Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if, due to Covid, the church camp trip resulted in any rescheduling.

I wonder what possessed BM to reach out to MG at 4 am. He didn't think THAT was too soon? Why didn't he wait until 8 am? Was she already expecting to work with him on Mother's Day and he needed to make sure he reached her before what? Before she left without an entire crew?

I have to believe he never intended to pay ANY of them to repair a wall. I think he paid them HANDSOMELY (I gave him an opportunity -- they all jumped at it) to stay away.... I think he thought he COULD BUY THEM, agreement being, "you SAY you were working for me."

I hope they retrieved every last text message he sent that day.

He'll be his own downfall.

Oh, Barry.

JMO

(Repost for everyone just coming in).

New info:

*BM called Gene and told him he loved his daughter, and asked him to sign guardianship papers.

* Andy believes it happened in the house, and she was then taken to a second location, hence "abduction." He also believes she was murdered.

*Suzanne was last seen at a sandwich shop (with BM) on Saturday, around 4pm.

*Friend requests went out to Andy's friends around midnight, Saturday night.

*BM was driving around at 4am Sunday morning, texting his workers like crazy from the road.

*EVI did not line up with BM's version of events.

* 3 areas the dogs hit:
-riverfront
-a tree planting
-an addition being put in, in an entrance area with blocks

Are we making an assumption that BM was driving to Broomfield at 4 am when he was texting his (former) workers? It's obvious that his testimony doesn't line up with the EVI but how do we know where he was driving to Broomfield?

I wonder if, due to Covid, the church camp trip resulted in any rescheduling.

I wonder what possessed BM to reach out to MG at 4 am. He didn't think THAT was too soon? Why didn't he wait until 8 am? Was she already expecting to work with him on Mother's Day and he needed to make sure he reached her before what? Before she left without an entire crew?

I have to believe he never intended to pay ANY of them to repair a wall. I think he paid them HANDSOMELY (I gave him an opportunity -- they all jumped at it) to stay away.... I think he thought he COULD BUY THEM, agreement being, "you SAY you were working for me."

I hope they retrieved every last text message he sent that day.

He'll be his own downfall.

Oh, Barry.

JMO
Remember when PE said that LS had information that would blow BM’s timeline out of the water? I wonder if MG told her about the 4AM texting to Broomfield?

Perhaps LS had that info and was planning on revealing it at another time after she received the paperwork she was hoping for on the wall job. Very strange that LS has gone quiet. IMO.

Not sure why but that term, "Incapacitated" bothers me so much ! :(

Graphic comment follows :

It sounds like someone who has been struck in the head, strangled, or otherwise immobilized.
Made to be helpless, and unable to respond to anyone.
As in a semi-comatose state, near death but not deceased yet; the way someone might have seen Suzanne in her final moments ?
Chilling to the core.

Remember that reward BM offered, which was doubled by the friend's additional offer ?
For her safe return with no questions asked.
For all BM knows-- a kidnapper could have her and she could be unsafe and traumatized but in her right mind and wanting to escape.

So why did BM use that specific word ?
Imo that's b/c the last time he saw her she was incapacitated or dead. :(
Maybe the word bothered you because it sounds like the word "decapitated." Anyway, I don't think it was Barry who first used the word "incapacitated." He was probably referring to the legal definition in regard to the document.

I wonder if there were other papers, because the guardianship papers, that BM asked GM to sign. The Moorman family didn't seem to know about the guardianship papers until MSM contacted them.... so did BM's loving call to his father in law occur before or after that? I wonder if there was property that Suzanne may have held in joint tenancy with her father, that BM wanted the father to sign over to the daughter so the beloved son in law could sign it over to himself.

Nope, never too soon to grab all the money.

Anyone else find it grossly illuminating that he doesn't seem to feel compelled to search (or even fake-search) for his missing wife but has all kinds of clever energy for searching the searchers? Wasn't too soon for that.

When this is all said and done, and a conviction is had, I hope there's still money left for the daughters. They've suffered enough.

And I hope they find a world of support.

JMO

I think what is equally intriguing is what would compel these “spies” to help BM? Andy’s search was private but the CBI/FBI are involved in this case. It’s hard to fathom interjecting yourself into that situation unless you personally have something to lose if BM is guilty.
If you're not from Indiana or a small town like Alexandria, you might not understand how connected people are by familial relationships and/or who have known families in the community for three, four, or more generations. Plus sports are very important in small communities like this as a form of entertainment, spending time together, etc, etc. So the "BM was framed" group includes not only fellow athletes and their families (Think A-Men Athletic Association.), but large families of lots of extended cousins of which BM is one. So I think the plants, from this area at least, were there out of a sense of loyalty to a local baseball legend. MOO

Do you think that he thought it would really work? The crew would find a way to go fix the wall? His alibi would be believed?

It guess if LE had believed the bike ride happened, they could have bought the alibi too. But BM some big mistake and LE saw it.
Moo

He wasn’t even thinking about the wall getting fixed. He was thoroughly convinced that LE would buy his story “no questions asked”. He figured they’d check to see if he really was in Broomfield, he was, and he’d be home free.

I have my doubts the sandwich tip came from Poncha Market.

We have two reports from the employees there. First the note BM left, then later the employee who saw him digging in the dumpster. Seems they have no issue putting what they saw out there.

Way back in the beginning I remember something about Suzanne picking up lunch. There was a map pin somewhere and we talked about the restaurant location as the location didn't seem to be accurate. Anyone else remember that?

Am I misremembering a bike shop that had some kind of food/sandwich shop attached to it?

Generally, the pecking order is spouse, adult child, and parent of the protected person. There was no forgery or wrongdoing by BM in filing a petition for guardianship of SM.

Personally, I think BM asked GM to sign the consent that he could avoid telling MM about the legal action he was seeking for as long as possible.

MOO

There may be other properties sold since June that haven't been identified. Maybe.

So if he needed Gene’s signature for the guardianship papers, did BM forge his signature or was it not needed to get the papers prepared and approved by the Judge? Cannot wait until we can see this document and so many more .
So I'm replying before I get to the end of the thread against my norm.
My ex got physical custody of my youngest son(a minor). A year into kidnapping him where I had no clue where they where, coecred my oldest son (an adult) to be guardian of my youngests legal earnings (another thing I was opposed to) in my ex's narcissists ways he got my oldest to allow for small allowances of money to my ex to allow him to keep my youngest son hidden from me. He promised oldest son money which he needed and was to embarrassed to tell me about to release money. I gave ex physically custody in the divorce(another narcissist force move) so the courts never contacted me. All this to say I totally understand from where the daughter signed off on this, lessons I learned. So sad Suzanne will never get to learn from. So sorry how personal this is but maybe explains how the daughter gave this permission. And again I feel so bad for her to be forced into this position.

Am I misremembering a bike shop that had some kind of food/sandwich shop attached to it?

I also remember this being discussed on a very early thread (the first one?)

This is what I remember:

1. Suzanne picked up a takeout meal
2. Dinner not lunch
3. On the Friday evening but an exact time not given
4. From a cafe in Salida
5. Located near a bike shop
6. A poster at the time provided a google map with a pin
7. The pin was ambiguously placed and the cafe was hard to identify
8. Another poster at the time asked lots of questions trying to ascertain the exact location

This is just my recollection and I could not find the original posts when I searched
moo

You are not misremembering. TD went to two bike shops of three that he was told were in Salida. The one that he spent the least time at has a sandwich shop attached to it. TD said he could not find the fourth shop, which is primarily a repair and tune-up shop. LS located that shop and said she confirmed SM had visited it on Thursday, but LS did not publish any interview with the sole proprietor of that shop. There is nothing associated with that shop except the owner's residence on the same property.
Could SM have visited the sandwich shop associated with that other bike shop? Certainly. It was open and serving both curb service takeout and open patio seating within social distancing guidelines. Did she eat there? I have no answer for that. My personal opinion is that the sighting at a sandwich shop was the not last sighting of SM, or we would have heard something more definitive about it from someone by now.
IMO

I have my doubts the sandwich tip came from Poncha Market.

We have two reports from the employees there. First the note BM left, then later the employee who saw him digging in the dumpster. Seems they have no issue putting what they saw out there.

Way back in the beginning I remember something about Suzanne picking up lunch. There was a map pin somewhere and we talked about the restaurant location as the location didn't seem to be accurate. Anyone else remember that?
Not sure if it was answered about the map pin about her last location but I think this is what you were remembering.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

If you're not from Indiana or a small town like Alexandria, you might not understand how connected people are by familial relationships and/or who have known families in the community for three, four, or more generations. Plus sports are very important in small communities like this as a form of entertainment, spending time together, etc, etc. So the "BM was framed" group includes not only fellow athletes and their families (Think A-Men Athletic Association.), but large families of lots of extended cousins of which BM is one. So I think the plants, from this area at least, were there out of a sense of loyalty to a local baseball legend. MOO
The DW (also from Alexandria) agrees with this 100 percent. DWOO.

bbm
Maybe after a while now he'll have her declared deceased, and once a judge grants that-- BM will come out with some flowery statements about how badly he feels ?

He may have a long time to write those flowery statements.

Unless LE declares her dead, I believe in Colorado a person has to be missing five years before they can be declared deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541