Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious why LS just dropped from sight during this search. She said she would cover it, right? Yet no word from her?

I know this search is all about Suzanne but I keep remembering Nate Eaton in the Vallow Daybell case staying right on it. And then there was the Kelsey Berreth case and the reporter who covered I through the sentencing.

In any case, Lauren got the ball rolling.

Didn’t a resident of Salida say the mountains there have stories to tell (or something to that affect)?
Last twitter by LS: Sept 24th, 2020
Last Fb by LS: Sept 23rd, 2020

I think you all would be surprised how many pink bikes are on market today. Also (but maybe not) surprising is the number of men who buy bikes for their significant other. In the case of BM I imagine that is exactly what he would do.

Quick question.... as the geometry of frames vary depending on the manufacturer, there is a need to be 'fitted' for the bike before the purchase. Also various MTB styles, 26, 27.5, 29 etc.

How would you feel about someone buying you one of those ~$5,000 bikes without any input from you?

Doubt Barry knew a thing about "repairing bikes" and we know she had Scot. Besides, if that much repair was needed, seems they'd buy a new bike.

Could be Chris is being sarcastic with the "parts" comments, teasing Barry. along the lines...We know Barry IOW, he bought a pink bike but not for Suzanne and not the daughters because it's not at the house.
Wow, that's a thought!

I have a simple question and am slightly curious. Does anyone know what triggered the move from Alexandria Indiana to Maysville Colorado. To all intents and purposes Mr & Mrs M were quite at home in Alexandria IN. I am just curious as to what makes someone cross 3 or 4 Counties/States and set up a $1.5 million dollar home in the middle of friggin nowhere.

Edited to add not quite sure if this is Counties or States.

Last edited:
I dont know if anybody remembers where it comes from? but im sure that very early on after suzanne went missing somebody said that she couldnt of rode her bike that day as it was broken, im sure that was one of the first red flags about the bike ride. Maybe she'd ordered a new one
There were a lot of things said about the condition of the bike early on. I do remember suggestions that it was crashed up or the brakes were locked up but it was never confirmed. That may be what the PE guys are thinking about. We heard that SM was seen at a bicycle repair shop on Thursday, but we don't know if another bike was purchased or whether there was a repair made as far as I know.

To me, the only thing of interest about the pink bike is that it points towards premeditation and makes the already clearly staged bike seen that much more obviously staged. And it ties BM directly to the bike in some fashion.

Hmmm. That's interesting. It wouldn't be the first time a killer has disposed of a body in a septic tank. They use lime to break down the body quickly but used incorrectly, it does the opposite, it delays the decomposition.

And there's a couple of lime quarries very near Maysville; one in Poncha Springs and one in Monarch.

Maybe there was another reason why BM moved out of the Puma Path home.

The home has a septic system, which does not necessarily include a tank. Nearly all mountain structures employ a leach field, which is a fan shaped network of slotted sewer pipes running through the thin layer of soil/gravel. The ground is far too hard to be digging holes for tanks. Does anyone remember the wide, very careful fan shaped dig at PF's house, in order to collect samples of sewage residue in the Berreth disappearance? IMO

Looking at this picture, I can’t see any beach area at all that could be raked.

I'm thinking it is the area on the lawn side of the rocks that they raked. MG said that she was told to bring it up till level (fill in the lawn area so that it was level with the rocks) and then rake it out.

If you look at this video taken on the day of the concrete search, you can see the lawn area is raked out and level with the beach retaining wall rocks (at the 1-4 second mark). JMO

I think you all would be surprised how many pink bikes are on market today. Also (but maybe not) surprising is the number of men who buy bikes for their significant other. In the case of BM I imagine that is exactly what he would do.

I raced bikes at NCAA-div1, later as a part time pro, and I often get treated like a beginner because of my gender. Salespeople direct me to cruiser bikes when I look at high end bikes.

I’m inserting a thumbnail of a $5000 pink frame set. This is a unisex frame and is on market today. It’s just one example of a pink bike for men. This IS NOT related to said ‘pink bike’ but I wanted to share so you all can see how pink is the new black in high end bikes! MOO!

So you are saying that SM could have been moving to a higher level of biking experience, purchasing a precision pink frame for which she already had "parts"?

iirc LS confirmed the two people were both known to MG and that one was a friend of BM and the other was a relative of BM

Thanks, I did hear that, acknowledge such, but I never heard them named as this poster did as to the friend was as a fact. I've only read in MSM as you noted that one was a friend, and one was relative so was asking. We'll see if in 24 hours the posts go *poof*? as no MSM stating the name?

I have a simple question and am slightly curious. Does anyone know what triggered the move from Alexandria Indiana to Maysville Colorado. To all intents and purposes Mr & Mrs M were quite at home in Alexandria IN. I am just curious as to what makes someone cross 3 or 4 states and set up a $1.5 million dollar home in the middle of friggin nowhere.

They could have wanted/needed to leave Indiana, but on the other hand it is very common for people to want to move to places they have enjoyed holidays. Unfortunately living there isn’t always the same as holidaying there if they were hoping to have the holiday feeling permanently.

Thanks, I did hear that, acknowledge such, but I never heard them named as this poster did as to the friend was as a fact. I've only read in MSM as you noted that one was a friend, and one was relative so was asking. We'll see if in 24 hours the posts go *poof*? as no MSM stating the name?

see post 101 where @Cindizzi has posted the video. At around the 30 mark LS says their names

I have a simple question and am slightly curious. Does anyone know what triggered the move from Alexandria Indiana to Maysville Colorado. To all intents and purposes Mr & Mrs M were quite at home in Alexandria IN. I am just curious as to what makes someone cross 3 or 4 states and set up a $1.5 million dollar home in the middle of friggin nowhere.

Please see the top ten reasons that people move to Colorado, at the link:

10 Reasons to Move to Colorado | Moving.com

I'm thinking it is the area on the lawn side of the rocks that they raked. MG said that she was told to bring it up till level (fill in the lawn area so that it was level with the rocks) and then rake it out.

If you look at this video taken on the day of the concrete search, you can see the lawn area is raked out and level with the beach retaining wall rocks (at the 1-4 second mark). JMO

And you can see the Bobcat sitting to the side. Looks like a front attachment is still connected.

Warning, speculation, As always, my other side of the fence, not saying I believe it, rather a bit of the devils advocate, I’d rather you not not try to refute it or try to sway
me, that isn’t necessarily MY view, just something to perhaps think about, plz.
WHAT IF , the pink bike is a MD gift, arranged thru Scot, as a surprise, perhaps instead of a trade in, they thought her old bike would be kept for parts, or backup...
It was in the garage, without ribbons or bows, and this bike WAS used to stage bike ride.
Barry’s weirdness could simply be trying to surprise her, surprises are harder to accomplish, the more you do them, JMVHO, JME
Condition of bike? New as opposed to used? I hardly think SM would have been riding this bike, even if she found it. She could have been preparing for bike ride, when attacked, hence the bike staging.

5 is # bikes in garage.

Something clicked last night, MD!
This was supposed to be a home invasion, with all members present, possibly 2 invaders, they settled for SM, so if she saved one of her daughter’s lives, SM would consider it worth it...BM looking out windows, girls protected?

I always go back to beginning when I come up with new info or scenarios...I trained to have open mind, this one is explaining a lot of little things...
Who would want to destroy a happy family?
Financial gain or revenge, of a sort?
All above is my own speculation with help and invaluable insight from another member. Just thought I’d put it out there, I know it’s hard to accept any of it, as in the above scenario BM is only guilty of trying to surprise his wife, perhaps ribbons and bows from WalMart, a cake? Perhaps daughters were in on this, too.
Just my fantasy, I guess.

Last edited:
I just now finished listening to that podcast. I did not hear Chris saying
a pink bike was purchased. Did I miss that part?

Listen to Tricia's youtube live stream from last night. It was talked about on there for sure (sometime before the 35min elapsed time, but I don't recall exactly where in the stream).

I didn't suggest it was a new bike nor did I hear Chris from PE, who was on Tricia's show last night, say anything about "new." A pink bike was allegedly purchased, that's all I heard. Chris M from PE guessed that one reason for this bike purchase "could be" for parts.

Yes, I listened to them back to back. Tricia and PE. I did not hear that it was said that *a pink bike was purchased*. I did hear that some stuff was being discussed, and Tricia interrupted him for something that I really wanted to know! Do interviewers do that on purpose? It seemed strange that he was about to disclose info and Tricia interrupted so he never finished the sentence. Perhaps that was on purpose so he could not complete?

I'm still looking for such as I don't recall that was specifically stated.

But MSM did state the names. IIRC, LS from Fox 21 News Colorado stated the names to Trish when she was featured a few days ago on Websleuths YouTube.

At somewhere around 28:00 to 30:00--
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member