Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
No, very little from LE. But in this article, BM does confirm the chlorine smell:
Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado
[Barry confirmed to FOX21 News he had been in that room, and had also noticed a strong smell.

“I did not go to the pool and I did not get chlorine,” he said. “I’m sure that they washed the rooms with that for the covid. I don’t know, but I [smelled] it too when I was in there.”]

It's possible people who stayed in the hotel room before BM got to it used bleach (maybe each day they stayed there) to wipe things down (because COVID). Bleach fumes can last a while, depending on amount used and accumulated, room ventilation, etc.

Cleaning crew in the hotel wouldn't necessarily know which surfaces (I wouldn't put it past fearful guests to have used it on bed and/or chair surfaces, door knobs, vanity and counter tops, sinks, drawer handles) to clean nor necessarily have products to neutralize bleach aroma.

How Long Does Bleach Fumes Last in the Air?

According to Action Cleanup, individuals can smell chlorine bleach in low quantities, as small as 0.002 ppm in the air, which can elicit these adverse health effects to those who are exposed to these aerosolized bleach fumes. When it comes to how long bleach smell and fumes will last in the air of a home, it will ultimately depend on the amount of bleach applied in this space, the size of this indoor environment, and the airflow and ventilation present in the home.

Again... just throwing it out there.

If the certain someone is as stupid (based on his statements, actions and lack of actions, etc.) as many here seem to suggest then there must be a reason. If the someone is guilty, then I might suggest he feels quite confident in his own handiwork because if he felt SM could be located he'd be playing the part differently. Apparently, there was enough time to enact for a very complete job.

Chris Watts is a “family annihilator.” These are killers with a very specific pathology. They are quite unique when it comes to murderers on the whole.

John List, Bradford Bishop, Chris Coleman; they all wanted a fresh start. They were willing to kill their entire families to achieve that.

Patrick Frazee is a much more common type of killer. He decided to kill Kelsey because he saw some gain (full custody).

This case probably is much like the Frazee case. The difference though, and the reason that it has garnered so much attention, is that it appeared to be an abduction.

It’s rare for a low risk victim to be abducted in a low crime area, especially in broad daylight.

Add in the fact that this appeared to be the quintessential American family, and you have a major news story.

Someone screwed up, big time.

The other case this one shares some similarities with in my mind is the Barbara Thomas case.

Not necessarily in terms of the circumstances of the disappearance itself, but with regard to some of the dynamics, the narrative building, the husband's statement re: just wanting whoever took her to let her go, "no questions asked," husband/RT (also coincidentally the last one to see his wife) quickly going completely silent and making no public efforts to organize searches, no effort to get the word out via SM or MSM interviews, etc.

And as we know, BT has still not been found, and no one has been charged in her disappearance.

I actually feel much more hopeful that we'll see someone arrested and charged in SM's case than I do about the chances of that happening in BT's case.

JMO.

bbm

It's possible people who stayed in the hotel room before BM got to it used bleach (maybe each day they stayed there) to wipe things down (because COVID). .

And housekeeping wouldn't notice or say anything when the hotel itself confirmed that guest rooms are definitely not disinfected or cleaned with bleach?

I don't believe that for a minute. I believe whatever Chlorine fumes came about in that room came as a result of the person who reserved that room for a worker and then used that room for himself first, and housekeeping wasn't in that room between person 1 with the tools using the room and his patsy arriving later.

IMO

Does anyone know if the Fire Camp was part of the searchers' path (either back in May or this more recent search)?

Sorry, I've not read one way or the other that this area was searched. It's possible the GIS coordinates of areas searched have been published at PE website. If so, the address of the Fire Camp is easily available to cross-reference.

Thank you so much for saying that last part about DV. I truly wasn’t aware that in this day and age some people think that only certain “types” can be involved in DV situations.

I realize now after some posts that perhaps our nation as a whole needs to do better in educating others of the realities of domestic violence. Unfortunately, DV happens in ALL walks of live, no matter race, economic status, gender, religion or education. I should know. Consider yourself lucky if you’ve never been or known anyone that’s been affected by DV.

I’m an educated person with a degree, and I consider myself a strong person for dealing with several obstacles thrown my way very early on in life, but I fell victim to domestic violence nonetheless. However, I made it out and became even stronger as a result. I have a feeling SM was finding her strength again and something went horribly wrong.
JMO.
ITA! The notion that Suzanne was such a strong person, having twice survived cancer and being very religious, and that this somehow made her impervious to abuse is ridiculous.

I also had a similar experience with a narcissist; they were so smart, covert and manipulative that it took me some time to realize it was abusive. Not that I think Barry is smart :) What I am saying, it could happen to anyone.

The other case this one shares some similarities with in my mind is the Barbara Thomas case.

Not necessarily in terms of the circumstances of the disappearance itself, but with regard to some of the dynamics, the narrative building, the husband's statement re: just wanting whoever took her to let her go, "no questions asked," husband/RT (also coincidentally the last one to see his wife) quickly going completely silent and making no public efforts to organize searches, no effort to get the word out via SM or MSM interviews, etc.

And as we know, BT has still not been found, and no one has been charged in her disappearance.

I actually feel much more hopeful that we'll see someone arrested and charged in SM's case than I do about the chances of that happening in BT's case.

JMO.
yes GK I think a lot of similarities with these women too.

Makes me sad the lack of noise about BT's case.

But there it is.... the biggest similarity with the cases.

ISOLATION.

It is a very powerful form of domestic abuse.

Both cases the last to see them alive spouses have some idiotic convoluted story of why she disappeared and yet quietly gets on with accepting the situation.o_O

moo

Sorry, I've not read one way or the other that this area was searched. It's possible the GIS coordinates of areas searched have been published at PE website. If so, the address of the Fire Camp is easily available to cross-reference.

I checked against the arcGIS map, which seems to indicate that was not an area searched previously. Weirdly, I thought I had seen one of the searcher's indicators up in that gulch when they were live this past week, but am likely misremembering.

Was just curious about some of points of interest that happen to fall on the way between Maysville & Broomfield.

MG reported: "[BM] was acting really weird about the beach area... he seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday."

Both LE and AM teams searched that beach area. Nothing reported as found.

MG also reported "He said he had to go make the wife happy, so some hiking or biking. And I found out, like, later that day he was in town all day."

Maybe that's why BM was acting weird... under pressure to get the job done because there's a schedule to follow... it was a property working under a construction schedule... but he also had to get home for MD with SM. As for MG "finding out, like, later" BM was in town all day, that's 2nd hand info, right? Maybe he was looking for a MD's gift for SM? It's possible.

Regardless, nothing was reported discovered at the location; not under the slab concrete, not along the beach/riverbed.

As for MB reported that late on May 9: "At first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway... but no, it kept running." It certainly could have been BM, moving boulders down to and/or around the beach area. Schedule pressure. It's possible.

I can't locate an 'acceptable to WS' website source article for the above info but since it's been discussed here through many threads may I not include a link? I think the link I have might not be acceptable. No, it isn't R****t nor DM.

bbm
An abduction was a real possibility in the Elizabeth Smart case.

Here it looks like law enforcement became privy to information that ruled it out in those early hours and days.

The reward in and of itself, while odd, isn’t incriminating. It’s the fact that someone willing to offer a reward that size, was unwilling to actually make a media appeal. That is incriminating.

I’ve followed countless abduction cases over the years; the only time I have ever seen this behavior is from a guilty person.

May I inquire which case? I would like to review that perp's actions for comparisons. Thx.

MG reported: "[BM] was acting really weird about the beach area... he seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday."

Both LE and AM teams searched that beach area. Nothing found.

MG also reported "He said he had to go make the wife happy, so some hiking or biking. And I found out, like, later that day he was in town all day."

Maybe that's why BM was acting weird... under pressure to get the job done because there's a schedule to follow... it was a property working under a construction schedule... but he also had to get home for MD with SM. As for MG "finding out, like, later" BM was in town all day, that's 2nd hand info, right? Maybe he was looking for a MD's gift for SM? It's possible.

Regardless, nothing was discovered at the location; not under the slab concrete, not along the beach/riverbed.

As for MB reported that late on May 9: "At first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway... but no, it kept running." It certainly could have been BM, moving boulders down to and/or around the beach area. Schedule pressure. It's possible.

I can't locate an 'acceptable to WS' website source article for the above info but since it's been discussed here through many threads may I not include a link? I think the link I have might not be acceptable. It isn't R****t nor DM.

So he quit an existing job early on Saturday to spend time with SM but then created a new job for Sunday which was also Mother’s Day at the last minute and left at 5am? That guy manages his time very oddly.

bbm

It's possible people who stayed in the hotel room before BM got to it used bleach (maybe each day they stayed there) to wipe things down (because COVID). Bleach fumes can last a while, depending on amount used and accumulated, room ventilation, etc.

Cleaning crew in the hotel wouldn't necessarily know which surfaces (I wouldn't put it past fearful guests to have used it on bed and/or chair surfaces, door knobs, vanity and counter tops, sinks, drawer handles) to clean nor necessarily have products to neutralize bleach aroma.

How Long Does Bleach Fumes Last in the Air?

Again... just throwing it out there.
Found another use for chlorine bleach:

Disinfecting Your Garden Tools - Gardening Solutions - University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences

>>>snip

...Chlorine bleach is inexpensive, effective, and easy to find. However, it is corrosive, can produce harmful fumes, and isn't as effective against viruses as some other products. To use chlorine bleach to disinfect horticultural tools, mix up a 10% bleach solution (one part bleach to nine parts water) and do a 30-minute soak. The solution has a short lifespan—effectiveness is cut in half after two hours—so fresh batches should be made for each round of cleaning .Rinse tools with clean water after soaking to prevent corrosion....

and

....Whether you have one tool for the whole garden or many you rotate between, it is important to sterilize as frequently as possibly. Remember, clean garden tools are an important part of garden sanitation, and can prevent the spread of disease-causing pathogens. For more information on sterilizing your garden tools or dealing with disease in your landscape, contact your local county Extension office...

<<<snip

However, I made it out and became even stronger as a result. I have a feeling SM was finding her strength again and something went horribly wrong.
JMO.
^^RSBM

Good on you @Gigi3 and glad that you are here to speak of your success! I agree about SM finding her strength -- recovering from cancer, getting her girls raised, and she nearly got away. I believe SM disappearing is all about money and greed, and somebody not wanting to divide his empire.

MOO

So he quit an existing job early on Saturday to spend time with SM but then created a new job for Sunday which was also Mother’s Day at the last minute and left at 5am? That guy manages his time very oddly.
Certainly odd. Doesn't look good. But it could have been yet another element feeding his anxiety, his "acting strange"... so many jobs to get done. Maybe Saturday evening SM ended her texting with the friend because BM wanted to discuss the job scheduling and that he had to get that other job started, etc. "I'll leave at five and try to get home as early as I can and then we'll ..." whatever. Maybe he feels responsible because of his not being home with SM?

It's possible.

It seems so many seemingly coincidental elements support a spousal perp situation. I agree. The few puzzle pieces we THINK we have (assumed complete and in context) certainly could be constructed to reveal a "G" and "U", maybe some of "I" in "GUILTY!". The full picture can not (yet) be constructed.

My eyes are full. what a sad but not unexpected day. I have found this so emotional, even more so since being and seeing all of this in Colorado.
#justiceforsuzanne #findsuzanne #shinebrightforsuzanne

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to shedding a tear over the news today. To be the family must be gut wrenching.

I will not stop looking, trying, helping, supporting and even remain hopeful that the perpetrator will in fact receive what is right, justice. Personally, I do not believe he is smart enough to carry this out without flaws. He may have the equipment, time and ability but he inevitably overlooked something. Just like water, time will wear him and anyone that knows down. I look forward to seeing him get what is coming...

Ultimately, I am sad for SM, her girls and her immediate family. They were all so helpful and supportive. They deserve answers and closure. The irrational side of me feels awfully sad that SM is still out there, alone. I know she’s gone but that thought is haunting I believe.
Bless you @TKG
I am sure it was heart wrenching to be there but Thank you for being there for Suzanne !!
Your WS family is behind you and appreciate your efforts.
Your efforts and @NoSI and all the others that dedicated their time to search.

bbm

May I inquire which case? I would like to review that perp's actions for comparisons. Thx.
Patrick Frazee for one, he didn’t attend the press conference, and never did a thing to find his missing fiancé. He basically sat back, and said “prove it.”

Barbara Thomas’ husband behaved the same way, although that (IMO) won’t ever lead to murder charges.

Ah, okay so digging a bit more into the GPS search points, it seems that the Fire Camp base was not part of the searches.

However--and I believe this may have been been discussed already--the location that is flagged with the discovery of the bike might have some connection to the fire prevention groups operating in the area. This is the same location where CCFPD responded to a structure fire on May 6 (mile marker 207, north of Fooses Creek.

Edit: The map point in the linked article above is misleading; superimposed mile marker locations can be found on this CDoT map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member