Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so damn confusing. I guess it’s possible that in addition to that lot purchase, there is land in another location that is owned by Barry.

Then again, the Daily Mail seems to have a photo of a dog with its handler at what appears to be that lot purchase site.

I’d love for the local media to, you know, do it’s job.

There is no local media. Now that LS is gone, it's completely uncovered - she was a stringer, she got a big story.

Now, there's no one. We wait to see if the vacuum is ever filled. I would not be surprised at all if there's very little coverage (locally) from now on.

Returning briefly to a question on the last thread about landscaping supply outlets, there are some surname overlaps between individuals cited in the press and names of gravel and sand companies.

It's a reminder that this county is quite small, and that it would take longer than a few years of chumming it up with the locals to orchestrate a widespread conspiracy or cover up. I think there's nothing more that the vast majority of Chaffee Co. residents want than a resolution to Suzanne's disappearance.

He also revealed he was told by FBI investigators the Morphew home stank of chlorine when it was searched by police in the days after Suzanne vanished

Am i the only one who totally missed this the first time they read the DM article? Very telling

If you wish to visit the site yourself in Google Earth, the coordinates are:

38°32'56.74"N, 106° 1'52.85"W

The closest Google Street View is on nearby County Road 160, but there is pretty much unobstructed 360 degree view. IMO

It’s not exactly rocket science that the dogs could hit on an area multiple times and human remains haven’t been recovered yet. Those aren’t mutually exclusive activities. The dogs hit, and then we wait on warrants, equipment and people to show up, then they dig, and then remains could be found.

He also revealed he was told by FBI investigators the Morphew home stank of chlorine when it was searched by police in the days after Suzanne vanished

Am i the only one who totally missed this the first time they read the DM article? Very telling

It was reported a while ago but was stated as bleach then iirc

To me, the photos in Daily Mail with the dog and handler don't look like property in or near Longhorn Ranch. And, it looks like there are some kind of high electrical transmission wires in the background, with orange uprights. I'm trying to think where orange uprights might be necessary ... near an airport, a ski area, or near a hilltop or mountaintop so airplanes would see during daylight hours...?

ETA: But, those uprights look like they are located in front of a hill, not on top of one, so... an airport?
Andy Johnstone-

33725688-8781305-A_second_search_of_the_site_took_place_on_Monday_using_different-a-12_1601329377547.jpg

33725684-8781305-Now_the_FBI_will_take_over_the_search_and_dig_up_the_remains_tha-a-13_1601329383381.jpg

FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online
This is definitely Longhorn Ranch subdivision, on realtor.com for the lot listings you can compare the valley floor views. The cloud cover in lower photo blocking the same realtor shots

There is no local media. Now that LS is gone, it's completely uncovered - she was a stringer, she got a big story.

Now, there's no one. We wait to see if the vacuum is ever filled. I would not be surprised at all if there's very little coverage (locally) from now on.
This doesn't seem fair to me. LS was so good at keeping Suzanne's name front and center in this case. Hopefully, she's doing well and will be able to speak out and share more once Suzanne is found.

It’s not exactly rocket science that the dogs could hit on an area multiple times and human remains haven’t been recovered yet. Those aren’t mutually exclusive activities. The dogs hit, and then we wait on warrants, equipment and people to show up, then they dig, and then remains could be found.
yes, then they have to confirm the identity of the remains, notify next of kin, try to determine Cause of Death, Manner of Death, and hopefully get the perp in custody. And then we should be notified. But don't bank on it if no reporters around.

LS was so immersed in the case she knew all the players, places and implications. The problem with other reporters dipping in and out is they don’t have the continuity of involvement in order to avoid jumbling things up

I also jumble things up but that has more to do with being a numpty

Last edited:
After finally catching up, I now have whiplash!

Good grief, what a day it seems.

I’m even more curious now about the absence of LS. Something is definitely wrong with that picture, IMO.

As a side note, I could totally see BM using that to his advantage - “well I was supposed to do an interview with LS this week, but she was a no show. I was totally gonna reveal all my activities of the weekend in question” :rolleyes: Right.

In all seriousness, I do hope LS is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89