Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if a fellow WS'er has posted this. We are driving to Colorado to help in the search. This arrived today, our first communication regarding the search.

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for volunteering to help with the search for my sister Suzanne. I’m sorry information is slow in coming but we are so busy trying to get everything organized. I’ll be on Profiling Evil tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to update Mike, Chris and you. Then, I will get information emailed out to you by September 17th. Much of the organization will occur onsite on the 24th but know that we are putting together search teams. The decision by the sheriff’s office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigations is welcomed. We need their direction.

My thanks to Chris McDonough and Mike King of Profiling Evil for allowing me to use their website to allow you to sign up. We’ll post information there as well as reaching out through email. Visit www.ProfilingEvil.com

Thanks for your goodness and your sacrifice of time in helping us bring Suzanne home.

Andy Moorman

Sent through Profiling Evil

www.ProfilingEvil.com

https://www.youtube.com/ProfilingEvil
My heart breaks for Andy. He seems like a class act.

I apologize if a fellow WS'er has posted this. We are driving to Colorado to help in the search. This arrived today, our first communication regarding the search.

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for volunteering to help with the search for my sister Suzanne. I’m sorry information is slow in coming but we are so busy trying to get everything organized. I’ll be on Profiling Evil tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to update Mike, Chris and you. Then, I will get information emailed out to you by September 17th. Much of the organization will occur onsite on the 24th but know that we are putting together search teams. The decision by the sheriff’s office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigations is welcomed. We need their direction.

My thanks to Chris McDonough and Mike King of Profiling Evil for allowing me to use their website to allow you to sign up. We’ll post information there as well as reaching out through email. Visit www.ProfilingEvil.com

Thanks for your goodness and your sacrifice of time in helping us bring Suzanne home.

Andy Moorman

www.ProfilingEvil.com

I would like to say, as a fellow WSer, it's an honor to be among those here who have been able to sign up to help with the search AM is organizing. Volunteering your time and your skills like this is just such a blessing. Thank you. :)

Truth be known, we have no clue what the investigators have been doing. IMO, as it should be. Perhaps, they never cleared that place? How would we know? Have I missed something?

MOO.

Well, AM specifically said that the police used working dogs at the Morphew home but that the dogs did not find anything. There is, of course, the possibility that investigators misinformed AM, either intentionally or accidentally. However, taking the statement on its face, it would tend to indicate that dogs were employed but that they found no meaningful evidence.

From the previous thread @enelram said: ..except WHY was rear stone walkway cordoned off with crime tape at the home?
I'm thinking there were either drag marks or dogs hit on that spot.

Does anyone recall how far away the large outdoor hot tub was from the rear stone walkway? Wondering if she could’ve been drown in the hot tub and then drug across the stone walkway?

ETA: And then the hot tub was treated with chlorine afterward?

JMO

Last edited:
Well, AM specifically said that the police used working dogs at the Morphew home but that the dogs did not find anything. There is, of course, the possibility that investigators misinformed AM, either intentionally or accidentally. However, taking the statement on its face, it would tend to indicate that dogs were employed but that they found no meaningful evidence.
I think the question was in regard to the beach jobsite. The OP asked if LE searched and "cleared" it, can they go back again? They can search there again if they obtain another warrant like they did for the home, correct? If they uncover new information that leads them to believe they will find something there?

Do we know for sure that he didn't ride with them? If the pic depicting MG and JP is from that job, there must have been another person in the front seat because if there wasn't, why would JP be sitting in the backseat?
Shortest passenger usually ends up in the back seat. Maybe they were going to pick up CC next. Just a thought, if it is that day.

I think the question was in regard to the beach jobsite. The OP asked if LE searched and "cleared" it, can they go back again? They can search there again if they obtain another warrant like they did for the home, correct? If they uncover new information that leads them to believe they will find something there?

Ah, OK. Yes, police technically don't need a warrant to search the "beach" jobsite: if the property owner gives consent, that would be sufficient. If the K9 then indicated on a certain area of the "beach" site, then detectives could use that fact in a probable cause affidavit to obtain a search warrant.

Thought they were talking about the house with a beach area?

@PaulaDC - “That attitude change is what makes me feel they missed finding her at the job site. Pacing and looking out the window suddenly stopped too. Remember they have no evidence against him he said......he thinks.”
I didn’t know how to quote your post from the last thread so I had to copy/paste.

BBM I agree. I think they may have missed something at the concrete job site.
BM seems anxious and upset about comments made by MG, JP, and DM (cheap hotel article) but he doesn’t appear to be worried about much else. He got the temp and permanent guardianships, sold IN home, bought a lot, moved to a condo, goes to the gym, enters push-up contests, grills outside and doesn’t appear to be the least bit interested or worried about the upcoming search for Suzanne. Is this because Suzanne’s body is buried under that concrete slab? GPR isn’t foolproof and I wish they would have dug up the entire slab. MOO

Do we know for sure that he didn't ride with them? If the pic depicting MG and JP is from that job, there must have been another person in the front seat because if there wasn't, why would JP be sitting in the backseat?

MG had her phone set so that it reversed the image. In this Daily Mail article, there is a photo of her from the Lauren Scharf interview which shows her hair parted on one side of her head, positioned next to her selfie taken in the car, with the part of the opposite side. Also, if you look closely, her two front teeth are set slightly to one side of her mouth. As a final check, look at the hardhat which clearly says "DSI" reversed. That must be JP's headgear.
In the selfie with JP in the back seat, (which is also reversed) she is clearly driving, and he is on the rear passenger side. IMO
Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online

@PaulaDC - “That attitude change is what makes me feel they missed finding her at the job site. Pacing and looking out the window suddenly stopped too. Remember they have no evidence against him he said......he thinks.”
I didn’t know how to quote your post from the last thread so I had to copy/paste.

BBM I agree. I think they may have missed something at the concrete job site.
BM seems anxious and upset about comments made by MG, JP, and DM (cheap hotel article) but he doesn’t appear to be worried about much else. He got the temp and permanent guardianships, sold IN home, bought a lot, moved to a condo, goes to the gym, enters push-up contests, grills outside and doesn’t appear to be the least bit interested or worried about the upcoming search for Suzanne. Is this because Suzanne’s body is buried under that concrete slab? GPR isn’t foolproof and I wish they would have dug up the entire slab. MOO

That’s where I am too. I’m concerned that Suzanne was missed there somehow. I had followed a missing persons case where a kid registered for college, attended orientation, got his ID and then went missing. His ID was found on the road by the campus. They found footage of him at the school, the last ping of his phone was on campus. They searched with dogs, who did not pick up a scent. Extensive searches were undertaken. 33 days later, he was found in a cornfield across from the college, where he had committed suicide. It was said that car exhaust may have thrown off the dogs’ ability to scent, and the cornfields obscured the view and the earlier grid search.

MG had her phone set so that it reversed the image. In this Daily Mail article, there is a photo of her from the Lauren Scharf interview which shows her hair parted on one side of her head, positioned next to her selfie taken in the car, with the part of the opposite side. Also, if you look closely, her two front teeth are set slightly to one side of her mouth. As a final check, look at the hardhat which clearly says "DSI" reversed. That must be JP's headgear.
In the selfie with JP in the back seat, (which is also reversed) she is clearly driving, and he is on the rear passenger side. IMO
Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online

In my opinion, Barry was not in that car. However, I don’t think that MG was playing chauffeur with JP in the back seat alone, and no one else in the front. Hopefully to be discussed at some future time.

From the previous thread @enelram said: ..except WHY was rear stone walkway cordoned off with crime tape at the home?

Does anyone recall how far away the large outdoor hot tub was from the rear stone walkway? Wondering if she could’ve been drown in the hot tub and then drug across the stone walkway?

ETA: And then the hot tub was treated with chlorine afterward?

JMO

If it’s the same hot tub shown on this realtor site, it was right next to the house. Not sure how far that is to the stone walkway, perhaps someone can tell from the aerial view photos.

7.72 acres in Chaffee County, Colorado

I’ve been patiently watching and waiting on this case. I still don’t know what he was pacing and watching out the windows for. That was my first indication of guilt. What is he waiting for? LE to roll up and take him away? I have nothing more to add but this was from the first few days in and I thought for sure that’s what he was thinking too as he looked out the window. He knew, we know. It’s a matter of time.

"Dear Friend,

Andy Moorman

www.ProfilingEvil.com

THANK YOU FOR TAKING PART IN THE SEARCH!!! YOU ROCK!!

We will all be there in spirit rooting you all on.

That’s where I am too. I’m concerned that Suzanne was missed there somehow. I had followed a missing persons case where a kid registered for college, attended orientation, got his ID and then went missing. His ID was found on the road by the campus. They found footage of him at the school, the last ping of his phone was on campus. They searched with dogs, who did not pick up a scent. Extensive searches were undertaken. 33 days later, he was found in a cornfield across from the college, where he had committed suicide. It was said that car exhaust may have thrown off the dogs’ ability to scent, and the cornfields obscured the view and the earlier grid search.
Omg that’s horrible. His poor family having to suffer through those days when they knew he was somewhere near or on campus. So sad. :(
Barry seems too relaxed about the whole thing. He’s buying land and doing things that make me think he’s confident her body won’t be found. I think he could have disposed of her body there Saturday night. Here’s one thing I read about GPR, “ GPR can reach depths of 100 feet in low conductivity materials such as dry sand or granite. Moist clays, shale, and other high conductivity materials may absorb GPR signals, greatly decreasing the depth of penetration to 3 feet or less”.
I don’t know if concrete is a high conductivity material but I just wish they would have searched under the entire slab. MOO

In my opinion, Barry was not in that car. However, I don’t think that MG was playing chauffeur with JP in the back seat alone, and no one else in the front. Hopefully to be discussed at some future time.

BM left Broomfield at around 5:45 on Sunday, arriving at the CR 225 turnoff of Hwy 50 at 9:00 pm on Sunday May 10. Both MG and JP said they did not arrive in Broomfield until after BM had left, and stayed until Tuesday, May 12 and then returned to Salida. MG said she has not talked to BM at all since the call in which he was crying and said he had a "family emergency". The communication that she was fired presumably came to her from the "two men".
I think it's a safe guess that BM was not in the same vehicle as MG and JP at any time that entire three days.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members