Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or everything was cleaned up and put back in order. There was probably plenty of time for that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the house looked neater and cleaner than usual.

This is the best explanation I've seen so far to LE's purportedly telling AM that there were no "obvious signs of a struggle."

It's very reminiscent of the Kelsey Berreth case.
LE did a walkthrough twice of Kelsey's place after she went missing and didn't spot anything out of the ordinary.

They saw no signs of a struggle, despite the fact that Kelsey had been brutally bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, and blood was splattered all over the walls, floors, counters, furniture, etc.

It was an absolutely gruesome crime scene, and LE didn't notice a single thing to raise a red flag on their initial checks.

The fact that something isn't "obvious" doesn't mean it's not present.

LE likely didn't lie to AM.

But they also definitely didn't tell AM anything that might compromise their case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. But I think a struggle means more like broken things, things out of order—like a fight of some sort occurred. And forensic evidence could be found in a perfectly orderly looking house. (Blood spatters only found w/luminol etc.)
Personally I don‘t think they necessarily told AM the truth.
yeah Im thinking LE was a bit deceptive with Andy.

The army of search volunteers that PE and the Moorman family is putting together are heroic. I read through the website and waiver. The PE is placing all the liability on the Moorman family. All the waivers in the world are not going to save them from personal liability. The search is going to be on dangerous terrain, hiking, caving etc., I have very serious reservations about this project regardless of the good intentions and the possibility of finding SM.

That’s exactly what I was thinking with my question...
in BM world control doesn't end at death after all, i think they have a saying about how great minds think alike lol
praying-hands.jpg

At this moment, BM is free, that’s a fact. But at the same time, he’s not free. Not really.

He miscalculated how much publicity this case would get, and he underestimated law enforcement. He never imagined they’d never buy what he was selling.

He thought he’d put up a big reward, and that would placate the public. What he didn’t realize, was that the public expected him to do what all loving spouses do in a situation like this: Speak up, and do everything in his power to find his wife.

In the past couple of weeks though, the pressure has mounted. Reporters are calling, and knocking on his door. Suzanne’s family has turned on him, and information is beginning to flow. The people that he surrounded himself with are starting to talk, and intriguing details are coming to light.

He knows his story is full of holes, his alibi is suspicious, and the house of cards is poised to collapse. He can try to discredit these witnesses, law enforcement, and whoever else he wants. That’s all he has though, as the truth is not on his side.

He’s fighting a battle that he can’t win.

Attention is growing, searchers are coming, and at any moment, law enforcement could roll up on his door.

Then it all ends for him.

Fancy house, nice cars, solid image, and beautiful family. Gone.

I can’t imagine the stress of all that, and although it can’t compare to what Suzanne must have gone through, I gotta admit, it’s a bit of poetic justice.

<modsnip: Removed direct accusation>

Oh, MAN.

To quote Nancy Kerrigan: "Why? WHY? WHYYYY????"

It pains me to do this. It really does.

But when I see genius, I have to acknowledge it. So here goes:
47.gif
20.gif
5254.gif
6049.gif

That post is a thing of beauty.

It really is sheer brilliance.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to need to go kiss the porcelain god, on account of I've just given myself a severe case of the dry heaves.

I ain't doing this ever again.
Write it down.
On second thought, never mind: I just did.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The army of search volunteers that PE and the Moorman family is putting together are heroic. I read through the website and waiver. The PE is placing all the liability on the Moorman family. All the waivers in the world are not going to save them from personal liability. The search is going to be on dangerous terrain, hiking, caving etc., I have very serious reservations about this project regardless of the good intentions and the possibility of finding SM.
I get the feeling that Sheriff Spezze is not appreciating the soon-to-arrive army of volunteers. Help, Hinderance or Headache?
IMO

That did bother me as well. A lot of it is private property, so the searchers could be turned away. Not sure if they need to obtain a permit of sorts. It doesn’t fall under an “event” so I didn’t see the ability to get event liability insurance coverage. But this won’t be the first time that huge searches have happened. Parking and some sort of crowd control/additional law enforcement will be needed. Can you imagine the PR nightmare if it was shut down at this point?

I wonder if a load of laundry was washed and dried, vacuum use a lot of electricity, water heaters also. So the electric meter could have really been spinning up til the time BM let the house.
Then what, nothing? No microwave, coffee pot, lights, TV, internet use? Moo

Best post yet if the electric smart meter usage is recordable and saved or accessible. A spike in usage at a certain time? When the usual suspect said nobody was home? . Anybody want to find out if that particular year built meter is recorded by hour or at all?

At this moment, BM is free, that’s a fact. But at the same time, he’s not free. Not really.

He miscalculated how much publicity this case would get, and he underestimated law enforcement. He never imagined they’d never buy what he was selling.

He thought he’d put up a big reward, and that would placate the public. What he didn’t realize, was that the public expected him to do what all loving spouses do in a situation like this: Speak up, and do everything in his power to find his wife.

In the past couple of weeks though, the pressure has mounted. Reporters are calling, and knocking on his door. Suzanne’s family has turned on him, and information is beginning to flow. The people that he surrounded himself with are starting to talk, and intriguing details are coming to light.

He knows his story is full of holes, his alibi is suspicious, and the house of cards is poised to collapse. He can try to discredit these witnesses, law enforcement, and whoever else he wants. That’s all he has though, as the truth is not on his side.

He’s fighting a battle that he can’t win.

Attention is growing, searchers are coming, and at any moment, law enforcement could roll up on his door.

Then it all ends for him.

Fancy house, nice cars, solid image, and beautiful family. Gone.

I can’t imagine the stress of all that, and although it can’t compare to what Suzanne must have gone through, I gotta admit, it’s a bit of poetic justice.

<modsnip: Removed direct accusation>
Oh how I wish there was a love button for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chlorine is about 65% sodium hypochlorite compared to about 6% in bleach. I would think if he used chlorine his eyes and nose would have stung badly. If used in a contained area, I would probably have an acute asthma attack or pass out. I don't know about Barry. If he used chlorine, he would have had to dilute it at least to the same strength as bleach. Even bleach mixed with equal parts water is very strong. The fumes would linger for hours. Imo

Not sure why, but I keep coming back to the hotel and the "chlorine" smell.

- I cannot fathom why a landscaper working on a wall would need chlorine for that project.
- A landscaper would not use chlorine or muriatic to clean tools, because they could contaminate or poison plants.
- I may have missed this, but did hotel staff also smell chlorine? If so, great. If not, this is hearsay from a guy who spent years in prison.

=Barry has engaged an atty not only for himself but for the daughters.
Why would you control your daughters giving testimoney to help find their mother?????

SBM BBM
I don't follow. How is he controlling their testimony? It seems to me that their having lawyers is evidence that he is NOT controlling their testimony. The point is to have independent representation.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but I keep coming back to the hotel and the "chlorine" smell.

- I cannot fathom why a landscaper working on a wall would need chlorine for that project.
- A landscaper would not use chlorine or muriatic to clean tools, because they could contaminate or poison plants.
- I may have missed this, but did hotel staff also smell chlorine? If so, great. If not, this is hearsay from a guy who spent years in prison.
Well this is just a few thoughts I have on that, he has a hot tub at home so may have had some laying around. And even if thats not a possibility I could still find pool supplies at my Walmart in May and June since bleach was hard to come by. Speculation on why he used it is still up for debate, but how he got it not so much.

in BM world control doesn't end at death after all, i think they have a saying about how great minds think alike lol
praying-hands.jpg

His control tendencies are exactly what made me curious about that. If there was say one main trail or path into a given area, you could put a trail cam there to monitor people going by to make sure LE isnt in the area. And the body could still be a good ways away as long as there was one main way to where it is buried or hidden and the cam is on that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member