Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your positive outlook. I hope it is nothing more than what you speculate.

IMO LS received some disturbing news and feared for her safety. She's put so much time and effort into this. "needing a break" when rubber meets the road seems unlikely.

This is all MOO.

It seems a lot of people involved with or possessing knowledge of whatever happened have feared for their safety. Are they just scared of BM, or is there more to it? Could it be taking longer for an arrest if there are multiple people involved?

Sorry if this has been discussed to death, I'm just catching up-

At 3:31 Andy says he went to Puma Path to search. Said they found some "interesting items" that he won't mention because CBI & FBI are investigating them -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLOBNST0so

I caught bits & pieces from you guys that BM put game cameras up and is walking around the property with a gun? :eek:

Has he lost his ever-lovin mind?!!!
I just caught up and YES, I believe he absolutely has lost his mind! What is wrong with him? OMG I don’t even know what to say. :eek:

I like your positive outlook. I hope it is nothing more than what you speculate.

IMO LS received some disturbing news and feared for her safety. She's put so much time and effort into this. "needing a break" when rubber meets the road seems unlikely.

This is all MOO.

I don’t think Chris would have advocated for Lauren in the way that he did, if her life was threatened. I think Lauren would have preferred to be covering the search today, but someone higher up thought otherwise.

JMO

I think they would need more than that in order to get a search warrant. He's probably paranoid that people are going to trespass on his property and wants to be able to prove it if they do.
As much as I hate to say it, in this situation the home should be guarded to keep that one ( there is always one) individual from doing something silly, like digging up the flower beds. He should of hired a security guard and stayed under his rock.

CO. Gun Laws?
These articles* summarize CO. st. gun laws. If BM was carrying a shotgun on his property, but not brandishing it or threatening anyone w it, lawful behavior??? (Not that I'd trespass on that property or be close by.)

"Red flag law"** aka "Extreme Risk Protection Order." ??? BM???
In CO, when person w firearm is dangerous to self or other residents of same household.
"The police may temporarily confiscate firearms from people who are threatening to harm themselves or others or have been accused of the same by someone who resides at the same address of the subject, and then get a court order afterwards." ** per wiki summary-table, below.* The 26 page CO statute itself *** was enacted in 2019.

FWIW, other than CO: "As of April 2020, 19 states and the District of Columbia have enacted some form of red-flag law.[9] The specifics of the laws, and the degree to which they are utilized, vary from state to state." **

---------------------------------------------------------------
* Gun laws in Colorado - Wikipedia and NRA-ILA | Colorado Gun Laws
** Red flag law - Wikipedia

*** https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/2019a_1177_signed.pdf. or C.R.S. Title 13, Art. 14.5.
Sounds lawful to carry, but he does not own that property outright, SM put in 500+ k.
Logically she would want her brother to search her house and property in the event of her disappearance.

Again, Andy says tune in tomorrow because it's going to get really exciting. He says he might not be able to sleep tonight.

Another search of the Morphew home? If so, will a Bobcat be required? An arrest of a shotgun toting mountain liar?
Illegal use of peanut butter!
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have to read a bit more to catch up but has anyone else mentioned or thought that BM's actions sound like a guy who's planning on going out in a blaze of glory. The cameras, the rifle......it's like Scarface. Rather scary for LE. At least they know what may happen and will be appropriately equipped. moo
For the longest, I didn't think there was a way in the world Super Ego Barry would off himself. I pictured him talking and talking and talking 'til the bitter end, and feeling confident he could sell his story. (IMHO that's the way he has handled Suzanne for years....just talking and talking and talking, wearing her down with words.) NOW, it seems he may realize his story hasn't been such an easy sell, to those who don't have the love and devotion for him that his sweet wife did. I'm beginning to think that IF her body is found on their property, he may realize his time is up, and do the "going out in a blaze of glory" thing.

PE.... Andy says it was a successful day, found "some interesting things" which were turned over to LE.

JMO

I wondered about that. I noticed most of the searchers were shown as "walking" or maybe not moving. At one point, one person was shown as "running".

Probably nothing, but I thought it was interesting.

JMVHO.

BBM, I’ve loved watching each of you return to the site tonight and be flabbergasted by this!
Flabbergasted is mild, I honestly feel he's decompensating and that makes him dangerous to others and himself. He's not even living at the PP house is he?

Tammy Moorer's father did the same thing to searchers looking for Heather (he was one brick shy of a full load too).

But the irony in this situation is off the charts. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Judicial ethics preclude my saying what a reviewing judge would do with an application at this stage of the investigation. Given the history of this case and in view of the shotgun demonstration, a judge would review the application with great interest.

I know that judges are loathe to be critical of other judges, but Rumpole, if you wouldn't mind, could you shed some light on what legally justified an Indiana judge's decision to award permanent guardianship of SM to BM, especially in light of the following:
  • Indiana wasn't even SM's state of residence when she went missing
  • SM and BM both lived in Colorado, and SM disappeared from Colorado
  • The circumstances surrounding SM's disappearance are extremely suspicious
  • BM is clearly an unnamed suspect by LE in her disappearance
Try as I might, there is no way I can make any sense of that decision by the judge whatsoever.

It's beyond confounding.
It's an outrage.
It's obscene.

That judge back in Indiana did an absolute disservice to SM.
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

The fact that Indiana isn't in Denmark, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Last edited:
Just catching up. In tonight’s PE video around 25:41, Andy says people around there are nervous and that he doesn’t know what that is all about.

Who is he referring to? The locals? Are they in fear of BM - or - of something being uncovered?

Any ideas?
Possibly referring to some of BM's close contacts?

All of my prayers to everyone searching. My deepest prayers for Suzanne and all of her family!!! This is so heartbreaking !!! So much has seemingly been focused on a search from Maysville - towards Denver. My thinking stretches another direction - west out of Maysville. Heading over Monarch Pass towards Montrose holds much less suspicion than taking any major evidence down through Salida and into Pueblo - the Springs and then all the way up through horrid traffic to Broomfield. That makes no sense. Way to much of a chance to be caught. Day or night.

Thank you for doing some research. For me, it's not that the size is too large. The only option I have asks for an image URL. I am unable to upload any photos from my computer or phone.
When I looked the other day about uploading photos it gave two places you could upload your photo to and make it into a url, I can only remember the name ImageShack. Maybe someone else remembers the other.

Just catching up. In tonight’s PE video around 25:41, Andy says people around there are nervous and that he doesn’t know what that is all about.

Who is he referring to? The locals? Are they in fear of BM - or - of something being uncovered?

Any ideas?
Yeah, pretty weird.

I wonder if there are illegal grow sites tucked away here and there? I mean what else would make people nervous?

As much as I hate to say it, in this situation the home should be guarded to keep that one ( there is always one) individual from doing something silly, like digging up the flower beds. He should of hired a security guard and stayed under his rock.

Hiring a guard would be a much better look than BM walking around with a gun on his shoulder.

That said, if he wanted SM found, he’d be offering up the property to be searched. I get that if she were found on the property, it would point to him. But..IF he had nothing to hide, he’d be all in. Flower beds and all. If he wasn’t home when it happened, theoretically he wouldn’t know if someone else had killed her and could have left her on the seven acres.

And he should WANT to find her and bring closure to the family. Just as AM is rightfully doing.

The dilemma for BM is:
He knows exactly what happened.
And he knows exactly where she is.

I look forward to seeing this pathetic and angry man doing the perp walk - in pink handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member