Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
Ita, I've wondered if there's something else that made LE go on high alert ?
Had the daughters ever spoken to their friends about any issues ?
I remember waaaay back in HS, some kids would pour out their hearts about their home life , in between classes.
A lot of hurting souls in this world. :(

Who knows what BM himself was mouthing off to LE. The stuff we do know he said is despicable, such as calling everyone a meth head and recently accusing AM of a publicity stunt. He might have been saying such wacky things that put LE on alert immediately.

I did my usual morning Google search using the 24 hour perimeter, and I saw that other tv stations are sending crews to cover the story. Andy’s “publicity stunt” is bringing awareness and I think even more people will be interested in what happened to Suzanne. I wonder if TN is watching the power of a true sincere media campaign. How stressed will Barry be this week..
The TN fund not going to this search is pure fraud.

"In the days and months since his sister was last seen, [AM] has coordinated a massive, six-day search effort, with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and CBI.

'I’m pretty certain they exhausted all the resources and that’s why I’m coming out there,' he said. "

“I want to bring her back home”: Hundreds plan to join search for Suzanne Morphew this week | FOX21 News Colorado

I read this as AM saying that LE doesn't have anything. In other words, they've exhausted all their leads and don't have evidence to charge anyone with a crime. Anyone interpret this differently?
I don’t think it’s indicative of a lack of evidence. It probably refers to CCSO having exhausted their budget on the investigation.

Residential construction project along a river/stream

No trespassing signs (I imagine BM has these for work purposes)

There is an area is sand which potentially should have rock cover and the sand is a little sunken and you can kind of see a rectangular outline in the sand.

RTD job in Broomfield the coverup Alibi but maybe this was a project BM was involved in. It fits the scope of work that we know he does.

Bleached tools in the hotel? Proper tools missing when his crew arrives?

BM does 30 mins of work at the RTD site to prove he was there but really was working for a couple hours at this site?

something interesting i noticed, and pure speculation, so imo.

"if anybody out here can find anything, i am all for it..."

just want to mention (once again) BM's indefinite pronoun usage.

this kind of language is not dissimilar to "where is it," when asked if he was having an affair, as well as "this thing" when referring to the disappearance/death of his wife saving one person's life.

i'm no expert, (i just play one on websleuths lol), but i'd say his choice of words tells us he is so far distanced from not only his wife, but her disappearance, too. he will not say her name, he did not mutter it once in his conversation with tyson, but he also cannot speak about the search. you'd expect him to say "if they want me to help with the search, then i'll help with the search. instead he says "if they ask me to help, then i'll help," leaving it really open-ended as to what he wants to help with. he is bothered, y'all.

i think he's feeling some guilt, actually. wouldn't that be a major reason you wouldn't be able to say those important words, as opposed to just being a psychopath? c'mon BM, spill it. the walls have got to be caving in every hour this search gets closer. makes me kinda scared for the people around him.

He's definitely feeling guilt, he's just not crossed the bridge to remorse. Because what follows remorse is unburdening yourself.

He'll fight even as he's perp walked to jail. It'll be the first time he'll actively engage with the public.

now who on EARTH would have gone down there to that little area and put up "no trespassing" signs?!? wow!! i wonder how long those have been there.

can't imagine who would have done that. weird. :rolleyes:

suzanne might not be there, but SOMETHING is there. i'd bet the bank.

Thank you for finding that. Chris posted three pics that I’ll link below.

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

Something places BM at this site in order for it to have been discovered. It’s clearly not RTD work as it’s a private residence.

Is it one of BM’s current or former projects? Does GPS location data place BM at or near this area Mothers Day weekend? Both?

As far as the reason why there may have been an argument that got out of hand by BM,
one reason could have been BM announcing he was going to be working Friday evening, Saturday, and also on Sunday Mothers Day.
Or worse, he did not mention his plans for working until the last minute which could have been the beginning of an argument.

We have two statements from BM that make me lean to this being a reason for an agument to surface. BM actually used the word "permission" when he mentioned he got SM's permission to work on Mothers Day Sunday. So it makes me wonder if that permission really was granted or not. The other thing he said was on Saturday when he told MG he had to go make the wife happy. Which means to me she was unhappy and may have already been deceased at that point.

Just food for thought as to a possible reason where an argument escalated by BM if he demanded that he was going to work practically all weekend.
JMO

Yes! I want to tack on to your well thought out and written post that I believe that something happened on Suzanne's birthday, just 10 days earlier, April 30. Were plans cancelled? Was Suzanne upset about something having to due with BM not being either physically or emotionally available on her birthday?

Thank you for finding that. Chris posted three pics that I’ll link below.

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

The 3rd picture definitely shows a sunken area that settled. You have to look at picture #1 to see where it is. In #1 the sunken area is on the right hand side near the smaller rocks.

Would he be that stupid to put any evidence or remains near the river where the rising and falling water levels could disturb it?

Scratch that last question as we know the answer. :)

I'm confused over the new 8am part, People are saying the texts stopped at 8am? has this been confirmed? The only screen shot i saw was one that said last phone activity at 8am? That could simply be the last time the phone pinged before it was turned off, it doesn't necessarily mean that was the last time somebody used the phone. Unless i have missed something else that confirms 8am was the last time messages were sent?

The 8am time corresponds with what Lauren Scharf told our @Tricia during a Websleuths live a few days ago. LS said last contact was Saturday morning.

I don’t think he dumped her body in broad daylight.

If the body had already been disposed of, then it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Barry to leave at 5am on Sunday morning. I think getting rid of Suzanne was the purpose of that (I also think he left earlier, so he’d have plenty of darkness).

If this wasn’t planned, then it probably would have taken Barry time to figure out what his next steps were:

How to conceal the body for transport.
How to dispose of the body.
Where to dispose of the body.

So I don’t like that particular 3 hour window.

I keep bouncing back and forth between this theory (that he left before 5 and dumped the body) and the theory that he hid the body during the middle of the night and the reason he left at 5 am was so he could be caught on camera in Broomfield during the time that SM would have been on her normal morning bike ride (assuming that's a thing). I think it's one or the other, JMO, MOO.

JMO. What if he hit SM in the head at 8 AM and the texts stopped. She may have been unconscious and he left her to die.

He picks up MG and they go to work at the Salida site. By eleven he is beside himself not knowing if she is alive or dead. He may have taken her phone and she would have no way to call for help if she woke up. Maybe the phone was what they were looking for under the cement.

BM returns home and she has indeed expired. Then he has to figure out what to do with the body in the daylight. Maybe he does dig a grave but waits until dark to transport the body.

Or he doesn’t dig a grave and disposes of the body on the way to Broomfield in the dark.

He then arrives at Broomfield and has a sleep and cleans his tools. He may have left for home before the crew arrived and been sitting somewhere close by watching with binoculars.

Just a different scenario that fits the 8 AM time frame.

Something places BM at this site in order for it to have been discovered. It’s clearly not RTD work as it’s a private residence.

Is it one of BM’s current or former projects? Does GPS location data place BM at or near this area Mothers Day weekend? Both?
That’s the Salida jobsite where he & MG worked Friday eve & Saturday am till 11

There are so many noteworthy updates this week. I wonder if any kind soul can make an attempt at a "Daily Summary" compiling the new information/ tips/ questions raised each day of the search? And/or each day this week? Just a suggestion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33