Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a question for the legal people, what guardianship would need GMs approval?
I’m not a legal person, but in a nutshell... BM filed in Indiana for guardianship of SM so he could sell a house there with both their names on the deed. I believe it required one other immediate family members approval. The eldest daughter ended up signing. We just learned today that he had first asked GM to sign.

This was less than a month (June) after SM disappeared. He was granted temporary guardianship and after 90 days he was granted permanent guardianship (September).

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew
The pending petition states that Suzanne Morphew “is deemed incapacitated under Indiana Law because she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry.”

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.

“The need exists for the appointment of a guardian of the alleged incapacitated person in that she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry and property in Hamilton County, Indiana, needs to be sold,” the petition reads.
The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

I have my doubts the sandwich tip came from Poncha Market.

We have two reports from the employees there. First the note BM left, then later the employee who saw him digging in the dumpster. Seems they have no issue putting what they saw out there.

Way back in the beginning I remember something about Suzanne picking up lunch. There was a map pin somewhere and we talked about the restaurant location as the location didn't seem to be accurate. Anyone else remember that?

I remember something about her picking up lunch from an Asian restaurant that I think now has gone out of business.

Does anyone here have some familiarity with the PPP loan process? The list of approved applications is public data, but not the denied applications.

I was surprised to see how few companies took advantage of the program in Chaffee (comparing this with my small, tourist-dependent home town). But that surprise assumes that few applications were made in the first place; I totally failed to consider the number of potential denials.

Just thinking outside the box, if one missed out on the chance of interest-free money, the source of which was drying up by the end of April, perhaps one might start considering the broader financial panorama of one’s existence.

So if he needed Gene’s signature for the guardianship papers, did BM forge his signature or was it not needed to get the papers prepared and approved by the Judge? Cannot wait until we can see this document and so many more .

Generally, the pecking order is spouse, adult child, and parent of the protected person. There was no forgery or wrongdoing by BM in filing a petition for guardianship of SM.

Personally, I think BM asked GM to sign the consent that he could avoid telling MM about the legal action he was seeking for as long as possible.

MOO

I'm sure she did during the five interviews she had with LE, IMO.
Yes, neither JP or MG mentioned a specific time. If MG said what time Barry called her in her interview, that might be something LS would not feel comfortable revealing. The interview lasted over an hour, and we only saw a few minutes worth.

I have my doubts the sandwich tip came from Poncha Market.

We have two reports from the employees there. First the note BM left, then later the employee who saw him digging in the dumpster. Seems they have no issue putting what they saw out there.

Way back in the beginning I remember something about Suzanne picking up lunch. There was a map pin somewhere and we talked about the restaurant location as the location didn't seem to be accurate. Anyone else remember that?

I just checked on Covid restrictions and restaurants were allowed to serve take out back in May, so I think you are right that it was more likely a sandwich shop as opposed to specifically being the Poncha Market.

Premeditation or not?
If BM was in town with SM at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, did he speak to JP about the Broomfield job before or after 4:00 p.m.?
According to JP, he met BM in town on Saturday afternoon and that is when he was lined up for the job on Sunday.

It really makes no sense that BM would line JP out for the job on Saturday afternoon, and then twelve or more hours later frantically text other workers to "round up his crew" for Broomfield. If AM received his information from LE, one would have to assume that LE has the actual text messages in evidence (taken from BM's phone, taken from MG's phone, taken from cellular carrier data, or taken from all three sources). The mere existence of those texts would tend to cast doubt on JP's entire account (if in fact they do exist). IMO

I just checked on Covid restrictions and restaurants were allowed to serve take out back in May, so I think you are right that it was more likely a sandwich shop as opposed to specifically being the Poncha Market.
I don’t think Chaffee even had a mask ordinance at that point.

Omg. Wow.

So this is why the timeline doesn’t add up.

Barry was “rambling down the road at 4, trying to get a ride to Bloomfield.”

Wowza.

I mean, if he was rambling down the road, looking for a ride to Broomfield, I can see why MG thought the 4am call seemed like BM had the worst night of his life.

As is common with this case, one new statement leads to so many new questions.

“It just seems like there’s an awful lot of odd things going on.”

Andy asks a brilliant fricken question. Basically, “what do you think, based on your experience?”

Dr. Phil says he can’t explain why Barry isn’t leading the charge, and why he’s not doing everything he can to clear himself.

“I don’t understand his behavior at all.”-Dr. Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member