Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, .... When I watch PE, I always listen closely to what and how they say things. Before I really payed attention to what they had to say, I read up on their back grounds. So I was comfortable with what they had to say. Yes, they do accept $$...so do almost every yt channel. But with that being said....they have sat up a web page and have people working for them. (All just my opinion) . I really feel they are the real deal. They work with LE all over, they train LE in homicide cases. Per PE last night. I do not feel that they would put anyone under the bus unless merited. I really felt that Chris ,last night was very upset with the way this case has been handeled. I do not think they would tarnish their reputation over a YT channel.

I tend to agree and what I am gathering is that he must have a certain person on his staff write up his summaries because up until now, I have been overall pleased with his updates because at least he gave them periodically to try to ensure the public they have not forgotten Suzanne and are still working the case. In some other cases we dont even get comments or updates like that.

But with how his name was pulled from the recent updates, I now feel he has a staff writer writing them up for him so I am not as thrilled about the updates anymore. Just speculating of course about that.

Here is my take on some of what we are seeing as lack of action on their parts.

From the very beginning, the sheriff indicated he and other LE was not the ones organizing this search and they would only be available in a support role because of liability reasons I believe was even mentioned in one of the updates. That is fair enough to me and I think that was LE's intent going into this.

Since then, as the days progressed, I think what has happened is a lot of little things were brought to them as possible evidence and it quickly overloaded them when combined with the places where dogs are "hitting". I think local LE underestimated the amount of resources they would need on hand to handle anything the search teams felt was important. That is on them because it has been obvious from the very beginning that it would take some resources to handle this large search group and anything they felt should be looked at. They should have known it would take quite a few resources to manage.

So what I think has happened as this last dog "hit" where AM was by himself, LE did not treat it as seriously as they should and because of the way the PE YT fellows have communicated their displeasure, it has grown legs for the public that follow them. I am not a fan of the tactics being shown from the PE group but I do appreciate their real concern and real emotions to want to solve this case. Sometimes we have to take the good with the bad.

All of this sort of thing was easy to see coming. A better plan from local LE to manage the search group may have alleviated some of the public's perception of them. They can still turn this around but in order to do so, they cannot continue to ignore it and stay silent. Just do the small things that are expected of them and should not be a problem for them.

Because just as if a total stranger found something and brought it to their attention, the same goes for our searchers on the ground. They should be treated no differently than any other person finding potential evidence. LE can repair most of the damage if they would just be honest and upfront and that begins with explaining why they did not at least go out to look at the scene where AM was by himself.
All JMO of course

Maybe because I’m annoyed today, I am back to a May 18th press release. I didn’t like this one either. It was the same, leave us alone, we’ve got this.

“Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8th thru May 12th.
Citizens are only being asked to preserve the video at this time. Please do not send these videos to the sheriff’s office or call the sheriff’s office. As search areas are identified, investigators will contact residents in those locations to collect any camera footage within that May 8-12 window.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL CHAFFEE COUNTY DISPATCH WITH QUESTIONS”

Don’t call us, we’ll call you. And if not, oh well.

So what's going on this morning?
Any official tweets showing activity at the properties?
Are the Feds still in town?
Where's Andy?
Sheriff needs to get in front of this story, but due to their size, may not even have a communications person.
Just listened again to PE from last night and Chris's is stressing that normal protocol didn't happen at the sites when the dogs hit.
And he also said normally LE will inform the family of what LE did or did not do and the outcome of any further investigtion. that has not happened. Instead they told Andy, "We Got This", back off.
Horrible optics here.

This is the first morning since the search started that there has been no social media (twitter) posts showing the volunteers assembling and the day kicking off.

Now I get that this is the last day and there probably aren’t many searchers left but you’d think there would be some coverage. But no.

OK, I am really confused after catching up nearly 3 threads - is LE now being negligent? I don't get it - they have seemed so thorough and called in a ton of additional resources and agencies really early on - I am not 100% on board with LE not doing what they are supposed to be doing - could it not be that they already know where Suzanne may/may not be? And if we are going into conspiracies - can I opt for the one where Suzanne is safe and well in a 'witness protection' programme somewhere - I really like the thought of her being alive and right about now after all the other things flying around I feel it is just as plausible as Barry having fingers in the pocket of someone higher up the food chain than Sherriff Spezze. :);)

I will be updating the Case Archive soon.
VENT!
I am so far beyond frustrated now that I am livid. Over 12 years I have been adding cases to my photobucket and now there are 194 albums. Over 88,000 files and getting on to 10 million views projected for late 2020. So, what's my problem? After spending another $140+ for additional storage last week and fighting with them for 10 days... NONE of my pictures and videos have titles. NONE of my albums shows the # of files saved in them (from 65 to 980). NO more view count. NO more good reason to do what I do. In addition to that it is ugly and not viewer friendly, cannot be organized and there is no "Latest additions" page and also I have no idea if there are followers (there used to be 178), and I am about to cry!!! SFSFSFSF!!!!

I would like to take a slightly different approach to the SM case, it is possibly one that wont be taken seriously. I am doing a flip side of the coin open mind and all of that.

We know from previous reports SM had beaten Cancer at least twice, I am not sure if any of us know her state of health immediately prior to her disappearance and certainly wouldn’t encourage even trying to find out.

I know from personal experience Mothers do a lot to hide personal illness from Children and various family members, just so as they don’t worry, can get on with their life as normally as possible. That is what Mums do.

I am not so sure I like all this out and out Barry Blaming. STOP! just there let me finish my splurge. My theory is as good as anyone else's

I don’t mean I think he BM doesn’t know what happened to SM because In my personal opinion I think he probably does. Which is why he won’t partake in dysfunctional lie detector test or voice thingies

I just think there may be a hint of a different compassionate reason as to why he knows which perhaps hasn’t been explored properly.

Do I think he buried her in that awful barron property location near an airport where she could be dug up again absolutely not.

Do I think he scattered/buried her remains at a neighbours home and got a colleague to rake it flat No I don't.

Do I think the tree is significant, well that is depending on where the tree is

Do I believe in cadaver dogs yes I Do but it doesn’t mean it has anything to do with the SM case. They can tell you the scent is there but not who it belongs to. Blimey for all we know Andy's searchers have pulled up three different crime
scenes not connected to his Sister

Do i think BM helped SM I think I am possibly open to that concept

Do I believe that SM remains are in Colorado? No my gut instinct tells me she is close to home in Indiana.

Do I think she is dead? Realistically yes I do.

Do I think BM is totally guilty? Well that depends on the motive for now I sit on a fence.

I tend to agree and what I am gathering is that he must have a certain person on his staff write up his summaries because up until now, I have been overall pleased with his updates because at least he gave them periodically to try to ensure the public they have not forgotten Suzanne and are still working the case. In some other cases we dont even get comments or updates like that.

But with how his name was pulled from the recent updates, I now feel he has a staff writer writing them up for him so I am not as thrilled about the updates anymore. Just speculating of course about that.

Here is my take on some of what we are seeing as lack of action on their parts.

From the very beginning, the sheriff indicated he and other LE was not the ones organizing this search and they would only be available in a support role because of liability reasons I believe was even mentioned in one of the updates. That is fair enough to me and I think that was LE's intent going into this.

Since then, as the days progressed, I think what has happened is a lot of little things were brought to them as possible evidence and it quickly overloaded them when combined with the places where dogs are "hitting". I think local LE underestimated the amount of resources they would need on hand to handle anything the search teams felt was important. That is on them because it has been obvious from the very beginning that it would take some resources to handle this large search group and anything they felt should be looked at. They should have known it would take quite a few resources to manage.

So what I think has happened as this last dog "hit" where AM was by himself, LE did not treat it as seriously as they should and because of the way the PE YT fellows have communicated their displeasure, it has grown legs for the public that follow them. I am not a fan of the tactics being shown from the PE group (like all the hints of new news to come to keep us guessing) but I do appreciate their real concern and real emotions to want to solve this case. Sometimes we have to take the good with the bad.

All of this sort of thing was easy to see coming. A better plan from local LE to manage the search group may have alleviated some of the public's perception of them. They can still turn this around but in order to do so, they cannot continue to ignore it and stay silent. Just do the small things that are expected of them and should not be a problem for them.

Because just as if a total stranger found something and brought it to their attention, the same goes for our searchers on the ground. They should be treated no differently than any other person finding potential evidence. LE can repair most of the damage if they would just be honest and upfront and that begins with explaining why they did not at least go out to look at the scene where AM was by himself.
All JMO of course
I haven't seen any indication that LE didn't have resources available to them to handle any evidence that was found. I thought they responded quickly to the few things that were found the first day.

In terms of local LE going out to the site themselves, maybe a decision was made that the FBI and CBI were better able to handle the situation. They probably have more knowledge and experience in cases like this, yet the Sheriff's office is getting all the criticism. We really don't know what was going on behind the scenes.

I’m baffled by this whole thing, and I really cannot even guess anyone’s motives here. But whatever LE is trying to accomplish, I think they’re grossly underestimating people’s interest. People are watching. The optics of Andy standing over a little tree all night, guarding the possible remains of his murdered sister because no one else will looks BAD.

BBM:

What optics?
Are there pictures of AM at the site last night guarding a little tree?
Do people believe this narrative of a grossly negligent LE not following up on cadaver dog hits simply because a YT channel says it's so?

Does no one else but me find it odd that no attempt was made by the PE guys to reach AM last night from his purported location, especially given the fact that they've spoken with him every other night of the search, regardless of his location?

I never believed the bike narrative.

I don't believe this narrative, either.
At. All.

Question: Who did the PE guys sound like last night?
Who else has accused LE of screwing everything up?

Rhetorical questions.

LE would not drop the ball on this.
The CBI would not drop the ball.
The FBI would not drop the ball.

We're missing something.

JMO.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any indication that LE didn't have resources available to them to handle any evidence that was found. I thought they responded quickly to the few things that were found the first day.

In terms of local LE going out to the site themselves, maybe a decision was made that the FBI and CBI were better able to handle the situation. They probably have more knowledge and experience in cases like this, yet the Sheriff's office is getting all the criticism. We really don't know what was going on behind the scenes.

Did CCSO at least secure the area?

Quite honestly, I am tired of the discussions about LE, LS, PE and whomever else is secondary here, but I will say this: Distrust of LE isn't unfounded. LE officers are human. Elected sheriffs (some of them) don't even have prior LE experience. (Not saying that is the case here. I really don't know). Are you honestly all so convinced that LE absolutely does the right thing in ALL cases? Because I'm not. Do you really believe that fellow human beings, despite their titles or jobs, don't make mistakes? Because I'm sure they do. LE: I don't trust 'em. At all. Especially given recent news.

Now where is AM today and, most importantly, where is SM?

I will be updating the Case Archive soon.
VENT!
I am so far beyond frustrated now that I am livid. Over 12 years I have been adding cases to my photobucket and now there are 194 albums. Over 88,000 files and getting on to 10 million views projected for late 2020. So, what's my problem? After spending another $140+ for additional storage last week and fighting with them for 10 days... NONE of my pictures and videos have titles. NONE of my albums shows the # of files saved in them (from 65 to 980). NO more view count. NO more good reason to do what I do. In addition to that it is ugly and not viewer friendly, cannot be organized and there is no "Latest additions" page and also I have no idea if there are followers (there used to be 178), and I am about to cry!!! SFSFSFSF!!!!

Really sorry you're feeling like this :( socially distanced and virtual hugs to you

BBM:

What optics?
Do people believe this narrative of a grossly negligent LE not following up on cadaver dog hits simply because a YT channel says it's so?

Does no one else but me find it odd that no attempt was made by the PE guys to reach AM last night from his purported location, especially given the fact that they've spoken with him every other night of the search, regardless of his location?

At. All.

Rhetorical question.

We're missing something.

JMO.

Well, I'd agree 80% but I have personal experience where the FBI and local LE screwed up.
Plus, there are cases. Vanessa Guillen comes to mind and there are so many more.
I generally "back the blue" but sometimes they mess up.

BBM:

What optics?

At. All.

Rhetorical questions.

We're missing something.

JMO.
Well I hope you’re right, but I’m having trouble staying as positive as you are. I’m starting to lose faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member