TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Condolences to the Harris family. Those of us who have followed this case all hoped for a different outcome. We got to know Caleb a bit and those who frequent this site cared about and had a concern for Caleb. The family can now lean on their faith to help them through this difficult time.

LE won't tell his family the person found is him until it's confirmed by dental records or DNA. A clothing match could theoretically (although not likely) be a staged scene or coincidence. So I guess his family still doesn't "know," but that's just my opinion.
The family was told days ago....before the statement. It was mentioned on the official fb page that they knew. I do not post rumors.

So very sorry to hear this news tonight. I was so hoping for a different outcome.

Now, he did he get in there? Was this an accident or was it something else?

RIP Caleb.

I think the flooding in the area helped his body to be found. But, it's doubtful we will ever know the details of what happened to Caleb that evening. I feel so sad for his family.

jmo

An investigative team comprising members from the Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the United States Marshals Service, and the Texas Rangers was formed shortly after Harris's disappearance. Over the following months, investigators executed over 50 digital search warrants, submitted 82 preservation requests, and analyzed over 1500 GB of data.

The remains, which showed no obvious signs of homicide, were sent to the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office. Although the remains have been identified as Caleb Harris, the investigation remains open.
*so sorry for his parents

Thankful the family has closure, sad as it is. I think it's very interesting that the CCPD has stated that there are no obvious signs of homicide at this time but also is keeping the investigation open for anonymous tips.
Maybe because of the he heavy state of decomposition? I was curious myself if it was something like this or accident but I’m not sure if the type of place he was found was somewhere he could have accessed or fallen into, etc.
rest in peace, Caleb.
I liked his mom’s (?) message, about how if anyone doesn’t know Jesus to reach out and how she loves talking about Jesus. I thought that was really sweet.

Just random.

I hate the word "closure." I read an essay once that said there's no "closure," only a resolution.

That being said, I'm grateful that Caleb's family and all who came to care about him have a resolution tonight.
I am sure they are now shifting more focus into wondering specifics about what happened and how as well since it seems that is still up in the air.

I think the flooding in the area helped his body to be found. But, it's doubtful we will ever know the details of what happened to Caleb that evening. I feel so sad for his family.

jmo
I’m hopeful they can definitely find out. This brings them so much closer to doing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back