything was put back in to place, and thoroughly cleaned with bleach at Puma Path.

How else could he sell the bike ride theory? The bike discovery area HAD to appear be the crime scene.

He must’ve worked really hard on the clean up at Puma Path. It was probably the first time he’d ever done housework, coincidentally.

If he cleaned ,he could have wiped Suzanne's fingerprints from places LE would have expected to have found them.

Or a “helper” cleaner upper friend?

JMO
Same with my state. If one isn't of legal capacity it can be challenged

Dogs can be unreliable and looking at the original lists posted by ccso, there were no HRD dogs used. I would love for a team of HRD dogs used in and around the Morphew home.

IMO, not so fast. Even in the latest (9/3) CCSO press release the discipline of the dogs was not called out:

A search For Suzanne started immediately and over the course of the past nearly four months over 100 personnel, including air support, water craft, underwater equipment, drones and numerous types of K-9 have been utilized in an attempt to find Suzanne.

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

Often times a SAR dog team will be used because they actually have a HRD dog, they are sometimes a luxury for some Sheriff/Police departments to have and the reason LE have relationships with specific SAR teams.

IIRC, CCSO has also said there has been 10 large scale searches for SM. I think they have likely been used at some point, perhaps at several different locations. I also don't think if there were any alerts or rule outs - LE would have made a statement either way on it.

IMO

MOO
Sometimes LE does miss blood evidence in the home where a crime took place.
Like the cop in upstate NY who killed his wife.
LE found no evidence for several weeks then
went back for another look and realized he had replaced drywall and repainted where there had been blood stains.
Where she was dismembered on the garage floor, he spread several tarps and it totally prevented any blood on the floor.
So it depends how smart the perp was and if they had time to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader