Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The double bagging could be a new policy due to COVID, as well.
Just thinking out loud.
that's a great thought - I need to go back and look at the other dailymail pictures.
in the meantime I did run across this early article - FWIW
https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/colorado-woman-missing-after-going-on-mothers-day-bike-ride/

May 13, 2020

A Colorado woman went for a bike ride on Mother’s Day, and hasn’t been seen since, authorities said.

Suzanne Morphew, a 49-year-old married mother of two, was reported missing Sunday by a neighbor after she did not return from a bike ride near County Road 225 and West Highway 50 in Chaffee County, sheriff officials announced Monday.

A search for Morphew, of Maysville, involving more than 100 law enforcement officials — including some with tracking dogs — “began immediately,” but no sign of the woman was found.

She remained missing as of early Wednesday, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Post.

Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe foul play was involved.

“This is an open criminal investigation,” Spezze said during a brief interview.

I suspect that she went missing before Mother’s Day. Messages may have been sent from her phone up until a day or so before Mother’s Day. However, since it would have been very odd for her to be unavailable to actually speak to her daughters on Mother’s Day, the disappearance occurred. Not sure who was involved, but I’m sure the authorities are working diligently to find out.
And her phone may have been thrown away/disposed of the night before or the early morning hours of Mother's Day. If her body was moved, that might also have happened at night. JMO.

While members may continue to discuss whatever is in the Daily Mail and on Nancy Grace, please do your absolute best to formulate your post so as not to be making insinuations or direct accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI or suspect.

We don't want to be responsible for re-victimizing anyone who is already a victim. In the Tori Stafford case, social media, the general public, and even WSers had Tori's mom basically tarred and feathered when in fact it was two totally different monsters who were responsible for Tori's disappearance and death. Let's not go there.

I live in Tori's hometown, and I will tell you, to this day, some folks still trash talk both her mom and dad, even though everyone knows who the monsters were that took her away. It's been 11 years and those "rumor legs" are still brutally (and disgustingly) alive and well.
So yes, your encouragement to be careful means A LOT.

So does anyone think it's a business dealing gone bad? Why did her husband talk to her in the video and not the abductor? I ASSUME he did not think she left on her own! He could have been tired and just emotionally depleted too. So now I assume they are searching inside the house, right?

I don't think it's a business deal gone bad or and abduction.

Sometimes people are acting and only make videos/pleas because it's an expectation. I hope that's not how this one turns out, but it happens all too often.
jmo

28619414-8340119-image-a-55_1589980516056.jpg

If you need to use this function in the future:

right click image< view image < copy the link < click on the media button in the little tool bar here <paste link.

so no double bagging here IMO - no outer plastic baggie - hmmm really makes me wonder about that double bagged evidence - I still remember the evidence removed from Gannon's home - we debated that for days - carpet, rifle, etc.
JMO

Did he really say this?

Right. Agree.
Am speculating here in my posts.
Wonder if the husband will make any more video pleas ?

I'm thinking there is a possibility of a person known to them who had an incredibly lucky break and found Suzanne alone at the house.
Someone who may have worked for them or who knew the family from employment or a stalker type.

Whatever happened to her, it looks like it may have occurred before Mother's Day.
If Suzanne is no longer with us---- it's so very heartbreaking for this lovely woman who had survived cancer and appeared to be living a full life !
I would love to be wrong !

How do you cancel a post on this thread??

Having the hardest time...
Thx.
If you mean a draft post: Delete what you've drafted so there's nothing in the box. Then click the "disk" icon on the tool bar and click "delete draft".

If you mean an actual post: you need to go to "edit" on the post and delete what you wrote.

Well, IF BM harmed her, chances of recovery aren’t great IMO and here’s why:

Not only is the terrain about as bad as it gets for a recovery imo, but as a firefighter he has all kinds of skills, not limited to, well “fire”, likely strong familiarity with wooded areas/maps and digging containment lines. As a landscaper he would also have excellent skills as related to grounds, not to mention all the distance in between there and Denver, or wherever else.

When one looks down over these cliffs, you see the tops of trees. If he threw her over the side, and animals got to her, or she went in the water...

Unless they can pinpoint an area via phone ping, etc., I’d say her chances of her being found are very low, again IF BM killed her.

I give this case a very low chance of a recovery, jmo, sorry to say. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave