Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that too. However, after what AM stated, this is the first confirmation I’ve read published by media that SM was working with DV meetings. That part is new for me. I remember not long ago we had to be careful discussing DV or BM as abuses iirc bc we had no actual reports of DV.
Maybe when AM says "DV meetings" he is referring to a support group that Suzanne attended.
Didn't she run a charity at one time? I wonder if she ever did any volunteer work.

welcome @NatureLover! i had a feeling you might be close to the case. i hope you know how much we've fallen in love with your family, and please know that all we want here is for suzanne to come home to y'all, and for justice. <3

now. spill it! lol.

MOO I think SM functioned in that capacity for their entire marriage. Now that she's gone, he lost. Guess he just didn't realize how much he needed her...

MOO I don't think it's drugs. Since early August I have wondered about a connection to Indiana's multi-million dollar Medicaid Kickback Scheme which might explain the quick involvement of a federal DA and the FBI. I was skimming the 8/4/2020 Indianapolis Star articles about it and happened to see that a landscaper was involved. Barry sold his small landscaping company before retirement age for a million plus a percentage. Hmmm...

Indiana nursing home fraud claims more extensive than previously known
good stuff here IMO. Welcome to WS and I'm so very sorry for the loss of this beautiful and vibrant woman.
JMO

MOO I think SM functioned in that capacity for their entire marriage. Now that she's gone, he lost. Guess he just didn't realize how much he needed her...

MOO I don't think it's drugs. Since early August I have wondered about a connection to Indiana's multi-million dollar Medicaid Kickback Scheme which might explain the quick involvement of a federal DA and the FBI. I was skimming the 8/4/2020 Indianapolis Star articles about it and happened to see that a landscaper was involved. Barry sold his small landscaping company before retirement age for a million plus a percentage. Hmmm...

RBBM: the company involved in this scheme was Mainscape.

Mainscape CEO charged in multimillion-dollar fraud case

As far as I can see, this was not a business owned by BM. Maybe the article will answer the question

Falls from Cliff. Survivability?
... If he took her somewhere in the mountains and killed her, that = premeditated! ... poster has been speculating for a while now that he took her in the mountains and pushed her off a cliff. I think now that could be the case.
@happyday sbm Just jumping off your post, yes, could have happened that way.
In movies the spouse pushing mate off a cliff, bridge, or tall bldg does the intended job - killing them. Also works IRL too, but sometimes the mate survives the fall, tho incurring serious injuries. Does that area have terrain allowing reasonably easy pedestrian access or adult man carrying 100 lb woman to a 1500 foot cliff to serve as launch site?*
Sometimes a shorter fall like from 280 or 400 feet** does the trick.

Before acting, a belt & suspenders kinda guy could search online for falling deaths, scout topo maps, learn about surviving falls from much higher heights, and decide not to go that route. W or w'out research, he might rely on no/delayed medical treatment to fulfill his intentions. There could be a revealing history of online searches on BM's or a buddy's devices.

------------------------------------
* "A falling person at low altitude typically reaches terminal velocity of 190 km/h (120 mph) after about 12 seconds, falling some 450 m (1,500 ft) in that time." Also describes incidents of survival from higher falls.
Falling (accident) - Wikipedia
Fatal falls in Grand Canyon NP. https://www.mygrandcanyonpark.com/park/falling-to-death-grand-canyon

:( Not what I wanted to hear today.

Tomorrow's my birthday, tomorrow's the day I tell you!! She HAS to be close to home with that shady behaviour.

(not)Joking aside, I've just got caught up tonight and had a good 10 min rant at my husband about That man, omfg.

Could he not even take a look for his girls? For their mum? That's truly utterly despicable. there's one or two folk I despise in this town but I'd damn sure be joining in out looking for them, nevermind my own husband (I'd just enjoy the peace then ;))

Hi @NatureLover. Are you positive that there’s a federal DA involved here? We know that the county district attorney’s office is involved, and the involvement of the FBI and CBI is pretty standard in cases like this.

So I’m just wondering if this is your opinion, or if it’s a fact.

I wondered about this way back in the beginning, but then came around to this being way simpler and “typical.”

I think if drugs are involved here, it’s on a smaller scale than Mexican drug cartels and money laundering etc.. But I’m back to wondering about the possibility that there’s something to that angle.

Hmm maybe why he keeps talking about meth all the time, everyone is a meth head. Also people being afraid or acting secretive might point to this as well.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office (via @lancehernandez7): The volunteer search group found some items, but as of now, we don't believe they are related to the #SuzanneMorphew investigation.

It's not clear what items were found.

Well, it may be related to another case and at the very least it shows the searchers are tuned into potential evidence and keeping a sharp eye out. That's a good thing!

Yes. IIIRC they do own the house outright, people keep saying BM is the property owner.
Suzanne is co-owner and so far and for 7 years she is missing not deceased.
Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. Yes, AM said BM would not be able to sell the house for seven years because there would be a "freeze" on it. I think BM may have other concerns to worry about, though.

What I am interested in is that Barry (allegedly) managed to sell a landscaping business for over a million dollars. That would explain how they were able to pay cash for the house but it definitely raises a few other questions in my mind.

I can't think of a single reason LE (or anyone else, for that matter) would have her account profile "checking in" to anything when she'd been missing for a week already.

What am I missing?
It could have been BM logging into her account. He probably had her password. It wouldn't surprise me considering his rotten personality.

Well, it may be related to another case and at the very least it shows the searchers are tuned into potential evidence and keeping a sharp eye out. That's a good thing!

That is true, but it sure is a lot like non-news.

They could just say they have found nothing related to the case so far. Or... at this time.

I absolutely love you Trackergd, in my 7? years here I don't think I've ever seen you lose your emotional cool. Straight up and super helpfully suggestive. Thank you, your insights are ALWAYS appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder