Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank
Another rabbit hole @Birmingplumb! Client may have been Regional Transportation District (RTD) but BM could have been a sub of a sub. It is not clear what name he does business under in CO. I couldn't locate anything in the CO Secretary of State's database that I could link to him.
https://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do
MOO
Nice - I just learned how to search and came up with thread 32# post #956 by Dalgliesh ( search term "Broomfield" ) which shows 4 photos of a wall at FlatIron station - 10 ft high cement- so throws cloud on his doing that big of job or the story about "brick" needed -since it looks all cement- I then went to the public search site I linked and tried Sunset Farms as dba or his name and cannot find any license or permits pulled. Therefore RTD needs to be at a minimum contacted via missile-(fax) -and ask about a freedom of info request for the usual suspect , and challenged on their mis-use of public funds through the state rep for Broomfield for starters. No permit-no license etc public funds what kinda outfit you running son in law?

Thank

Nice - I just learned how to search and came up with thread 32# post #956 by Dalgliesh ( search term "Broomfield" ) which shows 4 photos of a wall at FlatIron station - 10 ft high cement- so throws cloud on his doing that big of job or the story about "brick" needed -since it looks all cement- I then went to the public search site I linked and tried Sunset Farms as dba or his name and cannot find any license or permits pulled. Therefore RTD needs to be at a minimum contacted via missile-(fax) -and ask about a freedom of info request for the usual suspect , and challenged on their mis-use of public funds through the state rep for Broomfield for starters. No permit-no license etc public funds what kinda outfit you running son in law?

I'm useless when it comes to construction. But JP, in his interview with Lauren, described how the work was to be done. He described it in a way that you may be able to understand and determine what the job was. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Still interested in knowing who changed the dates for the job, the client or BM. That they had changed got my attention and if I am remembering correctly, we learned from a different source that the dates for the camping trip had also been changed. Does anyone else remember that?
If this is the case, that would fall in line with what I suspect, as I lean towards SM's demise being premeditated.

Permits for Muni, State, or Federal Project? RTD?
@Birmingplumb
Glad for all the knowledge of construction/contractors/builders shared here.

Just crossed my mind - for muni, st, or fed projects, would permit procedures be the same as for private or commercial projects, so the office which issues permits would have same/similar online records and inspections?
What about for the Reg'l Trans Dist?
Of course, ^ azz-umes BM's Broomfield area work was an actual job, not a figment of BM's imagination shared w three other ppl.
I've missed or forgotten who said RTD. Source/link, anyone?
Daily mail? I think said rtd. Search Brookfield you'll find it at oldest of 22 pages maybe sept 3rd around then. To your question on permits-- I can recall it being constant except for school construction which have a pass- in the California and Michigan codes its standard language-"All buildings and structures shall have a occupancy permit before occupied " as well as "all work shall be performed by a licensed contractor". The principal of all codes ( I weld inspector as well or was one once upon a time....is to protect the health and safety of the public...that is in the topic paragraph of OSHA as well as the plumbing /building codes...so if the spirit and intent is crystal clear....No argument can be successfully made on a certain issue such as a exemption from being licence even if granted by Denver , and deemed proper on appeal, if the spirit and intent is ignored....everything works this way it seems. So it don't matter for who the wall was built...somebody is held responsible to do it right and protect the public and these clowns admit they screwed it up, geeze trying to get away from code stuff and end up here , God sure has a plan for me. Motown

I know we have debated this back and forth, but I was peeved from the beginning about LE’s request for everybody to save footage so that it could be picked up at LE’s leisure. The day they said it, I thought that it was either a message to whomever or they were doing it wrong. Simple folk should not be expected to thumb drive stuff or have a huge amount of storage so it doesn’t get written over. I would rather they have asked to email to a box if they were unable to preserve the footage, or give them a call. I guess they didn’t need it, as some have suggested. I still would have liked to see Barry at Poncha Market to see exactly what he was doing there-and by I, I mean anyone directly involved in the case. Opportunity missed.

You're 100% correct. It would've been simple for CCSO to create a central site (a Google Form or JotForm, for instance) where one could upload the MP4, MOV, or other file type along with providing contact information (address, phone, email) for purposes of (a) authentication and (b) chain of custody, both which would be necessary at trial.

It is in the interview with MG and LS.
I didnt catch the minute mark.

She doesn't actually say what day those two approached her or what day she turned over her phone to CBI (and I was hoping she did, because that would at least give us a solid point on the timeline):

04:49
gentile said she and puckett packed up
on tuesday and returned to salida
and the investigation into suzanne's
disappearance was well underway
she remembers being approached by two
men a friend of berries and one of his
family members who told her
we would give you your paycheck but we
don't want it to look like hush hush money
and like you have rights but you don't
have to give cbi your phone
gentile says she did cooperate with most
of what investigators asked she says she
interviewed with them five
times and turned over her phone but she
declined a polygraph

Bumping this for Birmingplumb. JP interview.
Thanks for making me watch it---Morgan flippant- I question her not wanting to "bother " usual suspect because the brick did not arrive with a simple phone call. She seemed to be running things if true. IMO I also question just she and the usual suspect were scheduled to fix the wall initially in April. I wonder if she built the wall -very hard to figure her role out ..She seemed short on the rescheduling ...but she seems to talk that way, she even did some different voices at end and Barry seemed to have southern accent in one of his replies. Common to act out another character type and add color?

Last edited:
Still interested in knowing who changed the dates for the job, the client or BM. That they had changed got my attention and if I am remembering correctly, we learned from a different source that the dates for the camping trip had also been changed. Does anyone else remember that?

This is the first I've heard of this.

Thank

We don't have any confirmation that the retaining wall in those pics, was the actual jobsite they were supposed to have been at. AFAIK, the physical address of the jobsite was never mentioned in any MSM or LE statement.

I’m sorry. I wish I knew. I keep thinking LE must have the GPS data, cell phone data, misleading statements, statements recently from coworkers
They do. I'm sure they do. The issue I have is that I can't "assume" that the GPS data and cell phone data is going to show he lied to LE. On the contrary it is as easy to assume that it does line up with his story - then it becomes far, far more complicated which is what I personally think is the point LE is at. And they can't build a case on conjecture that they were having bumps in their marriage...lots of people have rocky times and they don't end up killing each other.

"I've heard" or "I read" without a link though, so we have no idea where this came from.
I'm fairly certain it wasn't MSM, or we'd have ALL been talking about it long before now.
I think we need to chalk this up to rumor, until or unless it's documented as fact with a source link to back it up.

Mid-life crisis for sure! The geographic (move), coloring his hair, hanging out with younger companions, that wild at heart bs.....

MOO
The gym and all his firefighter buddies who -I’m going to guess- were younger than him? If a chain of events began Friday I would love to know who was communicating with who and when- specifically did he call his momma? And what was he doing Friday night at the work site ?

jmo

But 99% of websleuthers are convinced and we don’t even know half of what LE knows. I don’t think BM and his attorney are going to be able to create enough doubt, but maybe I’m missing something. What’s BM got for a jury that he hasn’t shown us already?

JMO
IMO not much but even a hint of doubt can be construed as reasonable by a juror. The State has to be sure they have a solid case.

Hello All, sorry I haven’t contributed lately. Have been off the grid on a long planned road trip. Due to COVID, most accommodations are backwoods cabins with no cell service or internet. When I do manage to get online, it’s mostly to check mail, messages, and to pay bills. Then, if I am lucky, I try to catch up with this case. I can’t believe how much new info has come out in the last couple of weeks. I dared not make any comments until I read all the threads. To keep myself occupied, I fiddled with the timeline of just Saturday and Sunday, May 9th and 10th. I did this based on the facts that we have as of now from LE and MSM. Because my background is in Intelligence and analysis, it is always easier for me to “see” a timeline in black and white so I can visualize how things happen chronologically and to also see where there are holes that need to be plugged. When I started out, we used to draw these out by hand. Now you just have to plug in the data and the computer draws it for you.

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
BM & MG at Salida Dig Site (see below) working on the beach area

11:00 a.m.:
BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. It is not known how long BM stayed at the site after MG left.

12:30 p.m. :
SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
BM contacts JP and hires him for a Bloomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting.
MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. Unverified

11:30 p.m.:
A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. According to MG, he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is where BM and MG were working on Saturday morning.

Sunday 5/10/20

5:00 a.m.:
BM allegedly leaves SM sleeping and heads to a job in Bloomfield, CO approximately 3 hours from his home in Maysville. The job allegedly consists of a repair to a wall that BM had completed the previous September and that had structural problems.

A.M. Exact time unknown:
BM checks into the HIE in Bloomfield.
According to MG, BM contacts her and asks her to get a crew together to head to Broomfield for the job. MG stated that BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life. ?

5:46 p.m.:
SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
BM started home to Maysville.

After 6:00 exact time unknown:
JP, MG, and a third worker arrived at the HIE in Broomfield. It is not clear if all 3 travelled together. JP and MG both report that there was an intense smell of chlorine in the room and several wet towels on the floor. JP stated that it looked like someone had laid down on the bed, on top of the bedspread. MG stated that the bed looked like it had been slept in and remade.

BM let workers know that he had left for a family emergency and that they were on their own. Workers allegedly found some of BM’s tools in a “hotel cart”. MG stated they looked like a bunch of tools from the back of BM’s truck. Both JP and MG indicated they had neither the correct tools nor the materials to do the job.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
LE arrives at the Morphew home where they are met by the neighbor who reportedly told them that SM had not returned from a bike ride.

LE begins a search.

Sometime before 9:00 p.m. :
LE allegedly finds SM’s bike down a hill about a quarter of a mile from her home. (Never verified by LE). There is no sign of SM. The Morphew home is allegedly sealed off.

Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
BM arrives home.

Would be interested in seeing if anyone has any corrections or additions they’d like to add.

Welcome back, I was wondering where you were! Excellent post, you’ve done your homework.

The only thing I have to add is JMO, I think the wall job was BM’s cover and the whole reason he had his crew sent there. Makes me think it was premeditated, if only a day before. I think greed and ego were his motives. Assuming he recently found out that Suzanne wanted a divorce, he wouldn’t let his bank account or ego take that hit.

Praying that Andy’s army will find Suzanne!

Kudos to the members willing to give their own time and energy. Y’all are amazing!!

Yes. Did he do something on Friday that left the beach mucked up? Like bury his wife? That throws our time line way off, by a whole day. But MG does state that she thought that he was acting weird about the beach area Saturday morning. If she was picking up weird vibes, it could have been he was upset about something else, tho, and she wrongly assumed it was all about the beach area.

Just imagine for a moment: if that's where Suzanne is buried, what BM must be going thru, since MG gave her interview. Moo
But if SM was killed or disabled on Friday, who was doing all the texting and messaging about a wedding for hours on Saturday? Can't have been BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay