Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, not feeling the "submission" factor either. But you have to wonder Why didn't someone else order a landline,(?) the cell service is notoriously spotty, we've heard that from literally everyone, the neighbor had a landline and so did the Morphew property previously, for emergencies if nothing else. Or for that matter why didn't someone get the security system fixed? I'd feel vulnerable living there in such an isolated environment, it's not a neighborhood, and living there with two daughters? MOO Something appears wrong with this picture to me, It's taking basic responsibility/precautions, nothing outlandish.

Sad to say.......I think there was no landline because BM had a plan. Same for the security system not working. All premeditated and planned way in advance.

JMO.....I think there were problems in the marriage that the daughters didn’t know about. SM Facebook didn’t show ANY pictures of BM in a few years, I find that very odd. Did she suspect him of nefarious activities??

Feel the need to post this.
Speaking for myself, and probably everyone on this board, I have tremendous empathy for both the Moorman and the Morphew families.
Can't imagine which is worse.
Being on the side of losing someone or possibly being on the side of the person responsible for that loss?

Sounds as if these families grew up together living in the same town.
AM spoke about the Morphew family being wonderful people, especially BM's mother. Actually mentioned that BM's sister encouraged him to call BM about funding the search.
I have said this in the past.
If BM did this the ripple effect is enormous.

MOO.

A random one or a place he had been to before? I don’t think you drive away in the night looking for an abandoned mine shaft. It would make sense that BM had a destination in mind.
IMO

Whether a premeditated act or sudden, BM knows of numerous places to hide bodies.
After the act, his mind would focus on getting the body to one of these hide outs, knowing there would be little chance of discovery.
He could also conceal the site, in someway, by blocking the area etc.
MOO.

Based on his alleged background, I seriously doubt he would make the stand. BM proffered that the man had been in prison for 9 years. Hoping I can post this as it has come out through Lauren Scharf?
MOO.
Technically after a conviction is 10 years old it can no longer be brought up at trial as a way to discredit a witness unless theres a very important reason but with charges that old its evidentiary value must outweigh the potential the prejudicial impact the knowledges of the charges can have on the jury . I dont know what his charges were so i cant speak more to it but i assume by the time trial hits the 10 year mark will have passed

edit plus just throwing this out there just because someones made a mistake in the past, it doesn't mean their lying now or we should automatically take their testimony less seriously. granted im saying this and i have no idea what his charges are (and to be honest im not going to sleuth, im giving this guy the benefit of the doubt... which i never do) if he did something heinous like murder a bunch of puppies i reserve the right to retract my endorsement of his testimony

Last edited:
22.svg

Periods of snow, some heavy, for at least 120 min

NOW AT 5:38 PM MDT

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/salida/81201/minute-weather-forecast/332185

The first snow (since reported missing) for every missing person gets me every time. :(

There is no evidence of any drinking/drug problem. I don't know why "it fits" but I"m also not qualified to make such a judgement. Nonetheless, IMO its completely unlikely as evidence of such would have been a great way to challenge or remove BLM as guardian if it were true.
Do you seriously think anyone who knew about issues like that would search out a guardian court date and speak up? I mean seriously? And you don't need to get drugs off the street to be an addict. Drug and alcohol addictions are one of the best kept secrets in America. moo

I’m sure they’d link the smell to other evidence LE has.

But it’s also quite funny that BM also said he smelled it, so it would be hard to go after JP having an acute sense of smell.
Yes this would be linked to other evidence LE has. But if prosecutors wanted to pursue this as a point of evidence against BM, there could be other reasons for a smell of chlorine in the room. Most likely a maintenance person from the motel could testify as to why this odor might exist. Or, prosecutors would choose not to present these statements at all. Thus not have to go after anyone.

So Andy said LE found no evidence of a struggle at the house, that means there is probably not enough evidence to charge Barry without finding Suzanne's body. Sadly this case may go cold. Andy talks about it at 59:00

That is disheartening to hear.

Suzanne was a petite woman and he is a big, strong guy. He could have overpowered her before she could resist and maybe she never saw an attack coming.

I have wondered about the 2 Range Rovers parked in the driveway. I wonder if Suzanne usually parked hers in the garage?

In the McStay case, their home was examined several times and LE said they found no evidence a crime was committed there despite 4 people disappearing and subsequently found beaten to death and buried in a shallow grave in the desert. Evidence found in the grave indicated they were in fact attacked in their home in more than one location. A subsequent search by a different LE agency did uncover evidence in the home. Their killer was convicted and sentenced to death 6 +/- years later. A career criminal and a smooth talker, he sat for a polygraph not long after the family went missing and also for an interview with a major media outlet before he was charged. MOO

Do you seriously think anyone who knew about issues like that would search out a guardian court date and speak up? I mean seriously? And you don't need to get drugs off the street to be an addict. Drug and alcohol addictions are one of the best kept secrets in America. moo
After the latest interview with AM I got the impression that BM does not approve of drugs and alcohol. Andy said he was "anti-drug city." Imo

Anyone who cared would order two Rings from Amazon in the meantime.
Yes if they had access to a credit card but if the spouse controls them they can’t order what they want - same with installing a landline - you need a deposit to do that. We could guess that all the credit cards is in the name of just one person ? I have alerts that anytime any card is used I get a text message - (Also on my bank accounts) and the same with credit monitoring. We really know nothing about what access SM had to anything - maybe there is a reason not a whole lot of social media updating was done by our missing mom - JMO

I didn’t know a lot about Cheryl’s case, and the first picture I clicked on of her and her husband he was wearing one of those Nine Line shirts. Just like BM wore. Kinda creepy.

Nine Line Apparel:

FOUNDED BY PATRIOTS FOR PATRIOTS, WE'RE DETERMINED TO ENSURE THE SURVIVAL OF LIBERTY AND TRUE AMERICAN VALUES. AS A LIFESTYLE BRAND, NINE LINE SYMBOLIZES THE DISTRESS CALL ECHOED ON THE BATTLEFIELD TO PROTECT OUR NATION'S HEROES. WE AIM TO BE OUR BROTHER'S KEEPER AND START A CONVERSATION BETWEEN THOSE WHO SERVED AND THOSE WHO SUPPORT THEM. THROUGH FIERCE GRIT AND PROWESS, WE ARE UNWAVERING IN OUR MISSION TO BE RELENTLESSLY PATRIOTIC.

TENET 2
Support those who have and continue to serve honorably as members of the military, police, fire department, or any other public service. Hold those who abuse their power accountable but understand they do not represent the entirety of those who serve to protect us.

Source: About Us

I could be wrong, but i think there is thought behind wearing that type of shirt. It sends a message. Like... Hey, i am one of you...

Yes if they had access to a credit card but if the spouse controls them they can’t order what they want - same with installing a landline - you need a deposit to do that. We could guess that all the credit cards is in the name of just one person ? I have alerts that anytime any card is used I get a text message - (Also on my bank accounts) and the same with credit monitoring. We really know nothing about what access SM had to anything - maybe there is a reason not a whole lot of social media updating was done by our missing mom - JMO
hmm.
No personal Amazon account? That is straight up abusive. She brought plenty of the $$ to the relationship.

hmm.
No personal Amazon account? That is straight up abusive. She brought plemtybof the $$ to the relationship.
Well I’ve been thinking a lot about the potential isolation after the move and the possible lack of communication with her family back in IN - here are some ways to control this:
No landline
Cell phone communication monitoring including blocking numbers
Control of WiFi password
Control of security system
Control of car keys
Control of bank accounts and access to cash
Control of credit cards
—-
So if you find yourself with limited cell phone access, no credit card, no car keys, no access to bank accounts, monitoring of your activities inside the house via security camera video - you can’t communicate with your family - and yes, you can’t buy stamps to send a letter - and on and on ...
100% control
IMO

Technically after a conviction is 10 years old it can no longer be brought up at trial as a way to discredit a witness unless theres a very important reason but with charges that old its evidentiary value must outweigh the potential the prejudicial impact the knowledges of the charges can have on the jury . I dont know what his charges were so i cant speak more to it but i assume by the time trial hits the 10 year mark will have passed

edit plus just throwing this out there just because someones made a mistake in the past, it doesn't mean their lying now or we should automatically take their testimony less seriously. granted im saying this and i have no idea what his charges are (and to be honest im not going to sleuth, im giving this guy the benefit of the doubt... which i never do) if he did something heinous like murder a bunch of puppies i reserve the right to retract my endorsement of his testimony
Nine years will be a serious felony. It will matter what category of felony.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members