Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also consider BM telling LE and LS that he left at 5 am and Suzanne was asleep but knowing he left earlier and was texting people another sign of his stupidity. Duh! Didn’t he know LE would check his phone and that would be easily proven to be a lie? I guess he really did think they would buy the abduction story hook, line & sinker and never suspect him! Big mistake, HUGE!
Which is why MG was told she didn't have to give LE her phone....I would guess

If the station is the #5 reference then what does that imply? Firefighter buddy accomplice? Or BM took Suzanne’s body there? She was burned? (Sorry :() Too bad that building and grounds were not searched with cadaver dogs. How far is the tree with the rocks from Station #5? It appears to be a small station which is probably a volunteer station that is not manned 24 hours. If BM burned Suzanne’s remains (again sorry :() then it would be easier to bury her under a tree. Maybe she was initially buried near the beach, moved to LHR and then burned and finally buried under the tree? All speculation.

Also re Dr. Phil...could that be what Chris was referring to on Live chat last night? He said something was going to come out soon and the 5 would become clear. The Dr. Phil clip revealed BM was on the road at 4 am texting his workers. Therefore he couldn’t have left Suzanne sleeping at 5 am. So is that the #5 reference then? :confused:

Also according to the Dr. Phil clip Suzanne was alive and getting food in town at 4 pm on Saturday. If that is true then the timeline is narrowed down to exclude Friday but how did Andy get the 3.5 hours if we aren’t sure who was on Facebook at midnight? And what about her texting with her friend and the communication abruptly ending around 12:30 pm on Saturday if she was alive at 4 pm?

That mark on the google map was random. It was a map of the area from google.

(Repost for everyone just coming in).

New info:

*BM called Gene and told him he loved his daughter, and asked him to sign guardianship papers.

* Andy believes it happened in the house, and she was then taken to a second location, hence "abduction." He also believes she was murdered.

*Suzanne was last seen at a sandwich shop (with BM) on Saturday, around 4pm.

*Friend requests went out to Andy's friends around midnight, Saturday night.

*BM was driving around at 4am Sunday morning, texting his workers like crazy from the road.

*EVI did not line up with BM's version of events.

* 3 areas the dogs hit:
-riverfront
-a tree planting
-an addition being put in, in an entrance area with blocks

Why didnt they dig up that tree?

Why didnt they dig up that tree?
Here’s what the Sheriffs Office said about it (snipped by me).

1. is the riverfront beach job site
2. is the tree
3. is the Longhorn Ranch site where they performed digging

Also this week, members of the law enforcement task force responded to the report of human remains trained dogs “alerting” on three separate properties in Chaffee County. To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family. One of the locations investigated by the task force was along the Arkansas River in the county. The dog handler used on that private property was interviewed by our team and explained that the dogs did not “alert” to anything on the property but did show interest. Our law enforcement team obtained consent from the property owner, and after further investigation, including working with the private human remains dogs on the property, it was determined this was not a viable lead in this case.

A second property near the Morphew home was also investigated after the same dog team alerted to an area on that private property. Our investigation team, immediately upon being notified, secured the scene and provided around the clock security until investigators from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s office, FBI and CBI arrived. This location of interest on the private property, with the consent of the property owner, was investigated extensively by members of the task force, and found to have no evidentiary significance to the case.

A third location was also identified in unincorporated Chaffee County near Salida on private property where a different pair of human remains dogs alerted. Also, once alerted, our team responded immediately and secured the property providing security around the clock. This morning our team, along with the FBI and CBI, and with consent of the property owner, excavated this location and once again, nothing of evidentiary value to the Suzanne Morphew case was located.

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

Jumping in here re: the Facebook activity.

It appears that two different things happened re: Facebook that weekend.

First, a number of individuals (all the ones that the DW is aware of were FEMALE, but this is her group of friends, so it could also extend to males) saw SM pop up as either a "friend suggestion" or "people you may know" repeatedly that weekend. All of these individuals were FB friends with BM and not SM. She can't pin that down to a specific time, but all of them said SM was repeatedly showing in those lists (and hadn't before, at least not that they noticed). And, just for clarity, my DW noticed this before SM was reported missing (so I don't believe it to be something that was actually routine but suddenly jumped out once this became news). I believe [

Additionally, that same weekend, I believe AM referenced that some of his friends (I believe these were likely males) received friend requests from SM late on Saturday evening (around midnight). My DW knows one of these individuals, and he had no direct connection to either SM or BM (other than also being from Alexandria and was friends with AM). This is just bizarre and I don't have any great thoughts as to what it means.

All MOO.
Dbm

Last edited:
Yes, I think the body is very well hidden, too, and not near the property. He had so many remote and hidden locations to chose from.

And yes, we don't know what LE knows and it's possible they are close to an arrest.

I meant that the PE guys, when referencing the five in relation to an upcoming Press Conference, were hoping that her body had been found, or that there was enough evidence for an arrest. They seemed very excited about the dogs alerting to those three locations, and were disappointed when they thought LE was disregarding the evidence.
I see now. And yes, I agree!

It seems AM has either been given a green light from LE to reveal certain info, in which case we might expect an LE action (arrest and presser) Real. Soon. Now. ... or ... AM has gone rogue against LE request to remain silent, in which case we still might expect an LE action (arrest and presser) but not necessarily Real. Soon. Now.

But .... soon.

Let’s hope so!! Dr. Phil asked Andy what was the next step or something like that and Andy said an arrest would be made...

Is it possible AM had the green light to discuss this information because an arrest is imminent? Otherwise BM is getting a heads up on some things LE knows. Dr. Phil asked Andy if BM knows that LE have this information and Andy said he didn’t think BM did...so therefore BM would know as soon as he saw Dr. Phil or even the preview clip. For all we know he could be reading WS and see it here first! Unless he was being arrested today?

Has anyone checked the jail? Could it actually finally truly be Felony Friday?!!

IMO, listening to AM talking to Dr. Phil, he seemed adamant about the 4pm public Saturday sighting of SM w/ BM. If this is true, that's a big deal and really narrows the public's timeline down or at least my own.

Thinking back to LS's interview with MG, IIRC, she aired the part where MG stated she talked to BM on Sunday and he sounded like he had the worst night of his life. I absolutely think LS would have asked, what time was this on Sunday? I believe LS decided not to air the actual time of this call. Which is fine and she would have her reasons. IMO

I'm still thrown off by this 4pm public Saturday sighting (if true) of SM and how this was never reported in the media. It's such a simple and crucial event of when the missing person was last seen by someone other than the people in her home. If true, stumped on this one. Unless the person (s) who was a witness to this sighting didn't want to go public with it, and talked to LE but did want to talk to the media, which I totally respect. IMO

ItA.
Two things.
1. He doesn't have a clue how he comes across to others. That's how he's made.
2. Those papers were very important to him. Motive, money.
Moo
So, Barry said to Gene that he loved his daughter, as in past tense? When did Barry come to that conclusion, was she officially determined to be deceased then, even now?

This time line is so very helpful. As I struggle with new, conflicting information, it occurs to me that this progression is probably seen by profession LE as the norm.
Moo
Thanks, @Fireflize. A timeline is always a floating organism until the case is closed. When you think of a line, there is always a beginning and an end. Sometimes, as in this case, you don’t even know where the line starts. (We really don’t even know where the line ends.). As you check digital data, interview witnesses, check alibis, and examine physical evidence, you start marking points along the line.
Those points may change; a witness lies, an alibi falls through, a piece of evidence becomes ambiguous.
LE does exactly what we do every day here on WS. Fortunately for them, they have more plots on the line to plug in than we do.

Had we heard the employees reported BM frantically calling and texting employees at 0400 Sunday morning?

This and being seen with BM in town getting a sandwich is new.

Hmmmm.
RBBM. Not exactly. MG stated that BM called her Sunday morning to get a crew together for the Broomfield job. I don’t think any of us thought it was at 4:00 a.m.

RSBM

Correction: Friends of BM see SM appear in both their "Friend Suggestions" and/or "People You May Know" on FB. (they did NOT receive friend requests from SM)

The info re: friends of AM receiving friend requests from SM is true.

Thank you - great timeline!!
Thanks, @Hoosierfan72. I will make the change on the master copy.

Apparently they have one thing on BM, lies.
MOO, but I do think they have more than that. I think they, at a minimum, have suspicious GPS and phone data (phone being turned on/off at strange times, GPS and phone data not matching up, etc.) and evidence of a 'clean up' (use of bleach, lack of fingerprints on the bike/helmet, etc.). JMO, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also have some forensic evidence from the house that shows there was a struggle, evidence of some tampering with the security system, emails and google search histories that are sketchy, etc., etc. I actually think we'll be shocked when we learn how much evidence they have.

But, to your point, the lies are important, IMO. I think it's a sloppy cover up that LE likely easily identified and that, I believe, will make a huge dent in BMs plausible deniability. Because if it can be proven that he was involved in covering up the crime, that rules so many scenarios completely out (including mountain lion, stranger abduction, SM leaving on her own, etc.). MOO

my understanding is the Dr Phil show
Thanks, @oviedo !
With all due respect to Dr. Phil --I'd like to hear this from LE themselves.

I thought early on in the case that the sandwich shop sighting was by an employee and they couldn't be certain it was Suzanne ?
Maybe BM and another female ?
As in an employee or a platonic friend ?

I think Andy was possibly given more information (from LE ?) and I know his intentions are honorable.
Just a press release from LE would be helpful to verify this sighting.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members