Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all thank that judge back in Indiana for this.
He awarded BM permanent guardianship of SM back in September:
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

BM is completely free to do whatever he wants with her assets now.

This is why so many of us went ballistic as soon as we heard that the judge had awarded BM perm. guardianship.

I really, really wish her family had contested that filing.

This is sickening.

JMO.

I don't blame the judge or anybody else for not contesting the guardianship. Based on the law, the result here was inevitable. The problem is the Indiana state legislature for allowing a band-aid on an issue (missing person) that in my opinion, required formal dressing and where antiseptic is not optional. MS should have never been lumped in with "incapacitated" persons as Indiana statute defines missing persons.

I'm glad we have a separate law specifically for managing finances and estates of missing persons.

If not for the Indiana statute (awarding BM perm guardianship of SM), Colorado requires 5 years before SM could be declared dead.

Last edited:
Wow.

I would expect one would still be holding on to some hope (however unlikely) that their loved one may still return after 5 months....not putting the house up for sale?! How is BM so sure SM isn't coming back??

The guardianship in Indiana could be understandable. I could see the timing being an issue, the sale could maybe have fallen through if they were unable to close on time....and SM may have been on board with that....But listing the CO house right now is unbelievable! I hope LE have been looking into his finances...IMO there is something there that if found out, would be more harmful to BM (in his view anyway) than losing his wife. His own words "if one person could be saved...." Was he talking about himself? Maybe the girls? Would he consider their lives "ruined" if whatever he is hiding came to light if there was a divorce?? All speculation, MOO.

I don't blame the judge or anybody else for not contesting the guardianship. Based on the law, the result here was inevitable. The problem is the Indiana state legislature for allowing a band-aid on an issue (missing person) that required formal dressing and where antiseptic is not optional. MS should have never been lumped in with "incapacitated" persons as defined by Indiana statute.

I'm glad we have a separate law specifically for managing finances and estates of missing persons. If not for the Indiana statute, Colorado requires 5 years before
SM declared dead.
But the only thing left would be a life insurance policy for him to collect (and with her cancer history and no employment with that as a benefit I doubt she had one) - he doesn’t need her declared dead he has control of all of her assets now
IMO

I don't blame the judge or anybody else for not contesting the guardianship. Based on the law, the result here was inevitable. The problem is the Indiana state legislature for allowing a band-aid on an issue (missing person) that required formal dressing and where antiseptic is not optional. MS should have never been lumped in with "incapacitated" persons as defined by Indiana statute.

I'm glad we have a separate law specifically for managing finances and estates of missing persons. If not for the Indiana statute, Colorado requires 5 years before
SM declared dead.

I think I read somewhere the house was in the foundations name & the foundation was transferred into BM’s name?!
Maybe those are the papers BM wanted GM to sign??

But the only thing left would be a life insurance policy for him to collect (and with her cancer history and no employment with that as a benefit I doubt she had one) - he doesn’t need her declared dead he has control of all of her assets now
IMO
Correct, he has Guardianship letters by Indiana -- it's a done deal.

This is unbelievable I wonder why he is suddenly selling off property and is seemingly so desperate to get money. Maybe he thinks an arrest is coming soon and he needs to get money for legal counsel or he thinks that if he is arrested the girls will need money to live on while he is locked away. I just don't know what to say at this point everything is screaming guilty!

This is unbelievable I wonder why he is suddenly selling off property and is seemingly so desperate to get money. Maybe he thinks an arrest is coming soon and he needs to get money for legal counsel or he thinks that if he is arrested the girls will need money to live on while he is locked away. I just don't know what to say at this point everything is screaming guilty!
Listing the property is not a guarantee it will be sold. It could take months if not years. I guess we wait and see.

I think I read somewhere the house was in the foundations name & the foundation was transferred into BM’s name?!
Maybe those are the papers BM wanted GM to sign??
No the deed is in both their names and the foundation used the house address as its mailing address - of course he may have already quit claimed the marital home to just himself by now but we can’t sleuth him
So JMO

Anyone else feel just a very sad sadness?

No. It's just a house and it was only theirs for 2 years and change. I'm wondering when there will be enough evidence for him to be arrested for the murder of his lovely wife. That's the only thing that counts at this point and I'm wondering what more is needed (besides her body) IMO.

I think the Watts home is still empty
Yes, but I think this situation is a little different with many people believing BM is innocent. CW confessed to killing his entire family. BM hasn’t confessed to anything. Also, the locations are very different. CWs house was in a neighborhood and this house sits on some land. I hope it doesn’t sell but I think it will. MOO

Surprise, Surprise! The house is on the market :rolleyes:

I can’t remember now which one of our fabulous sleuthers called it, but way back when he got the guardianship, they predicted this was coming soon. Man, not even missing 5 mos., and BM is wheeling and dealing. He can’t even pretend to be grieving IMO.

When BM first got the guardianship, so many of us gave him a pass because of the timing of the Indiana sale, but now, IMO, this was part of the plan ALL along. If only we knew what his plan was, maybe we could find the true motive.

I agree with so many... follow the money, but there HAS to be something within all these transactions that LE can find! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms