Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly does seem especially cruel that if she was suffering through treatments, he wouldn't allow her to get some relief through using legal weed. (I suspect there's likely much more to this story, however).

I think our society in general is still very much not on the same page when it comes to pot. Generations of public school funded programs telling us (and our kids) how terrible pot is (gateway!) and now, the same quantities that used to get folks tossed in jail, are perfectly legal.
It's entirely possible BM is radically against weed use, for any reason. Tons of people are.

jmo
True, but then why choose to move there?

Nope. It's all the same weed. Many dispensaries cater to both medical and recreational users. The difference is in pricing and taxes.

My horticultural major offspring grew for large operations in Denver, it’s all grown in the same large warehouses under strict conditions, just sold as retail or medical.
Same as all plants before recreational was legalized when the grow could only sell medically
The tax rate, price & type of dispensary vary across the state

We don't have a time for Lauren's next segment, do we?

I'm still angry that BM wouldn't let Suzanne use marijuana when she was sick. The woman had cancer, and he won't let his wife smoke a joint? Or eat a freaking cookie?

Yet he lives in a place where recreational weed is legal and common. Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this? I have a HS friend who lives in Thronton. Professional guy, upstanding taxpayer, etc, who smokes like a mad man and says no one thinks anything about it. He's an old skool high-on, though, so is it true or is that his wishful thinking?

Anti-drug, or at least weed, and CO, just don't seem like a good fit, KWIM? It's very confusing to me. Now if you told me he was a big fan, I wouldn't think anything about it.

All MOO and ruminations.
Just anti-Suzanne.

here's the thing regarding estate plans - in well married couples, we routinely include a Durable Power of Attorney with our Wills/Trusts. each naming each other to control their assets, etc. If she had a well thought out Will - it begs the question - why didn't she give him her POA? We know she didn't because he had to initiate the guardianship to complete the sale. If he had her DPOA (he has had her limited POA for a specific sale before) he would not need this guardianship IMO. So why not? We have discussed this previously but I think it is important - he didn't have her POA. IMO wonder why?
^^bbm

Great question. A general power of attorney ("POA") ends on your death or incapacitation unless you rescind it before then. (Durable power of attorney extends to include incapacitation). As you stated, in your experience, most couples give each other DPOA when making their wills or estate plans.

Breaking down a POA, after 26 years of marriage and battling cancer twice,....

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her estate and finances?

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her health options?

Why did SM say NO to BM completing real estate transactions?

Why did SM say NO to BM managing any investments she has?

Why did SM say NO to BM maintaining her bank accounts?

Why did SM say NO to BM paying bills, paying insurance premiums?

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her taxes?

Why did SM say NO to BM doing any required business transactions?

It seems to me that as long as SM was alive, she did not want BM to have any authority over her life because she did not trust him or his decision making.

MOO

ETA: There's evidence in public records where SM has previously given BM limited POA (i.e., limited time and limited purpose) as late as May 2018. In other words, SM was familiar with legal documents and authorizations.

We don't have a time for Lauren's next segment, do we?

I'm still angry that BM wouldn't let Suzanne use marijuana when she was sick. The woman had cancer, and he won't let his wife smoke a joint? Or eat a freaking cookie?

Yet he lives in a place where recreational weed is legal and common. Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this?

Not in COL, but live in a place where mj is legal and use it medically as does my mum (cancer). It's a safe, effective treatment for pain and associated conditions, is prescribed and monitored by doctors, and is a whole lot easier on the body for many than the strong NSAIDS, biologics and narcotics. There's been an upsurge in its use in cancer treatment and I'd expect that SM would have had expert guidance at her clinic in COL.

IME -- and I speak here as patient, and a carer not a clinician -- because mj is the there is resistance from family in some pain treatments, because we tend to view pain through the lens of our own experience. There's stigma about weakness, caving in, concern about personality and other changes in the patient (these so happen, and can be red flags to controlling family/carers) and even feeling that suffering is somehow "honest" while relief is not quite, somehow.

In short, I'm appalled but unsurprised that BM would have objections to SM using marijuana as part of treatment, for whatever stated reasons, religious or other -- and I doubt those reasons had much to do with her own wants or needs.

I wonder if a load of laundry was washed and dried, vacuum use a lot of electricity, water heaters also. So the electric meter could have really been spinning up til the time BM let the house.
Then what, nothing? No microwave, coffee pot, lights, TV, internet use? Moo
Interesting idea! If LE could prove no electricity, water, cable tv, etc. were used during a morning when a victim was supposedly at home, they could prove that a perpetrator was lying. I don't recall ever seeing information like that brought up in a court of law, but it sounds like great evidence. Is it hard to get that kind of data?

^^bbm

Great question. A general power of attorney ("POA") ends on your death or incapacitation unless you rescind it before then. (Durable power of attorney extends to include incapacitation). As you stated, in your experience, most couples give each other DPOA when making their wills or estate plans.

Breaking down a POA, after 26 years of marriage and battling cancer twice,....

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her estate and finances?

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her health options?

Why did SM say NO to BM completing real estate transactions?

Why did SM say NO to BM managing any investments she has?

Why did SM say NO to BM maintaining her bank accounts?

Why did SM say NO to BM paying bills, paying insurance premiums?

Why did SM say NO to BM handling her taxes?

Why did SM say NO to BM doing any required business transactions?

It seems to me that as long as SM was alive, she did not want BM to have any authority over her life because she did not trust him or his decision making.

MOO

ETA: There's evidence in public records where SM has previously given BM limited POA (i.e., limited time and limited purpose) as late as May 2018. In other words, SM was familiar with legal documents and authorizations.
yep!

Tweet by CM ( Profiling Evil ). The last 2 tagged are the Benghazi vets.

RT - Andy is looking for 3 K9 handlers & dogs who have been trained to scent over water? Please advise.
#suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #truecrimecommunity #bringsuzannehome #shinebrightforsuzanne
@PAULANEALMOONEY @crime_it @MarkGeistSWP @JohnTiegen

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1303707541579411456?s=21

I wonder if his anti marijuana stance had more to do with the Moorman's and their profiting from their marijuana business rather than any moral objection. Another power play against her family? IMO he had some resentment built up against them, although I'm not quite sure why.
Some people who are very controlling will use any means to turn their spouse against their own family. It's just another way to isolate them and ensure they are not influenced by anyone else. Imo

At this moment, BM is free, that’s a fact. But at the same time, he’s not free. Not really.
Precisely. If he is not a sociopath pretending to have Christian faith, and if he is a member of a community of Christians, he must be experiencing tremendous stress. If I am such a man and innocent, I am beginning to see the polygraph/voice analysis option as my way forward, notwithstanding the substantial risk of a "false positive" finding that I am lying.

The results are not admissible as evidence, and the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act and other legal principles would prohibit the disclosure of the test results by LE. The upside for me would be, that if my responses were deemed truthful, I could tell my friends and family I passed the test. A positive result would also give LE reason to reconsider their focus on me. MOO.

How do you know that Morgan and Cassidy were there at the hotel?

I believe their names were specifically mentioned during the Nancy Grace podcast that Lauren was on. I don’t want to put myself though listening to the whole thing to find it-Nancy might have mistakenly called Cassidy Cody during it, and I think Lauren corrected her. I hear Nancy’s voice in my head. Lauren was asked on FB about the HI Express and if there were other workers there. Lauren’s response was that there were two, and she was working to speak with them.

Help I am confused, If LE did not find evidence of a struggle during the first warrant why would they be removing items from the house? And with that being said how would they be able to secure a second warrant?
I ask because in my mind I had been thinking that evidence they collected and tested may have given a judge info that would allow a second warrant.
I also thought that no evidence of a struggle did not mean they did not find evidence that a crime had occurred.
Can you help me understand what I am missing?
Thanks

The only evidence that there were no signs of struggle in the house was by AM.

I also think it's a good example of only trusting information coming directly from LE. AM indicated he asked an investigator if there were signs of a struggle and if SM's phone was located to which he received a flat "No" to each question. We also don't know if "no" meant I'm not answering your question or I'm not confirming.

I do not believe specific information about the potential crime scene would be provided to the public (via AM) during an open investigation. I also think any question asked would have received the same response.

I'm proceeding with caution and taking any negative response by LE (per AM) to mean authorities have not confirmed or denied.

MOO

The only evidence that there were no signs of struggle in the house was by AM.

I also think it's a good example of only trusting information coming directly from LE. AM indicated he asked an investigator if there were signs of a struggle and if SM's phone was located to which he received a flat "No" to each question. We also don't know if "no" meant I'm not answering your question or I'm not confirming.

I do not believe specific information about the potential crime scene would be provided to the public (via AM) during an open investigation. I also think any question asked would have received the same response.

I'm proceeding with caution and taking any negative response by LE (per AM) to mean authorities have not confirmed or denied.

MOO
Very astute! I am reminded that the courts permit LE to lie (not just the FBI, but all LE) as may be necessary to get at the truth of the case.

Tweet by CM ( Profiling Evil ). The last 2 tagged are the Benghazi vets.

RT - Andy is looking for 3 K9 handlers & dogs who have been trained to scent over water? Please advise.
#suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #truecrimecommunity #bringsuzannehome #shinebrightforsuzanne
@PAULANEALMOONEY @crime_it @MarkGeistSWP @JohnTiegen

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1303707541579411456?s=21
thankfully they stopped tagging that pl****r - IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors