Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible that it wasn't even chlorine that was smelt in the hotel, it may have have been the same bleach that was reported to have been smelt at the house, or its possible the smell at the house was also chlorine. Household bleach is also much more readily available.

Don't you worry about the snow. It will get warmer next week and we Coloradans can handle the snow and below freezing temps. Nothing will stop people from searching. The snow we sometimes get in the fall is nothing compared to what we get in the Winter. Especially Jan-April
I have no doubt Coloradans can handle the snow! In Alabama everything shuts down for a few little snowflakes. It’s only really snowed and covered the ground twice since I’ve lived here and both times it was so amazing & beautiful. It’s fun to go out and play in the snow & my dogs loved it! When it warms back up and your first snowfall melts I hope it doesn’t happen again right before or during the search. Couldn’t snow cover up a lot of things including remains or disturbed ground? Hopefully it won’t snow on the 24th. And how do ya’ll know how to dress every day?! Guess you have to check the weather to see if you are wearing shorts or down jackets? :eek:

Its possible that it wasn't even chlorine that was smelt in the hotel, it may have have been the same bleach that was reported to have been smelt at the house, or its possible the smell at the house was also chlorine. Household bleach is also much more readily available.

I'm thinking <modsnip> used it full strength, undeluted. Wonder how white his hands were. LOL and moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned LS but I believe you mean Profiling Evil as they are the ones who did the Skype with AM and GM. What did you think was off about the father looking over at the son?
I felt like AM was just helping GM say everything he wanted to say and get his thoughts if he forgot something. Also they both had to be careful and not reveal too much about the investigation. GM was vulnerable and AM was being protective of him. IMO

Is honor killing even a thing in the United States? Why do you feel this? Just curious.

I don’t for a second believe that this was an honor killing, in the traditional sense. However, the killer in this case, after the fact, may now share a similar mindset to other men who have committed these acts.
1) There appears to be a lack of outward remorse.
2) There is a sense of.. ‘I didn’t want to, but I had to.’
The implications of a divorce for this man may have exceeded other sins in his mind. I lost my temper and I didn’t mean to do it, but it was for the greater good.
MOO

Last edited:
I would think they have a fairly solid, well thought out will, just from her bouts with cancer and at the time two minor children.
here's the thing regarding estate plans - in well married couples, we routinely include a Durable Power of Attorney with our Wills/Trusts. each naming each other to control their assets, etc. If she had a well thought out Will - it begs the question - why didn't she give him her POA? We know she didn't because he had to initiate the guardianship to complete the sale. If he had her DPOA (he has had her limited POA for a specific sale before) he would not need this guardianship IMO. So why not?

We have discussed this previously but I think it is important - he didn't have her POA. IMO

wonder why?

I’m about 10 pages behind, but I wanted to jump in and say...

We have a pool, and it needed some shock(chlorine packets), so I bought the shock, but I also picked up a bottle of liquid chlorine because I wanted to see if it was comparable to bleach.

So, I came home placed the shock in the pool, and opened the bottle of liquid chlorine, which was in a bottle JUST like bleach. It straight up smelled identical to bleach to me. I poured half the bottle in the pool, then brought the rest up and poured in the bathtub and let it sit. I wanted to see if it would permeate the bathroom with the smell, which it did. I drained the tub.

This was a couple of hours ago. I just went to go check, and the smell is still lingering. I’m trying to decide if it was chlorine he smelled or bleach. I will say I bought the liquid chlorine at Walmart :)

I’m wondering if someone may have actually bathed in a chlorine/bleach bath to try and remove any DNA? I know hubby takes a bleach bath for red bugs lol, so it’s possible.

Now, off to catch up!

Was he trying to dissolve parts using HCl? That could smell like chlorine.
I don’t for a second believe that this was an honor killing, in the traditional sense. However, the killer in this case, after the fact, may share a similar mindset to other men who have committed honor killings.
1) There appears to be a lack of outward remorse.
2) There is a sense of.. ‘I didn’t want to, but I had to.’
The implications of a divorce for this man may have exceeded other sins in his mind. I lost my temper and I didn’t mean to do it, but it was for the greater good.
MOO

Well, what is different in honor killing, it is done for the community. That expects is from the member and proclaims him “a coward” if he doesn’t do it.

I know guys who are anti-drug. However they use testosterone. They consider it health supliments, like strong vitamins.
Moo
Theybare mean
Do you have any kind of source for this that’s MSM?

If not, that’s a big leap.
Hmm this makes the most sense to me now and ties in with barry's comment.

" i didn't do anything wrong IN THE HOTEL"

Its possible he arrived at the hotel already reeking of chlorine and simply showerd there and left the room reeking as a result.
Hmm this makes the most sense to me now and ties in with barry's comment.

" i didn't do anything wrong IN THE HOTEL"

Its possible he arrived at the hotel already reeking of chlorine and simply showerd there and left the room reeking as a result.
here's the thing regarding estate plans - in well married couples, we routinely include a Durable Power of Attorney with our Wills/Trusts. each naming each other to control their assets, etc. If she had a well thought out Will - it begs the question - why didn't she give him her POA? We know she didn't because he had to initiate the guardianship to complete the sale. If he had her DPOA (he has had her limited POA for a specific sale before) he would not need this guardianship IMO. So why not?

We have discussed this previously but I think it is important - he didn't have her POA. IMO

wonder why?

Don't the POAs go with illness and possibly being unable to act?

I felt like AM was just helping GM say everything he wanted to say and get his thoughts if he forgot something. Also they both had to be careful and not reveal too much about the investigation. GM was vulnerable and AM was being protective of him. IMO

When I watched the stream, I just saw an elderly Dad and a son trying to help his Dad navigate a new platform, with the topic being his missing child. I used to take my Dad to the doctor. I would let him speak until he either hesitated or fibbed, and then I would jump in.

The smell that remains after using either household bleach (sodium hypochlorite) or a chlorine-based pool disinfectant is often really due to the formation of dichloramines and trichloramines. Di- and trichloramines are formed when various chlorine-based products react with nitrogen-containing compounds (many of which are found in organic matter and bodily substances). So a dirty swimming pool smells worse than a clean one. A clean swimming pool will have little odor.

Household bleach does have an odor on its own usually, but it is much less strong than that of chloramines. (Chlorine itself is technically a gas that has a sweetish, irritating odor).

Bottom line: the use of many different chlorine-based disinfectant/cleaning products will generate a similar smell, which will likely be stronger if organic matter is present.

Smells like Chlorine?

;v

He said he noticed the odor as well. No explanation, just that he too noticed it. So, his opportunity for owning the explanation- Out the window!
Maybe if BM had said he disinfected the room because of Covid he would be admitting he had bleach or whatever he said he used. Then he would have to answer where he got the bleach and what did you do with it after you used it...where’s the bleach or cleaning product now??

Don't the POAs go with illness and possibly being unable to act?
depends, our state uses a Health care surrogate for health related decisions - and the DPOA is set out in individual paragraphs and you initial what you want your attorney-in-fact to be able to do - so for example, in my own, my POA can open and close bank accounts, make investments in my IRA, sell my house, etc. but I could limit it by not initialing certain paragraphs. If I am medically unable to make financial decisions - the POA will handle those for me. But medical decisions are through my Health Care Surrogate. The point is, you must really trust this person because they can empty your bank account, quit claim your property and liquidate all of your assets and it's all perfectly legal. My POA person doesn't even know they are (I've only asked if they were willing to be my POA) and the original is in our Will safe. so for me, it doesn't exist until I need it to. but I am a bit of a controlling person myself.
JMO

wonder why?

I’m curious if perhaps there was a DPOA in place as part of their wills/trust. But (moo), SM wasn’t just thinking about a divorce, she had retained legal counsel to discuss the proceedings for filing an intent to divorce.

If something like that happened, would one of the first steps be for her attorney to draw up papers nullifying the DPOA?

If something like that did happen, there would be a nice paper trail of evidence for LE.

Likewise, could getting cancer a second time (and what we know about BM not alllowing MMJ or anti-depressants) have made SM decode she didn’t want BM to have DPOA because she didn’t trust that BM would make decisions with her best interest in mind?

wonder why?

That's a great question. Would she have had to give POA to someone during her illness? Is the business all BM?

If I was Barry's attorney & Barry was on trial, I'd argue that investigators
didn't find evidence of a struggle at the house because Barry didn't do anything to Suzanne. At the end of the day, the police have to find a causal link between Barry & Suzanne's disappearance if they are going to charge & convict him.
Help I am confused, If LE did not find evidence of a struggle during the first warrant why would they be removing items from the house? And with that being said how would they be able to secure a second warrant?
I ask because in my mind I had been thinking that evidence they collected and tested may have given a judge info that would allow a second warrant.
I also thought that no evidence of a struggle did not mean they did not find evidence that a crime had occurred.
Can you help me understand what I am missing?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member