Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A divorce without a divorce.
Sell off assets.
Build new bachelor pad. Err, I mean, a new house.

It's now obvious, a certain someone is on a determined schedule. A long-planned schedule....
You hit the nail on the head with this post! What do you think his end game is with all of these transactions?

It appears Barry wants everything he can get into cold hard cash or an equivalent. I thought he'd leave the state, but then he owns that lot in the new subdivision, unless he's planning to sell that too. IMO
He may have purchased it to lessen taxes although 2nd home rollovers are scrutinized by the IRS - if he were stockpiling cash he wouldn’t have bought it unless he has specific plans for it -
JMO

MOO IMO
1) There are very few properties that are sitting on the market for more than 30 days. They are getting snatched up by investors while the getting is good. This property, because of the open investigation, may be an exception, but if it does sell soon, I would not be surprised if it was to an investor who is just going to turn it around and AirBnB it.

2) I wonder if he is able to sell and possibly Quit Claim Deed it since there is no lien/mortgage on the home. Maybe the 7 year wait when a missing person is involved only applies when there is a bank loan on the home. I’m not certain about these RE transactional details though.

3) If and when it does sell, I would be most interested in seeing the Home Inspector’s report. It is typically required in all RE transactions. Home Inspector’s (a good and competent one) have to inspect every inch of the property to include crawl spaces, attics, basements, etc. and provide pictures.

4) Has anyone notified PE yet of this development? It will make for a great Choir Practice episode tonight to get their reaction to this news!

Correct, he has Guardianship letters by Indiana -- it's a done deal.
Until this case, I was not even remotely aware that something like this could happen to a missing person!

I really hoped that the first guardianship was a ONE time only due to necessity. It blows my mind that he now has complete control over ALL of her assets, and she’s STILL considered just missing!
Who does this?

It appears Barry wants everything he can get into cold hard cash or an equivalent. I thought he'd leave the state, but then he owns that lot in the new subdivision, unless he's planning to sell that too. IMO
Somehow I don't think so because BM purchased the lot in Longhorn subdivision just weeks after SM was reported missing. I don't think BM is going anywhere on his own. MOO

MOO IMO
Inspector’s report. It is typically required in all RE transactions. Home Inspector’s (a good and competent one) have to inspect every inch of the property to include crawl spaces, attics, basements, etc. and provide pictures.

4) Has anyone notified PE yet of this development? It will make for a great Choir Practice episode tonight to get their reaction to this news!
RSBM

P/E was notified. Home inspectors reports are not required here in the Mid-Atlantic region or any areas I'm familiar with (a little further south.) I'd be surprised if that is correct information...could be regional. They do what they call a "walk through" here, always have. That only insures appliances are working, systems are working eg. heat etc.

Last edited:
bbm
A divorce without a divorce.
Sell off assets.
Build new bachelor pad. Err, I mean, a new house.

It's now obvious, a certain someone is on a determined schedule. A long-planned schedule....
Another reason to sell that house... the ghost of what may have occurred there may be haunting a certain someone...

Agreed.
Curious re. BM's next move.

Will he declare Suzanne deceased now ?
In some states it can take years.
But Michael Chambers was declared deceased with (imo) unseemly haste.
He doesn't need to have her declared dead; the Indiana guardianship was made permanent on Sept. 1, it transfers to Colorado, and he can do any darn thing he wants with any and all of her assets.

I don't blame the judge or anybody else for not contesting the guardianship. Based on the law, the result here was inevitable. The problem is the Indiana state legislature for allowing a band-aid on an issue (missing person) that in my opinion, required formal dressing and where antiseptic is not optional. MS should have never been lumped in with "incapacitated" persons as Indiana statute defines missing persons.

I'm glad we have a separate law specifically for managing finances and estates of missing persons.

If not for the Indiana statute (awarding BM perm guardianship of SM), Colorado requires 5 years before SM could be declared dead.
Thank you! I've said here before that the problem lies with that very thing -- lumping together a missing person with an incapacitated person. Now it can't be undone for SM. A crying shame. This would not have happened in my state.

Until this case, I was not even remotely aware that something like this could happen to a missing person!

I really hoped that the first guardianship was a ONE time only due to necessity. It blows my mind that he now has complete control over ALL of her assets, and she’s STILL considered just missing!
Who does this?
Who? Somebody that intended to do just as he's doing.

Who does this?
States who suck at writing sensible laws, that's who does that. IMO. My state, and many others, make you wait 5 or 7 years for a missing person to be declared dead.

IMO, I’m not surprised the house is up for sale. This family is wrecked if BM is guilty, this family is wrecked if BM is innocent. It’s probably not a dream home any more, my guess the girls don’t want to be there, ever again. SM probably made it feel like home and was the anchor. She’s never returning. A haunted house on Puma Path....

IMO
I also think the girls may not want to live there. We don't know what shape the house was left in after the searches were done. All the happy memories in that house have been shattered by the disappearance of their mom and the searches of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member