Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in pic #1 the rock layout on the far right end does not match that of the left end, or indeed of the whole of the rest of the wall. As if original removed and shoddily replaced.

The 3rd picture definitely shows a sunken area that settled. You have to look at picture #1 to see where it is. In #1 the sunken area is on the right hand side near the smaller rocks.

Would he be that stupid to put any evidence or remains near the river where the rising and falling water levels could disturb it?

Scratch that last question as we know the answer. :)

This is rather confusing. Beginning at 6:41 in, he talks about some person named Naomi that went and took pictures of "the wall", at the river bed. o_O

He never does say Broomfield, so is he talking about the river front property where they already dug it up once, or is "the wall" in Broomfield also next to a river?

Thank you for catching that. I suspect the photos that Chris posted are not from Broomfield.

I would be curious if these pics are from the known Salida job site or from a similar project BM was involved in within the Salida area.

This is a residential wall...presumably an erosion mitigation and landscape feature.

The neighbor heard heavy equipment there on Friday or Saturday night.

MG places BM there Friday night.

I think Saturday morning, BM used MG to level that beach area to further disguise the work he'd done Friday night.

Dig it up.

JMO

Atty for BM, Now?
@marylamby
I don't know if BM has had a CO atty since May, but doubtful imo he engaged the one he hired re IN assault case, IN real est transactions, or IN guardianship case. Not likely these IN licensed atty's are also licensed to practice law in CO or would be allowed to appear in CO court pro hac vice.*

If BM has not already engaged a respected, CO criminal defense atty, he may be caught flat footed if/when remains are recovered. In the meantime he'd do himself a favor by following advice even a :D;) 1L who flunked Crim Law:D:( could offer, "Don't talk." jm2cts.

As always, welcoming comment, clarification, comment, esp'ly by our legal professionals.

--------------------------------------------------------
* "... a practice in common law jurisdictions, whereby a lawyer who has not been admitted to practice in a certain jurisdiction is allowed to participate in a particular case in that jurisdiction... " Pro hac vice - Wikipedia
In CO: Future Lawyers - Attorney Regulation Counsel
I can spot your posts from a mile away @al66pine. You get such a bang for your buck with the font tool. :)

That’s the Salida jobsite where he & MG worked Friday eve & Saturday am till 11

I could see how working on that area Friday night would leave it “mucky” and why raking it out Saturday morning to clean up the area would make sense and then want to get the heck away from it by wrapping up work early that day.

I have been thinking hard about the two people who saw her. Presumably BM was one of these two . Another person claimed to have seen her in another state. I will try to find the link.

Last edited:
Thank you for catching that. I suspect the photos that Chris posted are not from Broomfield.

I would be curious if these pics are from the known Salida job site or from a similar project BM was involved in within the Salida area.
somewhere in my foggy brain is the name
Naomi, as being the neighbor to the Salida site
that heard the bobcat noise at 11:30pm.

Who knows what BM himself was mouthing off to LE. The stuff we do know he said is despicable, such as calling everyone a meth head and recently accusing AM of a publicity stunt. He might have been saying such wacky things that put LE on alert immediately.

I'll bet he had no questions and all answers. Answers that didn't add up. Moo

That is as good a theory as any other. Certain drugs and even Steroids have been known to cause increased anger and rage in people. Some of his actions and his choice of work associates could bolster that theory.
JMO
Or he may just be quick to lose his temper. We've only heard one incident of aggressive behavior that happened a few years ago. His employees didn't mention anything about anger or rage, in fact MG's first statement was that she had always respected BM.

If he was using steroids, wouldn't he at least appear to be muscular? In the picture of him by the car he looks out of shape or at least like he could lose a few pounds.

If he does lose his temper often, I think it has more to do with his personality than anything else. He was described as "driven" to the point of scariness. I think BM needs to be in control and when he feels out of control he doesn't handle frustration well. At that point he may become angry and lash out, although we have only heard one example of this.

If things were not going well in the marriage, BM may have been feeling out of control for months or even years. Maybe he held a lot of anger inside but at the same time convinced himself things would work out. Maybe SM expressed that she was unhappy and he discounted her feelings or was in denial.

Eventually maybe he came to realize the reality that the marriage was over. Suzanne may have made the first steps towards a divorce or told him she was leaving and he was determined not to let her go. Maybe he was like a time bomb for months, and that's what it took for him to explode.

now who on EARTH would have gone down there to that little area and put up "no trespassing" signs?!? wow!! i wonder how long those have been there.

can't imagine who would have done that. weird. :rolleyes:

suzanne might not be there, but SOMETHING is there. i'd bet the bank.

I have a hunch the property owner may be a bit overwhelmed by the interest their wall and put the signs up.
I have to head back into work but if someone can research Riparian Water Rights of this location, or in general in CO, we may see if searchers can legally be on the bank or not. I barely remember this area of law from law school. I’m thinking their property line may extend to the middle of the stream.
Quick Guide to Water Rights and State Water Resources | CDE

Photo of wall posted by Chris of Profiling Evil and mentions the wall expert that is on scene at the search. Last night in WS chat Chris mention the expert noticed an “anomaly “ at the wall
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1309118080245731329?s=21

No trespassing sign at wall
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1309118796951621641?s=21

I'm not at all sure why it was so surprising to Chris from PE, that there are no trespassing signs posted. This is private property that's been all over the news because of BM's connection to it. Clearly the property owners don't want strangers wandering around on their property. I sure as heck wouldn't.

Last edited:
it's interesting that 19057 puma path in salida is now pinned as the suzanne morphew hope foundation. that's new, is it not? (it is.)

any google map experts know if this is something that any rando can do, or would it have to be the person who (previously) lived there? and for what financial/legal reasons did BM do that?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

All Google search formulae contain routine reporting of recurring searches that do not appear to have intrinsic value. Google Earth routinely changes it's description of private residences to avoid nuisance searching. For example, if you search Google Earth for "White House" a business in England will appear as the only result; but if you search for "The White House" you will get 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC. IMO

If he was using steroids, wouldn't he at least appear to be muscular? In the picture of him by the car he looks out of shape or at least like he could lose a few pounds.
I agree, MsBetsy! People keep talking about his possible steroid use, but I am sure not seeing it.
No steroids necessary for his behavior IMO. Personality is enough.

Photo of wall posted by Chris of Profiling Evil and mentions the wall expert that is on scene at the search. Last night in WS chat Chris mention the expert noticed an “anomaly “ at the wall
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1309118080245731329?s=21

No trespassing sign at wall
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1309118796951621641?s=21
The left side looks fine but it looks like they ran out of time on the right side. Maybe once the investigation started they never finished?

Not that this clarifies anything..

Tricia : Do you know who this friend is that SM was talking/texting with?

LS : Um... I do but that has not been made public.

Tricia : Were the texts flying back and forth and then.. radio silence ?

LS : Well I have not spoken to the friend but according to AM they were talking about a wedding, you know girl talk and then it stopped abruptly Saturday MORNING.

At 1:20

Friday Night/Saturday Morning or Saturday Morning?

Now that I see the pics, I'm 99.99% certain this IS the Salida jobsite by the river. Although I'm not seeing any anomolies, as the person Chris mentioned, said she could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33