Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 285 there is too heavily traveled, you would have to turn off 285. Something like here:

38°51'00.3"N 106°02'34.7"W
38°51'18.9"N 106°01'45.8"W

makes a lot of sense.

Personally I would dig up Barry's entire yard CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32
While I think 285 is probably fairly deserted in the wee hours, I think BM definitely would have taken one of those dirt county roads off the highway to dispose of whatever he wanted to dispose.
I also think you are right in assuming that SM’s body will be found much closer to her home.

I am very sad that we now know TN was one of the 2 people who spoke to MG about not turning over her phone. You (and others) were skeptical from the beginning..I'm not good at this. :(

We don't really know the context of that conversation though, and I think that matters. It's possible one of them made the comment about the "hush money" or the phone in a sort of, off handed attempt at humor (which clearly backfired, if that's the case). Or, it's possible it was said in a threatening way. MG never elaborated on that conversation or those comments, so we can't really know for sure. Just something to keep in mind.

jmo

It also gives me solice knowing that Facebook will be able to provide the IP address for any log in/activity from SM’s profile. That will be easy to match against BM’s phone’s IP address and show a time stamp for when and how many times he accessed her profile on his device(s).

I had a similar thought. The main thing that pulled me to such a dark outcome is that the more I hear BM speak, the more I realize just how evil he really is.
and another grisly similarity to Fotis Dulos-
Dulos grew up in a family who owned a meat processing business- where they butchered cows for meat. Some of us were worried he may have used his skills on his wife's body.

Just as our suspect here has game butchering skills- it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

bbm
Good point !
What do the rest of you here at WS think ?
And if LE found some shreds or broken pieces of cooler, I'll bet they've kept it under wraps.
Just like the other evidence they may have found.

MOO. I’m 100% LE knows SM is deceased, the only thing holding them up from arresting the perp is proof of her demise.

We need the remains or other proof of death, unless BM breaks and confesses.

MOO, Yes, the only explanation for this behavior, is if he knows she is dead, has some insight into who did this, and knows that her body is well hidden; Searching is useless, especially of this type. while this sounds like pointing finger at BM, it’s not.
There remain other options, just not as obvious as the SO type event. IMO

Not as easy to meet probable cause w/o the body, much more time consuming.

If indeed, there are 2 people who saw SM, on Sunday, that does narrow timeline significantly, with regards to BMs ability to switch vehicles, dig and bury, etc.

IMO, this is a statement by BM, that could easily be refuted by LE, so I’m gonna speculate as long as its viable.

At the very least, it indicates a partner, which opens up all sorts of time frames, alibis, electronics, etc.
If SM seen on Sunday MOO it would eliminate BM.
He was in Denver. The HIE will have his check in time, which I think was on Saturday night. Confusing.

Last edited:
That's what the guys at immigration are looking at when they take your passport for a few seconds. But in reality, there are not a lot of places for him to go right now, some countries just aren't letting Americans in, and others require a monitored 14 day quarantine upon entrance. Some just aren't letting anyone in but their own citizens, or green card holders, and even then require a monitored quarantine, meaning you have to check in every day electronically or be seen by local health care workers who actually go to your quarantine hotel or home to make sure you are there. I think Americans trying to run away to foreign countries right now would be easier to find than in any other recent era. JMO.
Could Barry arrange something privately, like a boat charter or a private plane?

Someone brought up a good point the other day.

Whoever did anything with her remains most likely used a vehicle to get close to the location because its not like someone on foot dragged her very far on foot. So wherever she is, it has to be a place that is close to some road or trail where a vehicle of some sort got close.

So I am thinking along the lines of wherever she is has to be pretty close to some vehicle trail. Whether that is a regular automobile dirt road or a smaller trail like an ATV trail or something. I would guess within 50-75 yards of some vehicle access.
JMO

I don’t doubt that BM had those skills, but I do doubt he did anything like that.

Those coolers used for game animals are large, and likely could have easily held Suzanne’s body without any additional steps taken (dismemberment).

That sort of thing is messy, time consuming, and tends to leave tons of evidence behind.

I’m not ruling it out though.
I feel if something like that did happen, it wasn't at the house.

Still thinking about the call out to the evidence recovery team from Monday. PE talked about it in the Monday episode - a searcher named Mike found something that DLR, took some pics and sent to either PE or LE. The ERT came out and picked up whatever it was. No way of knowing if it's relevant to Suzanne or not, but it highlights how a single person out there searching is an invaluable resource. Hoping an ARMY of well organized, targeted, searchers will be successful!

I think her life has been taken, and that hunting skills and knowledge were used to dismember the body, human flesh/muscle can look like animal meat/carcass (according to Dr Richard Shepherd - Forensic Pathologist) this was transported in the cooler - as to the pieces of flesh/muscle - I believe this may have been scattered into the wild as there are carnivorous animals around and would soon be devoured, and right now I feel disgusting and an awful human being for sharing my speculation - I am truly sorry for how horrible this theory is.

SPECULATION ONLY again I am so sorry

also, be sure to check out what kind of hunting/landscaping supplies are around his house or that he ordered online previous to her disappearance. coming from a hunting family, i know there are chemicals out there that eliminate odors and breakdown/bleach animal carcasses/skulls.

oh wait. i bet they won't have access to the house. why not?

MOO, Yes, the only explanation for this behavior, is if he knows she is dead, has some insight into who did this, and knows that her body is well hidden; Searching is useless, especially of this type. while this sounds like pointing finger at BM, it’s not.
There remain other options, just not as obvious as the SO type event. IMO

Not as easy to meet probable cause w/o the body, much more time consuming.

If indeed, there are 2 people who saw SM, on Sunday, that does narrow timeline significantly, with regards to BMs ability to switch vehicles, dig and bury, etc.

IMO, this is a statement by BM, that could easily be refuted by LE, so I’m gonna speculate as long as its viable.

At the very least, it indicates a partner, which opens up all sorts of time frames, alibis, electronics, etc.
Personally, I don't believe 2 people saw SM on Sunday- I don't believe anything that comes out of BM's mouth.

AM has given us a 3.5 hr. window of opportunity to work with- and I do believe AM. I don't think BM had a partner in this crime. BM thought everyone would believe his story, and his employees would verify his alibi. Seems like he failed the work site alibi in both concept and follow through.

I guess it's possible BM could have a partner, but I think he/she would've been found out by now. It's hard to keep a partner quiet - just ask Frazee how that worked out for him! o_O

MOO

While I think 285 is probably fairly deserted in the wee hours, I think BM definitely would have taken one of those dirt county roads off the highway to dispose of whatever he wanted to dispose.
I also think you are right in assuming that SM’s body will be found much closer to her home.
Those dirt roads though make a lot of sense off 285, out of range of any search efforts.

could very well be.... plus we don't know when or if LE chatted w/ any firefighter buddies.
Maybe if the usual suspect was more co-operative and forthcoming in trying to find his
spouse, LE would have welcomed the additional help but obviously they had their reasons and we can only surmise.

If they volunteered to help search the day SM disappeared and were told no, I doubt they'll volunteer again.

I have to wonder if any of BM's buddies or business associates have started to distance themselves yet?

JMO, MOO

Sorry, I'm reading backwards. Have we figured out any specifics about why a stop in messaging would alarm the friend on Saturday? Just curious if there were more info yet.

I would only be worried about a friend abruptly not responding, if the previous message were something alarming. jmo

Sorry, I'm reading backwards. Have we figured out any specifics about why a stop in messaging would alarm the friend on Saturday? Just curious if there were more info yet.

I would only be worried about a friend abruptly not responding, if the previous message were something alarming. jmo
agree- my mind goes to several circumstances that might be scarey for a friend on the other end of the communication.
Maybe things had escalated recently and SM shared the details with her friend.
That friend, IMO, was on high alert, for a reason.

agree- my mind goes to several circumstances that might be scarey for a friend on the other end of the communication.
Maybe things had escalated recently and SM shared the details with her friend.
That friend, IMO, was on high alert, for a reason.

Exactly. I keep thinking, if I received a message like, "I swear I just heard the front door open, but I'm home alone." then, nothing, I would be extremely concerned. Rather than just wedding talk. Hopefully we find out eventually...

I've suspected he specifically said 5am is when he left his house, to account for the time he showed up on surveillance at the hotel. See? All acounted for. Alibi box, checked.

AM's 3-ish hour window though, really does have me wondering.
I agree with you about accounting for the time he showed up on surveillance at the hotel.

Also, I figured he had to eat sometime after such a busy night and probably stopped at McDonald's in Salida on the way out of town Sunday. They open at 5:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin