Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to take AM's comments about where and how far out the hiding place is, as being info provided by those LE tracking BM's whereabouts.
No, he can't come out and say directly, "LE told me this", but to me it's the innuendo that someone "in the know" shared this with him.
I just don't believe AM made this stuff up.
I've believed all along he has some great sources
sharing this inside information.
moo
I totally agree, Andy is not pulling this info out of his behind. I even wonder if an FBI agent from the BAU is encouraging the information sharing in case someone makes a really dumb move? Too much to hope for?

Last edited:
I don’t think BM disposed of Suzanne’s body that early. I think he left the house at 5am on Sunday morning for a reason, and the purpose was hiding Suzanne.

I think this time may be a lie though, and I suspect he actually left earlier than that.
He seemed to emphasize that "5 am" too much. I've always thought there is something fishy there. Who says they left at exactly 5 am? On a Sunday. That's what you say on a work day when you have to beat the traffic.

I don’t think BM disposed of Suzanne’s body that early. I think he left the house at 5am on Sunday morning for a reason, and the purpose was hiding Suzanne.

I think this time may be a lie though, and I suspect he actually left earlier than that.
What do you think about his taking that time, evidently Saturday, to dig a grave, then returning after dark or early in the morning to finish the job?

What do you think about his taking that time, evidently Saturday, to dig a grave, then returning after dark or early in the morning to finish the job?
I think it’s possible, but unlikely.

That doubles the risk, and increases the odds that law enforcement would have found Suzanne by now.

I think he did this all in one go.

I've suspected he specifically said 5am is when he left his house, to account for the time he showed up on surveillance at the hotel. See? All acounted for. Alibi box, checked.

AM's 3-ish hour window though, really does have me wondering.

NASAR is the best source - Home - NASAR

Best way to mitigate is to search the same area more than once using a different team each time.
Thank you for sharing your expertise!!

This makes sense - the area the personal item was found in, according to Andy. Had already been searched by LE (not sure that's 100% accurate) and his team. From what I understand, it was in a third search by LE the item was found.

Last edited:
Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down

"My sister was murdered," Moorman said. "And she was hidden within a three-and-a-half-hour window. So that — I can draw a circle on that and tell you she's within that circle. And that's what I know happened."

This is so damn intriguing, and it tells me that LE has (at least) a pretty solid picture of the timeline here. That 3.5 hour window is specific. My guess is BM had his phone off during this period.

Makes sense. How does his vehicle EVI data fit in with this or does it? LE told Andy the EVI doesn't match what Barry told them ...

I wonder how many of BM's buddies have volunteered for the upcoming searches?

I also wonder whether anyone closely associated with BM has been told, "Thanks, but no thanks," in response to signing up to participate in the searches.

I have some concerns about the potential for evidence being intentionally destroyed/disappeared.

JMO.

Last edited:

Again, this makes sense. He would have staged the bike and cleaned up the house before leaving to hide her body and head to Broomfield.

"My sister was murdered," Moorman said. "And she was hidden within a three-and-a-half-hour window. So that — I can draw a circle on that and tell you she's within that circle. And that's what I know happened."

This is so damn intriguing, and it tells me that LE has (at least) a pretty solid picture of the timeline here. That 3.5 hour window is specific. My guess is BM had his phone off during this period.
I agree with the timing being so specific. It could very well be the phone or maybe that GPS data?

Something provided that time frame, and I’m dying to know what it is!

Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down
I wander way off the road while doing my hobby, I bring all of the above plus an orange space blanket to wave at rescuers or hang on the tripod in case I'm out of phone coverage, and maybe I will have broken my leg. Plus a mirror for signaling, and matches.

Last edited:
3.5 hours
Friday largely unaccounted for, until Salida jobsite

Saturday, working with MC at Salida jobsite, 8am to 11am.

Window of opportunity from 11:30 until whatever time he met up with JP

Potential shopping...

Window of opportunity from time of meeting with JP until 11:40 at Salida jobsite IF it occurred on Saturday and IF it was him.

Another window of opportunity after midnight....

All day Sunday, big window.

I think he used the cover of darkness. Midnight to 5 am, plus or minus.

JMO

Makes sense. How does his vehicle EVI data fit in with this or does it? LE told Andy the EVI doesn't match what Barry told them ...
That’s a huge unanswered question. In the Stauch case, this information (she had a Volkswagen) showed the location of the vehicle, and the time the vehicle was there. It even told the FBI how long the vehicle was stopped.

So I’m not sure why they don’t have a pretty specific location where Suzanne’s body may be. Because even if Barry turned his phone off, that EVI should be enough.

It’s of course possible that BM used a different vehicle, and returned home to pick up his truck before leaving for his “job.”

Or maybe there are limitations to this technology that we’re not aware of.

I’d love to know the answer to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member