Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was linked by the other poster. AM's part starts at about 1:05:59 / 2:02:24. He describes the officer in a car watching a large male mountain lion come right up to the house by the front door, where BM is supposed to have left a pair of elk antlers from a road kill, with bloody meat still attached, leaning against the house by the door. The expert says first that he doesn't know how anyone could tell it was a male, without "getting closer and more personal than the mountain lion is going to allow one to be", but he says more important the lion would not go after elk antlers when there was abundant other edibles about, and he says it is not typical that a mountain lion would get that close to a house doorway, just to look around. The segment ends with Mike saying it's good to know that the lion didn't have a meal stashed and dismissing the expert from the segment. IMO
It is difficult for me to follow Profiling Evil, so if I haven't summed this up correctly, anyone is invited to offer corrections.
AM said he knew for a fact that that a mountain lion was seen.... it kind of took the wind out of the PE sails because the whole show was supposed to discredit the mountain lion theory ( even though the mountain lion theory is impossible anyway )
I see no reason to not believe AM ( except the part where A M says BM is anti-drugs .... that does not fit the steroid / meth rumor / narrative )

PE guys are discussing CCSO press releases. They are hoping that the sheriff’s department steps up to the plate. I don’t think they are very impressed with their press releases and are also citing the politics of the case and that these are not people coming in from Indiana-75% are locals who are voters.
I thought it sounded like the guys were irritated with CCSO as well. They (PE) kept saying CCSO needed to leverage the searchers Andy is bringing to the table!!

To my knowledge, BM stated it and AM repeated it. If you can provide where AM was quoting LE directly, I'd appreciate it.

see dave's post below

It was linked by the other poster. AM's part starts at about 1:05:59 / 2:02:24. He describes the officer in a car watching a large male mountain lion come right up to the house by the front door, where BM is supposed to have left a pair of elk antlers from a road kill, with bloody meat still attached, leaning against the house by the door. The expert says first that he doesn't know how anyone could tell it was a male, without "getting closer and more personal than the mountain lion is going to allow one to be", but he says more important the lion would not go after elk antlers when there was abundant other edibles about, and he says it is not typical that a mountain lion would get that close to a house doorway, just to look around. The segment ends with Mike saying it's good to know that the lion didn't have a meal stashed and dismissing the expert from the segment. IMO
It is difficult for me to follow Profiling Evil, so if I haven't summed this up correctly, anyone is invited to offer corrections.

Thx Dave

The first mention of a cat/mountain lion is in the only interview/press conference CCSO/SS gave. He does say he doesn't believe it to be the case but it is mentioned. See media thread.

The second mention was in the infamous TD/BM video by BM

The third was by AM in his PE interview. He revealed the officers guarding the house while it was being searched mentioned a large male cat walking across the yard/driveway.
Thx ! TKG- When I see your initials I see TKO !

On WS youtube tonight, the PE guys who are following Andy's search were on and they Officially INVITED BM to the search.
So there, BM-- there is your official invite.
How dare you say you weren't invited to the search.
Come on, this is your wife.
You should be offering to search, you should be Thanking the searchers, you should be offering water, snacks, whatever you can to help search for YOUR wife.
SMH
Vent over--carry on

"In the days and months since his sister was last seen, [AM] has coordinated a massive, six-day search effort, with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and CBI.

'I’m pretty certain they exhausted all the resources and that’s why I’m coming out there,' he said. "

“I want to bring her back home”: Hundreds plan to join search for Suzanne Morphew this week | FOX21 News Colorado

I read this as AM saying that LE doesn't have anything. In other words, they've exhausted all their leads and don't have evidence to charge anyone with a crime. Anyone interpret this differently?

Ok. So it now sounds like Suzanne’s last phone activity was around 8am on Saturday morning. This begs the question, was it definitely her?

That seems like a strange time to have a major argument, or even commit a premeditated murder.

This of course would explain Barry’s alleged strange behavior at the construction site, as he knew he had a body to dispose of and an alibi to build.

I don’t know though.

"In the days and months since his sister was last seen, [AM] has coordinated a massive, six-day search effort, with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and CBI.

'I’m pretty certain they exhausted all the resources and that’s why I’m coming out there,' he said. "

“I want to bring her back home”: Hundreds plan to join search for Suzanne Morphew this week | FOX21 News Colorado

I read this as AM saying that LE doesn't have anything. In other words, they've exhausted all their leads and don't have evidence to charge anyone with a crime. Anyone interpret this differently?

I take that to mean law enforcement has searched all the areas they think Suzanne may be, and Andy is going out there to give it another go.

He also said this: “I don’t see anybody out there making any great big moves… I don’t know why I’m the one that has to do all this, I would think the husband missing his wife would.”

He’s criticizing Barry for not organizing this search.

AM said he knew for a fact that that a mountain lion was seen.... it kind of took the wind out of the PE sails because the whole show was supposed to discredit the mountain lion theory ( even though the mountain lion theory is impossible anyway )
I see no reason to not believe AM ( except the part where A M says BM is anti-drugs .... that does not fit the steroid / meth rumor / narrative )
Cat always a slim possibiity. MOO except why wouldn't a hunter husband then hunt it down to find its cache?

The "new" 8 AM confuses me.
Is this verified ?
I mean, when we are trying to build a timeline, these times are important and keep changing.
UGH-- I will revisit tomorrow. I am too tired to try to fit this into the timeline tonight.
Only want to say that IF it was 8 AM Saturday, then that is why BM cut employee loose at 11 AM.
JMO

Last edited:
I take that to mean law enforcement has searched all the areas they think Suzanne may be, and Andy is going out there to give it another go.

He also said this: “I don’t see anybody out there making any great big moves… I don’t know why I’m the one that has to do all this, I would think the husband missing his wife would.”

He’s criticizing Barry for not organizing this search.
I like how AM thinks.
JMO

Oh no. :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll tell mine to be on the lookout for Nola at the Rainbow Bridge. That way Nola will know where the best meadows to run are and where the best treats can be found!
Omg this made me cry...very sweet. We lost our beloved choc lab to cancer last February and I still miss him every single day. My Bear will be waiting with your fur angel over the Rainbow Bridge for Nola too. He hasn’t been there long but hopefully he was shown the ropes and knows by now where the best meadows and treats are too. A favorite plaque in my bathroom says, “My idea of Heaven is when I get there all the dogs I’ve ever loved are waiting for me.” I’m trying to read backwards and find Gigi’s original post so I can respond to her but this was so sweet @JosieMae and I bet it made her smile.

What the heck 8am.
Hard to believe this is correct.
The "new" 8 AM confuses me.
Is this verified ?
RSBM

Yeah, it's a bit much to believe. BUT if Suzanne was really in a discussion at 8 am Saturday, resulting in a disturbing abrupt cutoff, I would absolutely think the friend called for a welfare check at some point over the weekend. The friend alluded to the fact that she checked other avenues to reconnect and check on Suzanne to no avail. I would also think the friend was the source for the possible divorce story. Maybe the intensity of the discussion wasn't revolving around the wedding but something more personal.

ETA.....Then to add to this...suppose she heard from someone who received a "friend request' or whatever was going on late Saturday night. That wouldn't be unusual for her to hear...as they would know the same parties in a small town, just not necessarily be FB friends with them.

Last edited:
Did I read a post on here that stated SM friend was having the wedding on Saturday 5/9 ? Was that a fact?
Perhaps it was actually on Mother’s Day, Sunday 5/10/20...in the evening and Suzanne was supposed to attend virtually? But we aren’t allowed to sleuth the wedding so it’s just speculation at this point and would also explain why Suzanne’s friend was frantically trying to reach her when their communication ended abruptly. :cool: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member