Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
That is a lot of ifs.
Contamination of scenes might not be a common occurrence but it has occurred, so there should be no surprise with IF questioning.
And yes, it would be a shame if some evidence was destroyed early on. However, we should also look at it another way. LE arrives on a scene with a blank slate when they are called. At the beginning, they take what they are being told at face value. When LE arrived at the Morphew home, they were told that SM had not returned from a bike ride. They had no reason, at this time not to believe it. What if it was your child, wife, husband, parent, who had gone missing while on a bike ride? Would you not want LE out scouring the area? Protection of life is always the first priority. Continuing on with the narrative, as the search spread out along the road/trails where SM usually rode, someone spotted the bike down that steep incline. I’m quite sure that LE did scramble down there. I’m sure that when she wasn’t found right near the bike, they spread out in a radius around the bike to make sure she wasn’t laying in the area injured, incapacitated , or dead.

Irrelevant whether or not SM actually rode the bike or not. The fact the bike was discovered at an unusual location and position (down a steep embankment and on its side) alongside a road is a red flag condition (possible accident).

1st officer observes the bike scene to determine if the person who is assumed to have been riding the bike is also down the embankment alongside or in close proximity to the bike. Call out: anyone down there? Are you alright? Response or no response. No visual.

Determine best method to arrive to scene down the embankment without much disruption or determine if safer method to arrive to bike. I believe the roadbed turns a 90 within 100-150 feet or so from the top of the embankment location to where the roadbed is lower and meets the lower level of the ravine. There is an easy access into the ravine that provides easy path access to the bike location. If multiple officers are set to search the ravine each should enter along the same path then spread away from the bike as possible.

2nd officer observes along the road bed, both directions, looking for rider (since no response from the ravine) and for road indication of an accident: skid or drag marks and other notable disruption.

2nd or 3rd officer: time to restrict or at least limit foot and vehicle traffic in the immediate area/top of the embankment. Secure the broader scene. There is no immediate need to retrieve the bike. No need to have multiple LE stomping through the top/along of the embankment.
Would you have not wanted LE to do the same for your family member? Do you know that the bike was not fingerprinted and photographed before it was brought back up to the road?
We don't know, that's why there are IF's in my post. But we do have claim from BM's second-hand info regarding how officers on scene allegedly responded: "This isn't CSI."
I’m sure it probably did take several officers to get the bike up to the road. It may have then been examined then to determine if there was a mechanical issue with the bike.
Perhaps that is when some doubts began to form as to what really happened to SM.

In the meantime, CCSO within hours brought in both the North and South Chaffee County SAR teams and canine search dogs from the local DOC facility.
LE’s first priority in those early hours was to find SM. Shame on them if it wasn’t.

Several threads ago, I stated that I thought BM may have hidden SM’s body somewhere between Johnson Village and Antero Junction off 285 between Maysville and Broomfield.
Johnson Village is approximately 28 miles from Maysville.
Antero Junction is approximately 41 miles from Maysville. BM would pass 2 gas stations as he made the right turn on 285 at Johnson Village. He would not pass another gas station until he reached Fairplay another 22 miles up the road from Antero Junction.
Did LE pick up video footage of BM traversing this area? How long did it take for BM to travel between these locations? Did vehicular or cell data show any stops along this road?
This stretch of road is very rugged and rural and has numerous county roads leading deep into the wilderness.
There is also the large Antero Reservoir just past Antero Junction on the way to Fairplay.
If digital data shows that BM took the appropriate time to travel through this area, perhaps it can be ruled out as a possible disposal area. If SM’s body was disposed of closer to Maysville then it is still possible important evidence could have been hidden here.
It will be interesting to see how dispersed the various search teams will be.

Attachments

• CE66C56B-5CA0-4600-B8A5-16C8D732C3D4.jpeg
    CE66C56B-5CA0-4600-B8A5-16C8D732C3D4.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 65
Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down
and please do prepare yourself for what you may find - I remember feeling a sense of awe when we were put in our teams to search for Caylee - it's very emotional (it was for me anyway)
many thanks to our sleuthers who are able to search -
JMO

I am very sad that we now know TN was one of the 2 people who spoke to MG about not turning over her phone. You (and others) were skeptical from the beginning..I'm not good at this. :(

BBM:

Actually, all it means is that you're a decent, good person who has some measure of faith in humankind.

I can't tell you how glad I am that you and others like you are participating here on SM's thread.

It gives a cynic like me some measure of hope.

It's a gift. Thank you for being here!

JMO.

A mother goes missing on Mother’s Day. That alone is going to generate media attention.

His biggest mistake though was staging it as a bike ride. You have a low risk victim riding a bike in a well-to-do low crime area, and she’s apparently abducted in broad daylight.

You want a national story? Because that’s how you get a national story.

What a dope.

I think that staged bike is what will hang him in the end.

1. Attitude reflects leadership. There is some awesome amazing leadership with this.

2. They are going to be driven on finding her. Their minds and their bodies will be telling them they can rest later. They will be bent on finding her!

IMO - #2 can get folks into trouble, especially during an outdoor physical activity such as hiking if their body is telling them hold up and they keep going. This raises your risk of injury from fatigue and even your ability to be alert. I'm sure these folks will be told to pay attention to their bodies and not overdo it, regardless of their drive to find SM.

Folks may notice Park Rangers making small talk with passing hikers sometimes "great weather today - where are you headed?", "what mountain are you headed to?". One of the reasons they do this, IMO, is to honestly check on the person to make sure they are not in any sort of trouble health wise, not lost, etc.

I’m prayerful and hopeful you and this search army will find the necessary elements for an arrest and conviction and justice for SUZANNE.

Actually, I believe SHE will be found.

Try not to spend any energy being annoyed at the horrible husband, as we all know why he cannot be bothered to “look” for SUZANNE. Be your determined self.

I’m so disappointed I couldn’t make the trip to help. So, please, every now and again, as you are searching, stop, and look up, look back, look around, see your surroundings with a different eye. Listen to the whispers on the wind, and to those of us here, encouraging you three and our other WS friends in this endeavor.

Be safe and stay well.

Well now we find out from BM that what caring people are doing and going out of their way to do is just part of some stunt!

I have to take AM's comments about where and how far out the hiding place is, as being info provided by those LE tracking BM's whereabouts.
No, he can't come out and say directly, "LE told me this", but to me it's the innuendo that someone "in the know" shared this with him.
I just don't believe AM made this stuff up.
I've believed all along he has some great sources
sharing this inside information.
moo
And did we just read that AM does not know all that the FBI knows but that he knows a bunch of it. My intuition tells me the FBI filled him in.

Unless I have my information wrong.

I also don’t want to sound pessimistic but if a lot of the searchers are from Indiana I don’t know how well they will handle the terrain. Colorado is rugged. But I hold out some hope nonetheless .

Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down

They need to be prepared for Indiana searchers to experience altitude sickness. Alexandria, IN is at less than 1000 feet elevation and the searchers are likely to be hiking at above 8000 feet. Even the most fit of them may be susceptible.

I hope the search provides everyone (at least the non-locals) with warnings of the symptoms of altitude sickness and information about how to both prevent and respond to it.

IMO-
Poor befuddled BM is getting finger pointed around town and he doesn't like it.

Plus, who'd want to hire him to work on your project? And how desperate are employees who would now work for him and be called all kinds of names after he doesn't pay you?

Every bit of PR that this search is getting is taken as a slap in the face by the bad boy.

Bad boy, bad boy whatcha gonna do?
I'm thinking after the dam bursts, the locals will start talking.
MOO.

IMO - #2 can get folks into trouble, especially during an outdoor physical activity such as hiking if their body is telling them hold up and they keep going. This raises your risk of injury from fatigue and even your ability to be alert. I'm sure these folks will be told to pay attention to their bodies and not overdo it, regardless of their drive to find SM.

Folks may notice Park Rangers making small talk with passing hikers sometimes "great weather today - where are you headed?", "what mountain are you headed to?". One of the reasons they do this, IMO, is to honestly check on the person to make sure they are not in any sort of trouble health wise, not lost, etc.
That rings so true. When I was younger I lead birding hikes in altitude above 12k feet. I would often say, hey, let's slow down and catch some breath, take a drink, although I really wasn't tired. There is a herd mentality that takes over with larger groups of hikers, no one wants to be the one to say "slow down". Another thing the leaders should decide ahead of time is what to do with/for people who want to turn around or wait for the return of the main group. They should be accompanied or have a "pal" whatever the decision is. Corny as it sounds, they should pal up anyway, always know where your pal is.

I think that staged bike is what will hang him in the end.

That and lately I have really liked the fact those automatic FB friend messages went out.

That is huge to me and I suspect LE is all over that. They will determine exactly when and under what circumstances FB automatically sends those types of messages. Its something that can be proven once LE knows the mechanics of how they get generated and that should provide LE some valuable information about whose phone would do that and the exact time it was done.

It may only be another thing to add to the circumstantial evidence but boy oh boy, that is a huge one to me. Afterall, he has lived with SM for years and just now those automatic friend requests or whatever they were go out? Something sure aint right about that.
JMO

(Sorry if repost)
https://www.foxnews.com/us/volunteer-army-colorado-search-suzanne-morphew
Search for missing mom Suzanne Morphew in Colorado expected to draw hundreds of volunteers
Suzanne Morphew's brother has said he thinks she was murdered

“As many as 700 people may participate in the search, according to The Herald Bulletin. The search is scheduled to last from Sept. 24 to 29.“

"The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation want to support this effort. Although our team is unable to coordinate and lead this effort due to liability issues we want to support this effort in several different ways," Chaffee County Sheriff John A. Spezze said in a statement earlier in September. "We will be staffing our command post with liaison personnel to assist Moorman search members."

Last edited:
That is a lot of ifs. And yes, it would be a shame if some evidence was destroyed early on. However, we should also look at it another way. LE arrives on a scene with a blank slate when they are called. At the beginning, they take what they are being told at face value. When LE arrived at the Morphew home, they were told that SM had not returned from a bike ride. They had no reason, at this time not to believe it. What if it was your child, wife, husband, parent, who had gone missing while on a bike ride? Would you not want LE out scouring the area? Protection of life is always the first priority.
Continuing on with the narrative, as the search spread out along the road/trails where SM usually rode, someone spotted the bike down that steep incline. I’m quite sure that LE did scramble down there. I’m sure that when she wasn’t found right near the bike, they spread out in a radius around the bike to make sure she wasn’t laying in the area injured, incapacitated , or dead. Would you have not wanted LE to do the same for your family member? Do you know that the bike was not fingerprinted and photographed before it was brought back up to the road?
I’m sure it probably did take several officers to get the bike up to the road. It may have then been examined then to determine if there was a mechanical issue with the bike.
Perhaps that is when some doubts began to form as to what really happened to SM.
In the meantime, CCSO within hours brought in both the North and South Chaffee County SAR teams and canine search dogs from the local DOC facility.
LE’s first priority in those early hours was to find SM. Shame on them if it wasn’t.

Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member