Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my biggest of wishes, if it is true that the search will end Sunday, I hope it would be that hit number 2 was SM and they're just waiting for confirmation to close up the search. I couldn't imagine any other reason to shorten the search. Fingers crossed. moo
Who said they were shortening the search?? What am I missing??

To take a photograph of someone in the throes of grief and distress is beyond insensitive. It’s disgusting. Almost inhumane.

Which tells me that whoever took this photo recognised this as histrionics and probably were already side-eyeing Barry.

Unless, of course, he was photographed at his own request.
Agree. Its not that odd of behavior unless you already have a disconnect going.

FYI, it was a BLUFF, where BM is lying like a bear rug, not a butte. we were all trying to figure out why they were at crested butte, but i do believe andy called it a "bluff," way back when he first mentioned it, and somehow the word got mixed up with "butte."

Yes, feel discouraged/sad/irritable/emotional since yesterday. Can't shake it.... Need to cry and that may help release some of this. It's too much land to find her if there are no solid leads... :(

Bless your sweet soul, NoSI!

You have voluntarily placed yourself in a very difficult and emotional situation because you have a kind and loving heart. Of course, it is going to impact you. I hope you allow yourself to have a good cry, and then pamper yourself in some way.

Take care of yourself and know that there are many people holding you in our hearts. Hugs to you. <3

so, scrolling around on a 5 fingers tangent, i did find an area in CO called "the fingers." it's a bike + hiking trail/ski pass. it appears to be just west of denver aka berthoud pass.

*not gonna lie, at first i got excited, bc there was there was a land manager for a local club in the fingers named BLM. turns out that means bureau of land management.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 13.50.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 13.50.43.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
FYI, it was a BLUFF, where BM is lying like a bear rug, not a butte. we were all trying to figure out why they were at crested butte, but i do believe andy called it a "bluff," way back when he first mentioned it, and somehow the word got mixed up with "butte."
When PE created the “ SM story map” on their website about a month ago they put this under Alibis :

Where's Barry?
Little is known about what efforts Barry is taking. It is reported online that he does take a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

Imo that’s where we got Crested Butte.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

When PE created the “ SM story map” on their website about a month ago they put this under Alibis :

Where's Barry?
Little is known about what efforts Barry is taking. It is reported online that he does take a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

hmmm. you are right. i wonder if this is a mistake. crested butte is 1.5 hours from salida, so, imo, it doesn't make sense that andy would have been there searching with BM. oh but wait, andy WASN'T there. it was just BM and a friend! ok. hope we get some clarification on that.

On the #5 and Bruce Lee...
Bruce Lee would line up his 5 fingers on someone's chest and punch from short distance. Could that mean the second area the cadaver dogs picked up on is close to home?
I watched the PE live last night and they said a dog hit in another area, I wasn't sure if they meant in the same beach area or another search area entirely.
Also, today will be the 5th day Andy has been in CO, maybe it will be his day of closure.

I enlarged a screenshot from the original search flyover and I didn't even see footprints in that beach sand. I doubt it was ever searched. Honestly I think they just thought it was a beach area not a dig site. There's no plumbing or footers involved so it appeared to just be a surface improvement to LE. moo of course

I wonder if LE had BM’s phone GPS place him for a long period of time almost exactly where they dug. However, maybe that is because BM’s truck was parked right there with his phone in it, while he was actually down at the riverside hiding evidence/body etc...

Dbm

What area was MG supposed to rake flat? Appears the beach is underwater on 5/23rd.

My speculation is that it was the area right above the rocks/beach. I believe MG said she was to bring it up to level and rake it. It kind of feels like BM made a bunch of tire tracks and made that area really muddy/mucky and MG was to flatten out the area to level it off and then rake it. Kind of like her cleaning up everything he would have done Friday night.

Last edited:
hmmm. you are right. i wonder if this is a mistake. crested butte is 1.5 hours from salida, so, imo, it doesn't make sense that andy would have been there searching with BM. oh but wait, andy WASN'T there. it was just BM and a friend! ok. hope we get some clarification on that.
This really bugged me, too knowing that Crested Butte isn’t within hiking distance. So after what CM talked about last night with the pic and about narcissistic triangulation, I am wondering if one of BMs friends has been using the pic to tell a tale of BM out searching and “grieving”. Notice how PE words it about “reports online”. I think online might mean the social media groups that are pro BM and bashing AM. JMO

Where's Barry?

Suzanne Moorman Morphew
And the white pines area near Gunnison is on the way to Crested Butte. According to google maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking