Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Friday at 8:15 am (closed thread so I can’t quote) I posted water level data that indicates that the water level of the Arkansas River in Salida was nearly 10 inches higher on May 22nd than May 9th. So I think beach was NOT underwater on the 9th. @PaulaDC also indicated drone footage suggested beach area was not underwater around May 9.
You can search this forum for the word underwater to find my post with the attached graphs which show water level for the year and water level May 1 through Friday.

“I looked at the historic water level data and it appears that the water level of the Arkansas River at Salida was nearly 10 inches higher on May 22nd than on May 9th so I agree with @PaulaDC that the beach area was likely not underwater on the 9th when it was reportedly raked. JMO - I am not a subject matter expert. Attaching the graphs. Compare Data
Thx for a recap of water levels!

I just now finished listening to that podcast. I did not hear Chris saying
a pink bike was purchased. Did I miss that part?
Listen to Tricia's youtube live stream from last night. It was talked about on there for sure (sometime before the 35min elapsed time, but I don't recall exactly where in the stream).

I think this may be the guy "Scot" (spelled with one t), who is a bicycle repair guy in town or near Salida who has worked on SM's bike previously. Chris from PE has mentioned Scot and it's been in reference to bike(s) and perhaps maybe bike parts.

Chris was saying last night (note: check PE video and Tricia's youtube live video) that a pink bike was purchased and Chris doesn't know what for, but surmised it could be for parts. That's as much as I know.

For the record, as a longtime cyclist, I can't imagine anyone buying a new bike for parts. Maybe buying a used/wrecked bike cheap for parts, but anyone doing that would probably not be taking their bikes to a shop for work.

Wait! What? Some of you think he might've staged a photo op???

Then again, he set the precedence.

JMO

There's no question in my mind that BM staged that scene.

He's like a soap opera actor in one those dreadful 1980s commercials, you know the ones:
"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on t.v."

"I'm not a distraught, loving husband, but I play one in real life."

The photographer who took the pic may or may not have been aware that BM was posing for the camera.
My money's on the man behind the cameraphone being oblivious that what he was seeing was nothing more than really bad performance art.
I don't think he directed BM to lie down and splay his legs out in an exhausted pose.
I think he was simply an unwitting audience member, who took a photo from the gallery of what he saw as an unusual scene.

2 things to keep in mind about that photo:
  • BM utilizes misdirection as a diversionary tactic.
  • BM likes to control the narrative.
For those reasons, I dismissed that picture as having any significance whatsoever as soon as I heard about it.
It got tossed straight into my mental "deleted items" folder.

Nothing to see there.
Except bad acting by an extremely bad actor.
In every sense of the word.

JMO.

Last edited:
If maybe Suzanne’s bike was not roadworthy and Scott can attest that BM knew this, it would have been clear to LE then that BM was lying. Unless BM had fixed the bike already, with the purchased parts ie pink bike, between the bike shop visit (Thurs?) and Mothers Day.

For the record, as a longtime cyclist, I can't imagine anyone buying a new bike for parts. Maybe buying a used/wrecked bike cheap for parts, but anyone doing that would probably not be taking their bikes to a shop for work.
I didn't suggest it was a new bike nor did I hear Chris from PE, who was on Tricia's show last night, say anything about "new." A pink bike was allegedly purchased, that's all I heard. Chris M from PE guessed that one reason for this bike purchase "could be" for parts.

Wonder if the #5 is related to
Lot 5B & 5C Monarch River Estates
19075 Puma Path
Vacant 6.4 ac. to NW of Morphews home
not contiguous but one lot separated,
owned by out of state person since 2008
lot fronts on Hwy 50 also
easy access through the woods from Morphews
must be a high elevation w/views as was an expensive lot
when purchased 12 years ago- $325,000.

I hope Suzanne's bike had no pedals.

JMO

IF preplanned, maybe a bike ride was always in the works. To disappear her from.

If her bike needed repairing, and she took it in to repair, perhaps with pink bike parts, perhaps Scot was unable to complete the repair with mismatched parts, and Suzanne left with her unrepaired bike, to schedule for another day.

Yup, I'm seeing a wheels up bike with no damage, but straight up unrideable.

Ya gotta be smarter than a bike to stage one.

JMO

re BM’s statement about doing a mechanical thing to his bobcat

While I think it’s most likely that he did something mechanic to his bobcat in committing this crime, I’ve also wonder if:

Maybe BM saying ‘I did something mechanical thing to my bobcat’ in relation to his alibi/timeline being off is not because of the bobcat specifically but because his GPS data puts him at a worksite at a day/time he did not disclose and his excuse to LE was ‘oh yeah, I did a mechanical thing to my bobcat then’. But in reality, he was doing something completely different at that job site and he is using work on the bobcat as his excuse to be there.
Ita.

MOO On the fence about BM having help. I don’t see him trusting anyone with the info of what he did to SM, he would certainly B-splain it as not his fault. I’m not sure he would need help with anything other than a different vehicle to drive to dispose of SM.

I keep wondering what he did with the “road kill” carcass of the dead elk!? Did he use it in disposing of SM, to try to hide the scent?
bbm
Agreed , esp. the bolded.
If it was just a coincidence... what fortuitous timing.
Imo.

MOO On the fence about BM having help. I don’t see him trusting anyone with the info of what he did to SM, he would certainly B-splain it as not his fault. I’m not sure he would need help with anything other than a different vehicle to drive to dispose of SM.

I keep wondering what he did with the “road kill” carcass of the dead elk!? Did he use it in disposing of SM, to try to hide the scent?
That has crossed my mind several times, she would have fit into the carcass of a large bull elk easily, just not sure he had time to get that done.

I call those people “followers”, they’re never leaders. They allow that “someone“ to do their thinking for them, following and hanging on that person’s every word. How any “friend” of BM’s can turn their back on finding SM is beyond me. BM has drawn a line in the sand, him on one side, LE & everyone else on the other side. Either you’re with him or you must be against him, Nevermind about the missing “love of his life.”

I agree. I am sure he made them believe it was SM's fault.

JMO..He may have said she attacked him and all he did was push her away. She fell and hit her head so it was not his fault.

Otherwise what do those people believe. Do they think they really are dealing with a kidnapper? Why is there no evidence to that scenario?

Are they not paying attention to any of the mounting evidence being discovered?

Instead they dance to the tune of the puppet master.

I’m still thinking he buried her in/under/behind the river rock wall at the construction site. And I think that LE probably walked the entire site with dogs originally. What if he buried her in a cooler and topped it up with concrete, encasing her in concrete in a cooler or something similar? It wouldn’t take that long to throw some Quikrete in and it sets up pretty fast. I’m wondering if that would have made it difficult for the dogs to get a scent back when they searched the property?

I think Scot, Suzanne’s bike repair man, will help blow the “bike ride” narrative out of the water.

I think this means that Suzanne’s bike had been staged and was not in working order.

Why else would a “pink bike purchased for parts” be relevant (unless Scot can help establish Suzanne’s last known whereabouts ie: Scot spoke with Suzanne Sat morning about replacing a bike part.)

On thread #4 @Hatfield talked about the disc break of a bike and I guess there's a pin that can get stuck in it when the breaks lock up and make the bike un-rideable. Maybe BM didn't know the bike wasn't in working order or didn't think anyone would notice, if he planted it down the hill. Maybe Scot came forward and told LE that he had just seen her and she was going to bring her bike to be fixed and he would put parts from the pink bike on hers? (Speculation, MOO)

There's no question in my mind that BM staged that scene.

He's like a soap opera actor in one those dreadful 1980s commercials:
"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on t.v."

"I'm not a loving husband, but I play one in real life."

The photographer who took the pic may or may not have been aware that BM was posing for the camera.
My money's on the man behind the cameraphone being oblivious that what he was seeing was nothing more than really bad performance art.
I don't think he directed BM to lie down and splay his legs out in an exhausted pose.
I think he was simply an unwitting audience member, who took a photo from the gallery of what he saw as an unusual scene.

2 things to keep in mind about that photo:
  • BM utilizes misdirection as a diversionary tactic.
  • BM likes to control the narrative.
For those reasons, I dismissed that picture as having any significance whatsoever as soon as I heard about it.

It got tossed straight into my mental "deleted items" folder.

JMO.
I can't keep up, so I don't know what picture is being discussed. Can someone post it again, please?

Thank you!

Re raking the beach site: if part of the job involved placing or rearranging the big rocks, there may well have been Bobcat tracks all over the area anyway from their work.

So if more tracks were added during any nefarious activity they might have been indistinguishable from existing work-related tracks.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member