Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigative reporters do investigate. Lauren doesn’t need to be polite. It’s her job to ask for news of the case, and she is reporting what the family of the missing person has to say. She has not reported one thing that isn’t true.

I have a different take. LE isn't going to talk. I think Lauren knows that. I think she's smart as a whip (she's not worried about the sheriff), she's getting in with BM. To highlight the sheriff's silence, she has gained a degree of trust with BM. She's got BM talking! If pounding on the sheriff's door is her means, her ends are working. BM is tripping himself up all over the place.

JMO
I think so too Megnut.

She's keeping onside with the golden goose.
Not a bad plan maybe.....

moo

The PE guys, rightly or wrongly, opened the door for this article.
IMO
They aren't pulling LS strings, I never heard PE rant against LE like this piece did. I think AM's quote was taken out of context, the point he was making on PE is that he wanted the sheriff to give him route data for BM's travels that weekend. I watched all the PE shows, I never heard any LE bashing.

I have a different take. LE isn't going to talk. I think Lauren knows that. I think she's smart as a whip (she's not worried about the sheriff), she's getting in with BM. To highlight the sheriff's silence, she has gained a degree of trust with BM. She's got BM talking! If pounding on the sheriff's door is her means, her ends are working. BM is tripping himself up all over the place.

JMO

I can't say I disagree with her objective, if it is in fact what you believe. I think that her approach is less than above board and not characteristic of good reporting. It's paparazzi behavior to some degree.

The three parts that did stand out:

1. No posters at the CCSO? Why the heck not?
2. Over budget and no response of any kind? Not to Andy or anyone? That seems beyond tight lipped. It leads me to my third point:
3. Why did they not show up to pick up the footage in time?

I don't like your approach LS but I imagine you ruffled some feathers. Anyone else notice how eager BM sounded to join in the search and see her at the vigil on the 25th? This is going to be a wild ride...

I can't say I disagree with her objective, if it is in fact what you believe. I think that her approach is less than above board and not characteristic of good reporting. It's paparazzi behavior to some degree.

The three parts that did stand out:

1. No posters at the CCSO? Why the heck not?
2. Over budget and no response of any kind? Not to Andy or anyone? That seems beyond tight lipped. It leads me to my third point:
3. Why did they not show up to pick up the footage in time?

I don't like your approach LS but I imagine you ruffled some feathers. Anyone else notice how eager BM sounded to join in the search and see her at the vigil on the 25th? This is going to be a wild ride...
He didn't say anything about the search, re his taking part. All he said was he'd give an interview to them.

In the phone call with Lauren, BM's voice was booming and confident until he was asked if he'd be at the vigil and for the search .... his voice dropped to almost a whisper when he said his yes and absolutely ..... didn't sound like he was being honest or sincere just there, I could be wrong. MOO

In all fairness to LS, shes doing her best to do her job. She all of a sudden has people who are talking, but the Sheriff has chosen not to. Before Barry talked, she reported the same thing about him - she knocked on the door, made calls, left messages, etc., to no avail. Imo, she knows what viewers want and shes showing us that shes doing everything she can to keep Suzannes story in the news.

I think its really unfair to talk negatively about her over one story. Especially after all she has tried her best to do for Suzanne.

Jmho.

For those that just read the article, I strongly suggest you watch the piece. It felt totally different. Sure, she called out CCSO. Sorry to say it, but I do believe if you switched her gender you might call her tenacious. But I’m not going there.

Big takeaway-tomorrow’s piece includes an interview with an employee of Barry’s.

Weren’t we told that LS is going to drop some damning evidence against BM’s timeline this week? Stay tuned.
Yes we were told that BTW. As to tonight, I can't help but wonder if this is a ploy, a strategy or advice given to Lauren to try, not meant to be taken personally as animosity toward L/E as some have concluded, but more or less a strategy to get L/E talking. Could be ill advised, but she's young and has worked with the best of intentions so far. Way out of my league here making an assessment, just offering a thought.

There definitely was some of that. But I thought the quote by Andy was troubling. I'm not sure why they can't respond to him. It is his sister. I'm not saying they should give Andy any kind insight into the investigation. And it would be wrong to do so. But they can, at least, respond to him.
Possibly because he's revealing the responses? Just a thought. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member