Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The towel, the blanket and the tarp?

I'm intrigued by these items, were these items found in a previous search area or in a new search area? How did they look i.e. dirty/sodden as if lying there for 4 months or pretty new/fresh? Was there visible evidence of harm on them such as blood evidence, were they located near to the Morphew home?

There are homeless people in the surrounding area so it's possible they are related to someone sleeping rough.

I think your theory is as good as any other theory. It wouldn't be the first time someone who has fought so hard to stay alive just can't do it anymore. Can't go through another bout of chemo. Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore. Acceptance sometimes can be braver than fighting, especially for a person of faith.

Does Colorado have a death with dignity law? I don’t think this is what happened. But IF it were, police would have determined this during the interviews. I can’t see Barry exposing himself to possible homicide charges if this was a mercy/assisted death.

I cannot recall where the link is (maybe @oviedo remembers?) but in one of the MSM links, a woman who also received cancer treatments at the same place SM did, mentioned that through this latest round of treatments, SM did not lose her hair.

If this is the case, and we have no reason to believe it's not, I'm guessing she'd have no reason to own a wig. Let alone, a nasty looking one like the one we're seeing in CM's tweet, that doesn't even resemble her actual hair style in nearly all the pics we've seen of her.

I don't have a clue who this person is, why CM tweeted that, or what the heck any of it has to do with where SM is.

Didn't we also hear that she had just celebrated being cancer-free and was moving to a maintenance dose of chemo on May 11?

I cannot recall where the link is (maybe @oviedo remembers?) but in one of the MSM links, a woman who also received cancer treatments at the same place SM did, mentioned that through this latest round of treatments, SM did not lose her hair.

If this is the case, and we have no reason to believe it's not, I'm guessing she'd have no reason to own a wig. Let alone, a nasty looking one like the one we're seeing in CM's tweet, that doesn't even resemble her actual hair style in nearly all the pics we've seen of her.

I don't have a clue who this person is, why CM tweeted that, or what the heck any of it has to do with where SM is.
here you go - BBM
Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

August 10, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — It has now been three months since a Chaffee County mother disappeared. For the first time, a family member of the woman is speaking out to FOX21 News.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10th, on Mother’s Day in the town of Maysville, Colorado.

One of Suzanne’s family members says that they are worried Barry, Suzanne’s husband hasn’t told investigators everything he knows. Barry told the family he was working in Denver when Suzanne was reported missing and their girls were on a camping trip out of state.

Her family also wants everyone to shine a bright light to remind the public that she is still missing and just how much she’s loved. FOX21 received photos of people shining lights all across the country and world.

[..]

One of Suzanne’s family members is breaking their silence with the promise of anonymity. They’re worried Barry is tampering with the investigation.

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information.

[..]

Michelle Davis is a childhood friend of Suzanne’s. She also attended church together and the bond they formed there grew. They both dealt with cancer, each staying strong for the other.

“Getting to go through this journey of cancer to see where God had led us and it was encouraging words for her that day to get to go through this together,” Davis added.

Suzanne’s family says she beat Non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a young girl in her late teens. At the time, the family says doctors told Suzanne the harsh treatments meant children weren’t likely in her future.

“She lost her hair back then because I remember her getting a wig,” Davis recalled. “She didn’t expect to lose her hair this time but it just thinned a little bit. I did lose my hair. It wasn’t losing the hair that was the hard part it was others treating you differently. She was praying that she wouldn’t lose her hair this time so that Barry and the girls wouldn’t see her like that.”

[..]

Investigators were handing out flyers on Monday and asking anyone with information to call the tipline at (719) 312-7530. So far 700 tips have been collected. Investigators went to Indiana a few weeks ago which is where Suzanne and Barry grew up to question friends and family.

FOX21 has reached out to Barry many times for an interview or a statement but haven’t heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for a safe return – no questions asked.

Does Colorado have a death with dignity law? I don’t think this is what happened. But IF it were, police would have determined this during the interviews. I can’t see Barry exposing himself to possible homicide charges if this was a mercy/assisted death.

It's possible that the ruse to hide a suicide/assisted/mercy death looked better on paper that the actual execution of the plan. My problem with it is that BM would have come clean much sooner considering how the investigation has focused on him being the only POI. Unless money plays a big role.

The latest on #SuzanneMorphew:
Sheriff's office expected to release another statement today. I was told Sheriff Spezze is out of the office this week, for medical reasons. The former acting PIO on the investigation, from CBI, is no longer the media lead
https://twitter.com/ellenkilloran/status/1311005137087930369?s=21
From the linked article:
“Susan Medina, Communications Director for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, who had since May been the acting spokesperson for the missing persons investigation, told CrimeOnline on Tuesday that she is no longer the media lead on the Morphew case. She said that the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was now the media lead and would likely be releasing a written statement about the investigation later Tuesday. A news conference is not expected on Tuesday, Medina said.”
I really don’t know what to think.

I just want Suzanne found.

The latest on #SuzanneMorphew:
Sheriff's office expected to release another statement today. I was told Sheriff Spezze is out of the office this week, for medical reasons. The former acting PIO on the investigation, from CBI, is no longer the media lead
Im not familiar with usual media procedures, would CBI handing the media lead back to Chafee County be an indication their not working on the case?

was CBI even doing anything media-wise?
or maybe CBI making the calls were the reason CCSO has been hush-hush?
I am hopeful the change in reigns will be for a good reason...
waiting once again with bated breath.

Last edited:
Im not familiar with usual media procedures, would CBI handing the media lead back to Chafee County be an indication their not working on the case?
I don’t think so, but I’m not exactly sure.

Normally local law enforcement would be the media lead for the duration, so it was odd that CBI even handled that aspect at all.

From the linked article:
“Susan Medina, Communications Director for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, who had since May been the acting spokesperson for the missing persons investigation, told CrimeOnline on Tuesday that she is no longer the media lead on the Morphew case. She said that the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was now the media lead and would likely be releasing a written statement about the investigation later Tuesday. A news conference is not expected on Tuesday, Medina said.”
I really don’t know what to think.

I just want Suzanne found.

Does this have anything to do with the release yesterday that was at first signed by the Sheriff and then that signature was removed? Maybe the Sheriff wasn't coordinated with the messaging and is pissed. IMO it's going to be hard to instill confidence when your own messaging is confusing. Sad that Suzanne and her family are paying the price for the confusion. The timing couldn't be worse, AM is doing everything he can to find and bring his sister home...

MOD NOTE

Re: CM's twitter asking the public to speculate on the identity of the rando wigged e-bike search spectator...

OUR rules here are clear: we cannot speculate by throwing random names/initials of people connected to this case, by insinuating they might be some sneaky person, up to no good, sneaking around search locations.

This crosses the line of our VICTIM FRIENDLY policy, which includes family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Sleuthing/naming/insinuating is against our rules here. Please post accordingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths does not allow sleuthing of random individuals (i.e. guy with a wig?).

Although PE is an approved source, if the content of any approved source is not in accordance with Websleuths TOS or values, please do not discuss it.

Sleuth away behind the scenes but don't post about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member