Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from coverage of the upcoming searches, what aspects of this story would we like to see LS cover? There should be a number of witnesses who could be interviewed about:

• The Salida home under construction, BS's contracted role in that project, and what other contractors have to say about the equipment that was running late Saturday/early Sunday on MD weekend. Add your questions.
  • The Broomfield project. Who contracted it, when? What needed to be done? What would have been involved in the MD "setup"? What equipment was required? Why wasn't it there? Was it urgent the work be done the week following MD, or did BS have discretion when to do the work? Why was BS working so far from home? Add your questions?
  • The Ms' marriage. What can her friends say about its stability? Was SM expressing a wish to return to Indiana to be with her support network after the second bout with cancer?
  • <modsnip>
  • What about the technology used in the search? What are its capabilities and limitations?
I am sure you can come up with more. LS seems to be the kind of reporter who won't give up on this story as long as she and her editors see public interest in questions she can answer. Maybe the WS group's best contribution to solving the case will be to give her avenues to explore, and support going after them.

Brick Order - what company were they ordered from with delivery instructions - IF - they were ordered at all.

My post in the last thread about my drive to the hotel in Broomfield yesterday may have been lost. I just can't get it out of my mind today. When I was there, I was looking around trying to figure out why this hotel? While the name conjures "cheap" hotel this one is in a very nice new area with more budget friendly options closer to the highway. The townhomes that are surrounding the hotels on that new block appear to be very upscale. They are building out retail now and there is a coffeeshop next door and a quick walk through the parking lot is a Land Rover dealership. We know the family owned a couple of them. In a search there are 7 dealerships in the state. The closest to Salida is the dealership in Colorado Springs, which we heard for weeks BM's job was but what if he had to change his first version of his story last minute because that dealership couldn't do what he needed? He drove a car that needed maybe some interior work done before LE saw it that could only be replaced at a dealership and Broomfield was the one that could do it? He needed a place to put the tools he had in the back so he grabbed a hotel room next door, cleaned his tools and cooked up a plan about a job that needed to be done in Broomfield for a year but right now was the time to get it done. It was always about the bike but maybe it was to distract from the car that had not been back in the garage very long. All of this is JMO. And my trying to figure out why THAT hotel it doesn't make sense.

Could the dogs have missed any trace of Suzanne at the beach/jobsite SW area? Would they ever go back there again, or, once cleared, is LE finished with that site? Construction resumed on the house, correct?

Truth be known, we have no clue what the investigators have been doing. IMO, as it should be. Perhaps, they never cleared that place? How would we know? Have I missed something?

MOO.

Aside from coverage of the upcoming searches, what aspects of this story would we like to see LS cover? There should be a number of witnesses who could be interviewed about:

• The Salida home under construction, BS's contracted role in that project, and what other contractors have to say about the equipment that was running late Saturday/early Sunday on MD weekend. Add your questions.
  • The Broomfield project. Who contracted it, when? What needed to be done? What would have been involved in the MD "setup"? What equipment was required? Why wasn't it there? Was it urgent the work be done the week following MD, or did BS have discretion when to do the work? Why was BS working so far from home? Add your questions?
  • The Ms' marriage. What can her friends say about its stability? Was SM expressing a wish to return to Indiana to be with her support network after the second bout with cancer?
  • <modsnip>
  • What about the technology used in the search? What are its capabilities and limitations?
I am sure you can come up with more. LS seems to be the kind of reporter who won't give up on this story as long as she and her editors see public interest in questions she can answer. Maybe the WS group's best contribution to solving the case will be to give her avenues to explore, and support going after them.
Was there more work to be done at the Salida jobsite after Saturday?

Was the bobcat being used at the Salida worksite, the bobcat depicted in photos of the family home with yellow tape tied to it? If not, does BM own 2 or was one rented and from where?

When BM contacted his workers on Monday, did anyone ask him where the tools were or how they should proceed? They talked about the brick delivery, they had to know they didn't have the right tools to do the job at that point.

Who contacted the client to tell them the Broomfield project would not be completed as planned?

I was typing a long post but couldn't post it because the thread closed. lol!

I hope it is ok to post it here.

@SeattleStew I was quoting you. You made such a good point!

SeattleStew stated "Also, regarding the two men in Salida that approached MG. In the LS interview she specifically says "Two men approached her, one a friend of Barry's, and one a family member."

Ok....... Just so I have this right.

°Tuesday morning BM called MG crying, telling her a moutain lion killed his wife etc.

°Tuesday morning MG and crew came back to Salida, after waiting for bricks that never arrived.

°Tuesday, two days after SM became missing 2 men approach her, one a friend of Barry's, and one a family member. (Boy that was fast).

°MG hadn't been paid yet. These 2 men talk to her about her check, hush money and the right she has not to turn over her phone. (And whatever else they talked about that she's not telling LS).

°At some point MG is interviewed by LE and gives them her phone. (Interviewed a total of 5 times).

°MG refuses to do a polygraph.

°Sounds like to retaliate BM fires MG.

°Sounds like MG retaliated and gives a public interview and rats out BM.

°Sounds like BM retaliates and called Luaren S. and calls MG a meth head.

Why didnt Barry ask them to come back and help search for SM?

MG never tells us she was paid or not.
One little correction @Warwick7 . It was Monday at 8:00 am when BM called MG crying.

As far as why he didn’t ask her and the other 2 employees to come back and search, I’m thinking that because his whole alibi was being in Broomfield setting up a job, he needed there to still be the “ appearance “ of a job going on up there. Also, he might not have wanted people who know him best in his face, seeing his demeanor and asking questions. JMO he wanted to keep them at a distance.
BM had a WHOLE lot of people to answer to once that 911 call was made.
EBM to fix typos

My post in the last thread about my drive to the hotel in Broomfield yesterday may have been lost. I just can't get it out of my mind today. When I was there, I was looking around trying to figure out why this hotel? While the name conjures "cheap" hotel this one is in a very nice new area with more budget friendly options closer to the highway. The townhomes that are surrounding the hotels on that new block appear to be very upscale. They are building out retail now and there is a coffeeshop next door and a quick walk through the parking lot is a Land Rover dealership. We know the family owned a couple of them. In a search there are 7 dealerships in the state. The closest to Salida is the dealership in Colorado Springs, which we heard for weeks BM's job was but what if he had to change his first version of his story last minute because that dealership couldn't do what he needed? He drove a car that needed maybe some interior work done before LE saw it that could only be replaced at a dealership and Broomfield was the one that could do it? He needed a place to put the tools he had in the back so he grabbed a hotel room next door, cleaned his tools and cooked up a plan about a job that needed to be done in Broomfield for a year but right now was the time to get it done. It was always about the bike but maybe it was to distract from the car that had not been back in the garage very long. All of this is JMO. And my trying to figure out why THAT hotel it doesn't make sense.

I agree. Out of all of Colorado, Broomfield sticks out like a sore thumb. Is it because it’s new and feels like a big box town and every place has cameras? A good place to be seen during your alibi?

Is it the furthest job BM has ever had from Mayesville?

Or is there a business there that means something? Does that Range Rover do a complementary interior cleaning at any time? Some high end car brands offer all sorts of bells and whistles.

Wow. Very very interesting about the dealership. Reminds me that I’ve never understood the @ProfilingEvil guys cryptic comments about the 2 Range Rovers in the driveway. Thanks for checking out the area.

A
Wow. Very very interesting about the dealership. Reminds me that I’ve never understood the @ProfilingEvil guys cryptic comments about the 2 Range Rovers in the driveway. Thanks for checking out the area.

I have always thought two stories got mixed up here on Websleuths. In another P/E show they talked about the neighbor seeing Ranger Rovers in the garage, and they did belong to the Morphews. Next I recall someone said boy...I thought they said last time they were in the driveway...

I could have this totally wrong. I do think the Morphews cars were in the garage...and there were two others in the driveway that belonged to Barry's firefighter friends. Which would mean the friends were looking before the neighbor "discovered" the missing bike per Barry's request. OR Barry had his buddies check also for the bike and knew darn well when he asked the neighbor to check it was just to enhance his alibi. We also heard the neighbor was asked to check twice. I wonder if the cars were there in the driveway both times, or is that what P/E was going for? If the cars were there or for that matter if he knew his buddies were on their way, Barry should have let the neighbor off the hook . I took it that the neighbor went home in between trips. Andy had mentioned she called from her land line.

Last edited:
So why did C drive to Broomfield by himself? MG and JP drove together. Why did C drive 3+ hours by himself when he regularly works with Mg?
Do we know for sure that he didn't ride with them? If the pic depicting MG and JP is from that job, there must have been another person in the front seat because if there wasn't, why would JP be sitting in the backseat?

A

I have always thought two stories got mixed up here on Websleuths. In another P/E show they talked about the neighbor seeing Ranger Rovers in the garage, and they did belong to the Morphews. Next I recall someone said boy...I thought they said last time they were in the driveway...

I could have this totally wrong. I do think the Morphews cars were in the garage...and there were two others in the driveway that belonged to Barry's firefighter friends. Which would mean the friends were looking before the neighbor "discovered" the missing bike per Barry's request. OR Barry had his buddies check also for the bike and knew darn well when he asked the neighbor to check it was just to enhance his alibi. We also heard the neighbor was asked to check twice. I wonder if the cars were there in the driveway both times, or is that what P/E was going for? If the cars were there Barry should have let the neighbor off the hook. I took it that the neighbor went home in between trips. Andy had mentioned she called from her land line.
According to the PE guys, Barry asked the neighbor to check if the two cars were there. The neighbor checked, went back to her house, called BM and said the cars were there. He then asked her to check to see if the bike was there and she called him back and said it was not.

I think the reason it was confusing was because at first the PE guys said the cars were in the driveway and that neither one belonged to Barry. I don't think they knew at that point who they belonged to but it was later clarified that they were in the garage and both were Suzanne's.

IMO

I apologize if a fellow WS'er has posted this. We are driving to Colorado to help in the search. This arrived today, our first communication regarding the search.

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for volunteering to help with the search for my sister Suzanne. I’m sorry information is slow in coming but we are so busy trying to get everything organized. I’ll be on Profiling Evil tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to update Mike, Chris and you. Then, I will get information emailed out to you by September 17th. Much of the organization will occur onsite on the 24th but know that we are putting together search teams. The decision by the sheriff’s office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigations is welcomed. We need their direction.

My thanks to Chris McDonough and Mike King of Profiling Evil for allowing me to use their website to allow you to sign up. We’ll post information there as well as reaching out through email. Visit www.ProfilingEvil.com

Thanks for your goodness and your sacrifice of time in helping us bring Suzanne home.

Andy Moorman

Sent through Profiling Evil

www.ProfilingEvil.com

https://www.youtube.com/ProfilingEvil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics