Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s important to keep an open mind, and I’ve been thinking of alternate scenarios, ones in which BM isn’t involved. Here’s the one that I think is most probable:

I think the killer had familiarized himself with Suzanne’s routine, and had stalked her biking route on multiple occasions. On the day in question, he lurked just off the trail, crouching in the bushes, waiting for his opportunity to strike. As she rode by, he sprang out of nowhere, startling her. He knocked Suzanne off her bike, disorienting her. He quickly picked up the bike and flung it down the ravine as far as he could, so as to delay discovery of her disappearance. He then dragged Suzanne away, carefully removing any traces of his tracks left behind.

BTW, the perpetrator is a mountain lion in this scenario. Give me a break Barry.
Man, you almost had me there :rolleyes::p

Certainly LE knows BM's phone's whereabouts on Saturday.

I'm not ready to place him in Salida Saturday afternoon. MG mentioned she "heard that" which is the literal definition of hearsay. IMO, thats extremely unreliable.

If BM is guilty, I think it is very unlikely he was in Salida early Saturday afternoon. I say this because if he put someone up to this, he would make sure he had a solid alibi (such as being seen in town) and wouldn't have staged the bike and attempted to mess with the timeline. I also have a very hard time believing he would venture into town immediately after harming SM. It just seems he would be more concerned, initially, with destroying evidence, hiding the body, cleaning up and calming down. I think all that takes time. If he was in town, it would be more likely to have been early evening. IMO (4-7 pm)? And if so, what was he shopping for? Bleach? Cooler (might explain LEs interest, IMO)?

Of course this is all speculation and MOO. My main point is I think MGs report that she heard he was in town Saturday afternoon should be taken lightly at this point. JMO.
And how did the person know BM was in town all day if he was shopping by himself? It sounds like several people saw him at different places and reported this to MG.

Remember the items that were recovered from the side of the main road in the day or so after finding the bicycle? Have we ever learned what they were? And, in view of all the discussion since then, have they taken on any more significance since then?

My gut is that it’s given LE a sense of which way the perp went after staging that evidence to then hide the body.

Remember the items that were recovered from the side of the main road in the day or so after finding the bicycle? Have we ever learned what they were? And, in view of all the discussion since then, have they taken on any more significance since then?
I have not heard of any identification of times.
I did see the PE map locating where the item(s) were found on the north side of Hwy 50 just east by 50-100 ft of the entrance to 225. Found about as far up the hill as can be thrown from the road, similar to the bike.

Last edited:
Is the mountain lion a meth head? If so then I am in on this theory.
This is a good post in the middle of something heavy. Thank you.

BM has gone on about his life, too quick for me.

I still think LE has many pieces not shared. Possibly looking for the piece of evidence that will tip the scale?

CBI does do intense work and I do have faith justice for Suzanne will come.

Credibility. Interview w MSM; Initial Stmt to LE; Post-Miranda Stmts; Testimony in Court.
We only have one person's testimony that this actually happened.
@Skigh Jumping off your post re one person's 'testimony,' that's a term I hesitate to use/apply if we've only seen and heard a stmt on an TV/podcast/vblog interview.
When talking w a reporter, a person may consider it as a chance to make or repeat a stmt to someone other than the reporter's targeted audience. For example, when person on media camera/Zoom says - No, I did not have an affair w Mr/Ms X, the message could be intended more for spouse/SigOther than for TV or blog audience.
Afterward person could say to spouse - No affair, I even said it on TV. That one point could be true or a big, fat lie.

We do not know what a person said in an initial stmt to LE, or post-Miranda stmts to LE, or what will be said on the witness stand.

I usu. entertain doubt about truthfulness of all pre-trial stmts we read and hear from potential witnesses.
At trial w access to waaaay more info than we have, (I hope) atty's examining or cross examining witness will ferret out the truth or something close to it. jm2cts.

Still thinking of where BM may have buried SM.

Colorado Firecamp is less than 10 min. from the Puma Path home. It was definitely closed bc of COVID. It’s a hop, skip, jump down HWY 50. Not much traffic if it’s in the middle of the night. Probably a truck hauling a bobcat wouldn’t even be noticed going down the hwy.

Attachments

• C5D8871B-D75A-47B3-88AD-A53A6EDD25F4.jpeg
    C5D8871B-D75A-47B3-88AD-A53A6EDD25F4.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 18

the MSM PE site reports “One item believed to be the bike helmet and one other item”. Find the story map here.
Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Still thinking of where BM may have buried SM.

Colorado Firecamp is less than 10 min. from the Puma Path home. It was definitely closed bc of COVID. It’s a hop, skip, jump down HWY 50. Not much traffic if it’s in the middle of the night. Probably a truck hauling a bobcat wouldn’t even be noticed going down the hwy.
There was a sheriff road block on that CR 240 road during the searches.

Missing Suzanne Morphew: No body found as search continues at landscaper husband’s job site; police have made no arrests

My only reservation about the theory that he had help is that he had only lived in the area since 2018. I can’t imagine having enough trust in someone that he couldn’t have been that close to that you would ask that person to help cover up a murder. Of course at this point since the discussion recently has been around the people that worked for him, those are the ones I’m thinking of so it could have been someone else he was closer to.
I wonder if any of these friends, workers, etc were known to BM before (BM) moved to Colorado??

It was a neighbor at the Salida job site. I don't think we've heard an explanation of how or if the bobcat is the same one in BM's driveway.
But the fact that it had crime tape tied to it makes me think it was being looked at as being suspicious.
if the bobcat was being looked at, it would have crime tape around it, not tied to it as an anchor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katarinadil