Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, feel discouraged/sad/irritable/emotional since yesterday. Can't shake it.... Need to cry and that may help release some of this. It's too much land to find her if there are no solid leads... :(

Don’t be discouraged..we are so proud of you for going. The vast area is holding it's secrets and it may not release them right away. All everybody can do is try and it sounds like a large area has been covered.

It is OK to cry as some of us at home get teary eyed and we aren’t even there.

Keep your chin up and know that we are thinking about you.

Im not familiar with construction work, like at all so I just want to make sure Im picking up what everyones putting down....does raking an area just literally mean someone use a rake to smooth out the landscape?
It's a machine rake. Here is a link to a Bobcat rake:
161038-t6k8179-11w21-fc_fc_one_col_wrap.jpg

Landscape Rake Attachment - Bobcat Company

ETA: MG said BM told her to rake sand into that riverfront area so it wouldn't be so mucky. So, in all likelihood, she added piles of sand on top of the muck, and then raked it smooth.

Wait. I read a post on here saying someone was speculating Barry could have ties/connection/etc. to the police department in the area. Do we think this is possible in terms of of obstructing with the investigation? I had not ever thought of this. Ugh.

I haven't posted for weeks....but followed. Waiting and waiting.....

They're keeping the second site where the dogs hit confidential. Do we have any idea whether the two sites are at least relatively near each other?

I hope LE is keeping an eye on BM. He's had 4 months (and enough funds) to figure out a Plan B,... in case.

Yes, feel discouraged/sad/irritable/emotional since yesterday. Can't shake it.... Need to cry and that may help release some of this. It's too much land to find her if there are no solid leads... :(
I think most, if not all of us would feel the exact same way. Hang in there NoSi, Thanks and keeping you in my prayers.

This shows location of bike a bit better... the other item was a bit up the road up the hill towards U.S. 50.

Attachments

• 20200926_190640_compress64.jpg
    20200926_190640_compress64.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 159
IMO, I would prefer a passive alert vs. a dog that throws its body around, scratches, etc. at the target odor & potentially disturbs evidence.

Very interesting.

That's the wording I think was meant .. "passive alert", meaning the dog sits or some such passive behaviour rather than excited behaviour that could affect the area.

No expert here but I've worked with cadaver dogs in the past and that is what we always referred to as a passive alert.

New timeline gelling.....

Suzanne's messaging ends abruptly at 8am for a reason. BM leaves for Salida because MG is expecting him. He uses her to prepare that beach area for him to return under dark of night. He eats a solid surface to drive on, not muck. By 11, he's frantic, knowing what's at home. Soon as it's smooth enough, he calls an end to MG's day. He returns after dark....

Then creates another job "opportunity" to pull all the workers away from Salida for good.

JMO

I never post on here, though I have been quietly following along. Tonight was the first time I was able to catch the PE live. Curious as to why Mike said to keep 5 in mind. Thoughts??
He was referencing Bruce Lee and Five Fingers of Death? There’s also a military slang and it means frank and beans? LOL IDK

It's a machine rake. Here is a link to a Bobcat rake:
161038-t6k8179-11w21-fc_fc_one_col_wrap.jpg

Landscape Rake Attachment - Bobcat Company

ETA: MG said BM told her to rake sand into that riverfront area so it wouldn't be so mucky. So, in all likelihood, she added piles of sand on top of the muck, and then raked it smooth.
Thank you for including the picture, its defintely not what I was picturing at all so it helped clear it up! I appreciate you

Dave F knows where that house is - I'm sure he'll be along shortly with a map.

The scene that PE says the FBI/CSI is currently processing (or will process tomorrow) is up on a hill behind BM''s house (not a drop-off/butte as stated by Barry, who is pictured lying on the ground during the first search - it's the incident AM has mentioned before).

Apparently, there's a picture of BM lying on the ground (on his back), having told the searchers that there was a drop off/bluff that he'd looked over (he was fearing that Suzanne had fallen off - or so they thought at the time).

The picture is at 17:37 or so of Day 3 of the search on Profiling Evil (Youtube).

What would Suzanne be doing up there? Surely the dog is looking for her scent, no?

I haven't posted for weeks....but followed. Waiting and waiting.....

They're keeping the second site where the dogs hit confidential. Do we have any idea whether the two sites are at least relatively near each other?

I hope LE is keeping an eye on BM. He's had 4 months (and enough funds) to figure out a Plan B,... in case.
No but PE is having a show tomorrow night and they hope to talk about everything they couldn’t disclose tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph